Bye Bye Saddam & F**K YOU FRANCE!!!

OR THE MILLIONS OF FRENCE WHO LOVED THEM AND THE WHORES WHO f***ED THEM?????

CHARLES DE GAULLE WAS A COWARD AND A FOOL...CHURCHILL WANTED HIM DEAD AT ONE STAGE THINKING HE WAS A COMMIE.

HE WAS A ARROGANT FOOL.

WHATS WRONG ARE YOU FRENCE?????WAS YOUR GRANNIE A WHORE TO THE NAZI'S

> or tell that to the maquis -- the french resistence movement -- and
> charles de gaulle? why don't you try to tell that to the millions of
> french men, women, and children who dragged their feet every step of the
> way? you f***ing twat. i suggest you read a history book before you try to
> play with the big boys (and girls).

what the f*** is a frence? dear god, i think somebody needs to learn to spell.

sorry, you're dreaming if you think any french people "loved" hitler. some of them were "collaborators," but if you were in their position, you don't know what you'd have done. (i have a hunch you'd have dropped your drawers to take an assraping from hitler, but that's just the kind of person you are.)

> CHARLES DE GAULLE WAS A COWARD AND A FOOL...CHURCHILL WANTED HIM DEAD AT
> ONE STAGE THINKING HE WAS A COMMIE.
> HE WAS A ARROGANT FOOL.

oh, that's appropriate. let's call the man who led the french resistence movement and helped britain and america fight hitler a commie and thus completely deny his important role. what a moron you are. yes, i know that churchill, roosevelt, and truman were none too fond of de gaulle at one point, but then the three of them did a lot of questionable things themselves in fighting that war and most of the problems with him arose after the war.

> WHATS WRONG ARE YOU FRENCE?????WAS YOUR GRANNIE A WHORE TO THE NAZI'S

sorry, no. i am part french but all of my french relatives came to america well over a century ago. so go f*** yourself, you stupid twat. again, i ask you, what the holy hell is a frence? some people (like you) are too stupid to live.

like i said before, go read a history book. actually, go read some dr. seuss first to build your much-needed literacy skills. and i hope if the terrorists go apeshit, they hit your house first.

Thanks for wanting terrorists hit my house TYPICAL FRENCE reaction!!

Look LOVE The Frence have never ever been respected in Europe and are know are total arseholes with chips on there shoulders.THEY ARE NOT KNOW AND NEVER HAVE BEEN TRUSTED OR RELIED ON.

,> sorry, you're dreaming if you think any french people "loved"
> hitler. some of them were "collaborators," but if you were in
> their position, you don't know what you'd have done. (i have a hunch you'd
> have dropped your drawers to take an assraping from hitler, but that's
> just the kind of person you are.)

> oh, that's appropriate. let's call the man who led the french resistence
> movement and helped britain and america fight hitler a commie and thus
> completely deny his important role. what a moron you are. yes, i know that
> churchill, roosevelt, and truman were none too fond of de gaulle at one
> point, but then the three of them did a lot of questionable things
> themselves in fighting that war and most of the problems with him arose
> after the war.

> sorry, no. i am part french but all of my french relatives came to america
> well over a century ago. so go f*** yourself, you stupid twat. again, i
> ask you, what the holy hell is a frence? some people (like you) are too
> stupid to live.

> like i said before, go read a history book. actually, go read some dr.
> seuss first to build your much-needed literacy skills. and i hope if the
> terrorists go apeshit, they hit your house first.

Re: that's funny, considering the french foiled a terrorist plan to fly a plane into the eiffel towe

> uh, as i said in the subject line, they foiled a terrorist plot to fly
> planes into the eiffel tower. in other words, they were able to uncover
> terrorist plots and prevent them from happening.

Ah, Mindy, 'tis good to have you back, ol' chap. I'm still reeling from the ugly run in I had with Oaf, so I know what you mean when you said earlier you just about had a stroke from anger after reading his posts. Never a dull moment on here, well sometimes. Are you feeling better?

there is no such thing as a frence, so how can any reaction be typically frence?

