GQ Awards

S

SCW

Morrissey has apparently won Best Solo Artist at the GQ Magazine awards. Can anyone confirm?

> Morrissey has apparently won Best Solo Artist at the GQ Magazine awards.
> Can anyone confirm?

I'm confused..someone told me that this was in August, and David Bowie won(???)

> I'm confused..someone told me that this was in August, and David Bowie
> won(???)

You might be thinking of the "Q" magazine awards?I think Bowie did win that. Not sure on his PIMPship winning an award from GQ. Try their website? Good for him if he did and congrats. Looks like I'll be buying him some YO.

> You might be thinking of the "Q" magazine awards?I think Bowie
> did win that. Not sure on his PIMPship winning an award from GQ. Try their
> website? Good for him if he did and congrats. Looks like I'll be buying
> him some YO.

Thanks, that was Q, I just found out! I'll try their website, if I can get through with this AOL :p

I hope he did win something, he deserves it.

> Thanks, that was Q, I just found out! I'll try their website, if I can get
> through with this AOL :p

> I hope he did win something, he deserves it.

NP. You're correct, his majesty does deserve to win. He is afterall, the baddest MOFO to ever step foot on this planet.(But you knew that already).

Until you know what you are talking about

Should have read I'd try this one

Well if he has, let's hope he takes it as an insult to the intelligence.

> Can anyone confirm?

Yes he won; he beat the following people:

Carl Barât
Robbie Williams
Ian Brown
Will Young
Damien Rice
Graham Coxon
Lemar
James Blunt
Mylo

No contest really. Nice to see Burt Bacharach win the Inspiration award.

GQ awards winners

Re: I was looking for Moz and saw Cowell

Doubtless that Moz is a deserving winnner of 'Solo Man' of the year award, but I should admit a sneeking regard for Simon Cowell as "Personality of the year" (whatever that is) because recently I've been watching the late night X-Factor thingy, early stages, and it's really very funny. Cowell is honest and there isn't much honesty around these days on telly. When someone's lacking in talent or in need of tuition it's better for them that they get an honest answer don't you think? OK, so being a 'talent' spotter doesn't giove you charisma or even make you suitable for appearing on TV - it certainly doesn't mean you have good taste, but I do like that X-Factor for the humour.

& BTW I have a habit of peering into Jag XK8's when I'm on my way home just in case it's Mozzer at the wheel. The other week in Putney I gawped at a black Jag and saw old sour-faced Simon Cowell at the wheel.

> Can anyone confirm?

Back
Top Bottom