Going up on stage and the flower thing

O

Our Frank

Personally I think Moz doesn't enjoy it when people get up on stage anymore. He seemed to enjoy it during the Smiths days but now he just seems irritated by it. Just like with the flowers. I bet he wishes he never did the flower thing now.

> Personally I think Moz doesn't enjoy it when people get up on
> stage anymore. He seemed to enjoy it during the Smiths days but
> now he just seems irritated by it. Just like with the flowers. I
> bet he wishes he never did the flower thing now.

i agree.....i get annnoyed when all the drunken idiots want to jump on stage and ruin the gig and causing anarchy....

Hmmm....I wonder myself. He seems to be VERY tolerant at the least, and the shows that I have seen him at he even seems to smile at times when the stage is rushed. Does he or doesn't he? Hmmm....

He loves it (and we do too)

Does he or doesn't he?
> Hmmm....
(Mike Head? Not the Pale Fountains/Shack one, are you?)

I personally think he just LOVES it! And I also think this is one of the things that make his concerts so special for all of us, the fact that we and Moz himself KNOW what is going to happen towards the end of the gig -- and noone else does. It's a wonderful conspiracy! I'd love to jump on the stage and hug him...

Re: He loves it (and we do too)

> Does he or doesn't he?
> (Mike Head? Not the Pale Fountains/Shack one, are you?)

> I personally think he just LOVES it! And I also think this is
> one of the things that make his concerts so special for all of
> us, the fact that we and Moz himself KNOW what is going to
> happen towards the end of the gig -- and noone else does. It's a
> wonderful conspiracy! I'd love to jump on the stage and hug
> him...

I think a lot has changed in the last few years. In 97 there wasn't nearly as many people getting on stage. I saw him in San Francisco, and no one even tried to get on stage until the very end. Very few made it up, the security was really keeping them down. Then I saw him at the Thousand Oaks Civic Center and I don't think anyone got up on stage. It was a welcome change to the UCLA fiasco/riot I had to go through. A few people getting on stage is fine, it sort of adds to the show to see how emotional and desperate the fans are. But too many just ruin it. Morrissey can't sing when someone's got him in a headlock.
I miss the flower thing though. I didn't see barely any flowers in '97. Why not? We should all bring flowers and immediately pelt him as soon as he walks on stage.
To all going to coachella: Make sure you identify yourself as a morrissey fan. Morrissey/smiths t-shirts are mandatory. Massive bouquets of flowers. We need to make our presence known in mass numbers. Beck gets top billing? Ugh!

Re: He loves it (and we do too)

> Does he or doesn't he?
> (Mike Head? Not the Pale Fountains/Shack one, are you?)

NO, NOT THAT ONE. BUT WHEN I FOUND OUT WE HAD THE SAME NAMES AND HE EVEN HAS A WEBSITE, IT BLEW MY MIND! Not too many of us out there!
I got on the stage in '97 and no one turned me away! It was great!

> I personally think he just LOVES it! And I also think this is
> one of the things that make his concerts so special for all of
> us, the fact that we and Moz himself KNOW what is going to
> happen towards the end of the gig -- and noone else does. It's a
> wonderful conspiracy! I'd love to jump on the stage and hug
> him...

> Personally I think Moz doesn't enjoy it when people get up on
> stage anymore. He seemed to enjoy it during the Smiths days but
> now he just seems irritated by it. Just like with the flowers. I
> bet he wishes he never did the flower thing now.

I've thought the same thing but I think that if he didn't want people on stage, he would tighten security.

I agree with the flowers. The flower thing is kinda gay.

Back
Top Bottom