> Look LOVE The Frence have never ever been respected in Europe and are know
> are total arseholes with chips on there shoulders.THEY ARE NOT KNOW AND
> NEVER HAVE BEEN TRUSTED OR RELIED ON.

look, moron, i can't be bothered to continue arguing with someone who can't even speak english properly. i love how you back nothing you say up with facts and i also love how with a few well chosen arguments, i could totally shut you down. but of course, retards like you never know when to quit. so i'll quit first. now kindly go outside and play in traffic.

Re: that's funny, considering the french foiled a terrorist plan to fly a plane into the eiffel towe

> Ah, Mindy, 'tis good to have you back, ol' chap. I'm still reeling from
> the ugly run in I had with Oaf, so I know what you mean when you said
> earlier you just about had a stroke from anger after reading his posts.
> Never a dull moment on here, well sometimes. Are you feeling better?

hi amanda. i'm feeling much better, thanks. don't worry. i got your back on the oaf thing. the things he said to and about you were completely uncalled for, even if he did have a point about a thing or two. (never mind the fact that half of the "facts" he posts are untrue.) i am reinstating my boycott of his political posts and i do hope that some people join us in not responding to someone who resorts to the same bullyish tactics bush does.

> hi amanda. i'm feeling much better, thanks. don't worry. i got your back
> on the oaf thing. the things he said to and about you were completely
> uncalled for, even if he did have a point about a thing or two. (never
> mind the fact that half of the "facts" he posts are untrue.) i
> am reinstating my boycott of his political posts and i do hope that some
> people join us in not responding to someone who resorts to the same
> bullyish tactics bush does.

Yeah, they've got a lot in common. Thanks.

Re: tick tock tick tock

> I'm sorry you think the status-quo described in that linked article is
> worth preserving.

I don't say nor write nor think that status -quo is worth preserving. That's not the implication you can draw from my point of view. That would be a logical mistake and intellectually dishonest.

> And I'm sorry the atrocities described in articles like that get
> completely ignored at supposed "peace" rallies. Oh, wait, that's
> right, everybody makes sure to say the obligatory "I'm no fan of
> Saddam," before their buts about why he deserves to remain in power.

Well, you have my full support to send in American special forces to take Saddam out of Iraq and put him to trial. You don't have any support at all for bombing campaigns with the so-called Moab: how on earth are you planning to distinguish innocent civilians from Saddam loyalists? I don't see the logic in referring to the Moab and pleading the case of the Iraqi people.

> Have yet to see a single protestor's sign condemning such atrocities by
> Saddam.

Well, here you have one. You surely remember that Saddam's gas attacks on Iran and the Kurds never encountered any condemnation by your own establishment at that time? I haven't heard Rumsfeld publicly declare that he really feels terribly sorry for shaking hands with Saddam and meeting him during the 80s.

> Thankfully, the clock is ticking fast on that fascist f***.

and you may add "on the Iraqi civilian population as well". How come they are swept under the rug all of a sudden? How come America determines the way in which they will be freed? How come even the staunchest supporters of Saddam's toppling (take the Kurds in the north) are afraid of the war to come?
The word "fascist", by the way, is used wrongly - he's a vicious, brutal, murderous and belligerent dictator. He's in no way linked to historical fascism.

The ultimatum on Saddam. Does this really mean that America has to organize such a massive military operation in order to get one person (and a few family members) out of the country? Are you absolutely certain that the utmost care will be taken to avoid civilian casualties? If you promote this war, do you want to bear the responsibility of accounting for every single civilian death ? What effect do threats like the Moab and nukes have on the Iraqi population? Do you think they're all looking forward to the war in the same way as you are looking forward to it?

Were the people of Viet-Nam grateful that the USA tried to keep them from communist rule? And of the way in which they tried to?

