don't buy from amazon

G

gareth

If amazon sales don't count towards the charts, I would suggest that people buy the single and album from elsewhere, if they want morrissey to fly high in the charts and get maximum exposure

> If amazon sales don't count towards the charts, I would suggest that
> people buy the single and album from elsewhere, if they want morrissey to
> fly high in the charts and get maximum exposure

i thought that too, but on the official site they put a link to amazon
to buy the album and single?

amazon is running HMV online, are you sure it soes not count?

oh hmmm, maybe they do count in the chart then? of course we're assuming that the people running the official site know their arse from their elbow

the few people here have suggested that amazon sales don't count in the chart. maybe they do then? how would we find out? it's rather important to know

> oh hmmm, maybe they do count in the chart then? of course we're assuming
> that the people running the official site know their arse from their elbow
>

on both official sites in fact, but i don't know if they do count,
maybe they care more about cash than chart position which is a
strange logic

My friend runs a fansite and got in touch with all these organisations. Only the HMV on-line shop is DEFINITELY a chart return outlet. Some people working for Amazon will tell you purchases count, but head office say they don't. Same with WHSmith on-line and any of the websites like play.com that are based outside the UK.

Buy from HMV

People should buy from HMV if possible then!! thanks for the info

Re: The Official UK Charts Company

According to their website:
http://www.theofficialcharts.com/

The chart system also takes into account the sales at "a number of Internet Retailers."
This info concerns only the UK of course.

THE CHART SYSTEM

The Official Charts 'Defined Universe' is any store in the UK which sells in excess of 100 pieces of audio or video product per week (excluding garages and record/video "clubs").

Sales information is supplied by 5,600 retailers that are members of the Official Charts Universe. This is approximately 99% of the total UK singles market, 95% of the total UK albums market and 80% of the total UK video market. These retailers include all the major high street chains such as HMV, WH Smith, Virgin, VShop/Our Price, and Woolworth's, supermarkets, such as Tesco and Asda, as well as approximately 600 independent shops and a number of Internet Retailers. Every shop is fitted with either an EPOS or Epson machine. The barcode of every record/video that is purchased is downloaded direct to Millward Brown, the research agency commissioned by The Official UK Charts Company to compile the charts.

> If amazon sales don't count towards the charts, I would suggest that
> people buy the single and album from elsewhere, if they want morrissey to
> fly high in the charts and get maximum exposure

I think it's ridicolus to think they won't take Amazon into account.

> Deliberately vague.

I've had an e-mail from Amazon saying that it was no longer available even though I ordered weeks and weeks ago. What's all that about? Heard of gigs selling out but not bloody CDs!

All I know is that my friend with the website actually got an email back from Amazon confirming they're not included. They don't like to talk about their sales figures etc. because they're tiny in comparison to their profile.

Back
Top Bottom