Were the citizens of Dresden happy of being freed from Hitler by the US and allied forces? And of the way in which they did it?

Were the Nicaraguans pleased with the American support for the rebels? And of the way these rebels acted against the government?

I think it's wise to keep from praising this war until you have been able to check that innocent civilians were spared as much as possible in order to topple Saddam's regime. That seems to me to be the only reasonable evaluation metric for a war.

Time will tell whether or not this war will have brought any good to the Iraqi. Even the most ethical goal doesn't justify the bloodiest of means.

> hell yeah, will somebody please fly an airbus loaded with high octane fuel
> into the friggin eiffel tower???

What I want to know is with all this anti-French sentiment, will the US be bringing down the Statue of Liberty?

15 Hours, 3 Minutes, 20 Seconds - tick tock tick tock

w> I don't say nor write nor think that status -quo is worth preserving.
> That's not the implication you can draw from my point of view. That would
> be a logical mistake and intellectually dishonest.

The end of the rainbow for your policy would have been Saddam holding on to power for years to come. Yet you're unwilling to even discuss the consequences of that in terms of what that would have meant for peace and justice for the Iraqi people and the world at large. I thank the 30+ nation strong Coalition of the Willing for not accepting the certain evil consequences of Saddam holding on to power. Third largest international coalition in 100 years. Peace will be on the civilized world's terms, NOT SADDAM'S!

> Well, you have my full support to send in American special forces to take
> Saddam out of Iraq and put him to trial. You don't have any support at all
> for bombing campaigns with the so-called Moab: how on earth are you
> planning to distinguish innocent civilians from Saddam loyalists? I don't
> see the logic in referring to the Moab and pleading the case of the Iraqi
> people.

I don't see the logic in saying that leaving Saddam in power promotes peace and justice in Iraq.

But I'm one of those crazy people who takes my cues from Iraqi exiles who actually lived and escaped from in his terror regime. You know, those people with firsthand insight into Saddam who aren't invited to "peace" protests simply because their definition of peace in Iraq starts with an Iraq free of Saddam.

> Well, here you have one. You surely remember that Saddam's gas attacks on
> Iran and the Kurds never encountered any condemnation by your own
> establishment at that time?

Paul Wolfowitz, key advisor to Bush, has opposed Saddam since 1978.

It's a different story for Brent Scowcroft, one of Bush Sr's advisors, who was elbow deep in all the misguided Saddam policies that led to official, shameful silence in response to atrocities in the 1980s.

Strangely enough, the "peace" protestors I see on TV keep saying we should listen to Scowcroft - they cite him over and over again - because he continues to support leaving Saddam alone. And they say we should condemn Wolfowitz, even though he was right about Saddam since 1978, and was pushing for policies that recognized Saddam's menace way back then and consistantly to the present. He even foresaw Saddam's threat to Kuwait years before Saddam invaded.

Oh, that's right, Wolfowitz has one of those JEWISH last names, so he must be demonized (that isn't to you - I've never seen your screenname before - it's to certain others here). Yeah, so sinister, a man who has called for advancing democratic values in Iraq and elsewhere for his entire career, who even personally scolded Suharto over human rights. People know little of the people they demonize and even less about the people they align with (ANSWER organizing marches for PEACE???).

Oh, but the next thing people will tell me is those ambitious, conspiring Jews created Saddam in a test tube 65 years ago so Zionist Wolfowitz and his puppet on a string, Bush, could take over the world in 2003. (That's not to you, either.)

I'd rather be on the same team as an idealistic guy who has been consistantly right about Saddam (although I support the bases of his policies more than how he'd carry some of them out). You can have Scowcroft and the realpolitick policies of the past. Some of us learn from mistakes and history, some of us do not. Carter and Reagan remained silent about Saddam's atrocities in the late 70s and 1980s, and peaceniks on this board - much like Carter and Reagan - are mostly silent about Saddam's evil TODAY. Which is why I've had to have some harsh run-ins with Saddam white-washers - Notastitichtowear and, to a lesser degree, Mindy - on this board recently. Hell, at least Carter and Reagan had the excuse of worrying about such things as the Iranian revolution, and lacked the 20/20 vision of hindsight, to at least make their silence comprehensible, although not excusable.

Why, the peace crowd didn't even learn from such recent history as the toppling of the Taliban and the bringing of Milosevic to justice. But being on the completely wrong side of history with Milosevic and the Taliban sure doesn't stop the "peaceniks" from claiming to be the authorities on what we should do with Saddam.

And another funny thing is, people weren't on the streets protesting America's Iraq policies of the past. They are on the streets protesting that that policy has been turned away from. They are protesting a policy which will remove the monster. Some solidarity with the opressed.

So yeah, I take my cues from Iraqi exiles. I also have listened to Nazi Holocaust surviors, many of whom correctly see analogies between removing Saddam today and the missed opportunity to remove Hitler before countless millions died in the 20th century. Not sure where the LEave-Saddam-Alone folks take their cues from. I guess they just hate Bush and don't think or care about much else. Explains why I'm the only one ever talking about SADDAM here.

> The word "fascist", by the way, is used wrongly - he's a
> vicious, brutal, murderous and belligerent dictator. He's in no way linked
> to historical fascism.

He's a fascist f***. The word fits him like a glove. I understand you don't wanna call a spade a spade, because who on earth would wanna stand up and advocate leaving a fascist in control of a nation?

But the clock is ticking on that motherf***er, thank goodness.

>If you promote
> this war, do you want to bear the responsibility of accounting for every
> single civilian death ?

I support the war contingent upon it being fought justly.

If it's fought unjustly my support is removed.

Recent history proves America can live up to its promise of fighting wars justly: Kosovo, Afghanistan.

Now, do you want to bear the responsibility of accounting for every civilian death caused by Saddam if we had let him off the hook?

Never hear much about that.

You act like there's some benign status-quo in Iraq. But it's GUARANTEED that civilians would die in extremely large numbers if Saddam held power. This is a man who is already responsible for an estimated 1.5 million deaths.

> Time will tell whether or not this war will have brought any good to the
> Iraqi. Even the most ethical goal doesn't justify the bloodiest of means.

Yes, we are at the moment of truth now, thank goodness for that.

Re: tick tock tick tock -- time's running out, Saddam

> Have yet to see a single protestor's sign condemning such atrocities by
> Saddam.

Your peculiar brand of sociology is a marvel of social science! Just because people don't make signs about things, it means they obviously don't believe them. Interesting.

I've never made a sign expressing my appreciation of Moz, I must hate his guts.

Re: 15 Hours, 3 Minutes, 20 Seconds - tick tock tick tock

> The end of the rainbow for your policy would have been Saddam holding on
> to power for years to come. Yet you're unwilling to even discuss the
> consequences of that in terms of what that would have meant for peace and
> justice for the Iraqi people and the world at large. I thank the 30+
> nation strong Coalition of the Willing for not accepting the certain evil
> consequences of Saddam holding on to power. Third largest international
> coalition in 100 years. Peace will be on the civilized world's terms, NOT
> SADDAM'S!

Just interested - can you name the 30+ countries, and identify which ones are sending troops?

> Oh, that's right, Wolfowitz has one of those JEWISH last names, so he must
> be demonized (that isn't to you - I've never seen your screenname before -
> it's to certain others here). Yeah, so sinister, a man who has called for
> advancing democratic values in Iraq and elsewhere for his entire career,
> who even personally scolded Suharto over human rights. People know little
> of the people they demonize and even less about the people they align with
> (ANSWER organizing marches for PEACE???).

Mmmmmm, and what's his position on the wholesale abrogation of Palestinian human rights by the occupying Israelis? Bush actually deserves some credit for not adopting Wolfowitz's "roadmap" to peace. Wolfowitz should be demonised for his position vis a vis Israel, but he CERTAINLY should have been listened to years ago in relation to Saddam.

And the protests here in Victoria were largely co-ordinated by the Trades Hall Council (our peak Trade Union body) - do you have some problem with trade unionists alongside everyone who's ever said an ill word about capitalism? Actually, I think I know the answer to that.

> I support the war contingent upon it being fought justly.
> If it's fought unjustly my support is removed.

LOL, and amen to that.

> w> I don't say nor write nor think that status -quo is worth
> preserving.

> The end of the rainbow for your policy would have been Saddam holding on
> to power for years to come.

That's hardly much more than a wild guess. The first Gulf War was a very good opportunity for UN-led troops to go and get Saddam. It was not done, even though his record on human rights violations was well known already at that time; as much as his chemical and biological arms buildup.
If I remember well, the first Gulf War didn't beat the drums of "saving the Iraqi population" - it was limited to the liberation of Kuwait. The question is on Bush senior as to know why he chose at that time to leave Saddam in power. And why the West eventually hoped the Iraqis themselves would topple Saddam without any further help from them. That was a cynical misjudgement many Iraqis (especially in the North and South) still blame the 1991 coalition for.

> Yet you're unwilling to even discuss the
> consequences of that in terms of what that would have meant for peace and
> justice for the Iraqi people and the world at large.

Unwilling? Absolutely not - I don't see how you could try to infer that from my previous message.
What did it mean for the Iraqi people? They have suffered under a very strict and severe embargo for which Saddam himself is to blame in the first place and the UN and USA in the second place. Why is that? When it became clear that economical sanctions weren't doing the trick, the UN continued to enforce them. The consequences are not very pretty: as far as welfare and health issues are concerned, the innocent Iraqi people suffered a whole lot. They moreover became more and more dependent on government help (food, water and healthcare). Quite the opposite of what the embargo originally was meant to do. Yet sanctions continued. They haven't harmed Saddam, made the population even more dependent on him, and allowed him to stay in place.

> I thank the 30+
> nation strong Coalition of the Willing for not accepting the certain evil
> consequences of Saddam holding on to power. Third largest international
> coalition in 100 years. Peace will be on the civilized world's terms, NOT
> SADDAM'S!

Aren't you afraid you're taking certain moral principles too far? What's next? An invasion of Africa, where the conditions of millions of people, many more than in Iraq (which was a rather prosperous country before the first Gulf War)? An invasion of China, of North Korea? Chechnya? Israel and the occupied territories? If you want to be lead a moral coalition to rid the world of bad things, I wish you good luck.

> I don't see the logic in saying that leaving Saddam in power promotes
> peace and justice in Iraq.

Again, you should return to the Gulf War I. At that time, who cared about the fate of the Iraqi? Yet all of a sudden, Bush junior thinks they are of primary importance. And how does Saddam threaten the world? Leaving aside Israel, none of its neighbours appear very much terrified at Saddam's presence. Kuwaitis are much more under pressure now, with an imminent war, than they have been during the last 10 years. By their own admission.
Leaving Saddam in power for sure doesn't promote peace, justice, welfare or prosperity in Iraq. The question is whether you need a massive bombing campaign to get to Saddam; given that a UN approval doesn't seem necessary anyway. Do you need to use nukes to kill a fly?

> But I'm one of those crazy people who takes my cues from Iraqi exiles who
> actually lived and escaped from in his terror regime. You know, those
> people with firsthand insight into Saddam who aren't invited to
> "peace" protests simply because their definition of peace in
> Iraq starts with an Iraq free of Saddam.

Well, the Iraqi exiles find it probably amusing that Bagdad is under bomb threat; a city of about 6 million people. I spoke to Kurds who survived Saddam's purges, my husband even went into Kurd-controlled Norther Iraq. They want Saddam out of power for sure, yet are not really happy with the present war plans. Nor with what will come once Saddam is ousted.

> Paul Wolfowitz, key advisor to Bush, has opposed Saddam since 1978.
> It's a different story for Brent Scowcroft, one of Bush Sr's advisors, who
> was elbow deep in all the misguided Saddam policies that led to official,
> shameful silence in response to atrocities in the 1980s.

Precisely. And many more "peaceniks" as you like to call them, have been opposing Saddam's rise and powergames. Why would they be irrelevant? As we have been doing with Saudi Arabia, and Israel, for already quite a while.

> Strangely enough, the "peace" protestors I see on TV keep saying
> we should listen to Scowcroft - they cite him over and over again -
> because he continues to support leaving Saddam alone. And they say we
> should condemn Wolfowitz, even though he was right about Saddam since
> 1978, and was pushing for policies that recognized Saddam's menace way
> back then and consistantly to the present. He even foresaw Saddam's threat
> to Kuwait years before Saddam invaded.
> Oh, that's right, Wolfowitz has one of those JEWISH last names, so he must
> be demonized (that isn't to you - I've never seen your screenname before -
> it's to certain others here). Yeah, so sinister, a man who has called for
> advancing democratic values in Iraq and elsewhere for his entire career,
> who even personally scolded Suharto over human rights. People know little
> of the people they demonize and even less about the people they align with
> (ANSWER organizing marches for PEACE???).

I don't mind if Wolfowitz is Jewish or not. That's besides the point entirely. I do mind he's not very talkative about getting to Saddam after Gulf War I. You do understand that this imminent war will be judged on a number of factors: (a) how the Iraqi civilians will suffer during it, (b) whether it will uncover Saddam's stocks of WMD (c) whether Saddam will indeed be ousted and (d) whether the Iraqi will finally have the freedom to elect the leader they want - since that's the highest goal of a democracy.

> I'd rather be on the same team as an idealistic guy who has been
> consistantly right about Saddam (although I support the bases of his
> policies more than how he'd carry some of them out). You can have
> Scowcroft and the realpolitick policies of the past. Some of us learn from
> mistakes and history, some of us do not. Carter and Reagan remained silent
> about Saddam's atrocities in the late 70s and 1980s, and peaceniks on this
> board - much like Carter and Reagan - are mostly silent about Saddam's
> evil TODAY. Which is why I've had to have some harsh run-ins with Saddam
> white-washers - Notastitichtowear and, to a lesser degree, Mindy - on this
> board recently. Hell, at least Carter and Reagan had the excuse of
> worrying about such things as the Iranian revolution, and lacked the 20/20
> vision of hindsight, to at least make their silence comprehensible,
> although not excusable.
> Why, the peace crowd didn't even learn from such recent history as the
> toppling of the Taliban and the bringing of Milosevic to justice. But
> being on the completely wrong side of history with Milosevic and the
> Taliban sure doesn't stop the "peaceniks" from claiming to be
> the authorities on what we should do with Saddam.

Well, you'll have to admit that the Bush administration has been calling different tunes in order to deal with Saddam. War had to be done in order to get him to disarm. Inspectors claim there's nothing left to disarm, and even Powell had to admit his documents about the nukes was false and fed to him by foreign (undisclosed) intelligence services. Let's not start about the British document on Iraq's weapons, which was even worse.
Then it was the threat of international terrorism. Honestly, the links between Saudi Arabia and AL Quaeda are much stronger than those between Saddam and Al Quaeda. Moreover, even the USA admitted that the attacks of 9/11 were probably conceived in Afganistan, but planned and organized in Europe and the USA.
Then it became the people of Iraq themselves. Fine by me, but I'm frankly not happy at all with cruise missiles and Moabs being dropped on Bagdad. Is that really the best way for the Iraqi people to get to Saddam? Again, I then hope America will not stop at Iraq, but will also send troops and help to Africa, Birma, China, the Occupied Territories, Chechnya, and Bosnia too. Oh - they vetoed the continuation of Bosnia's peacekeeping mission - now that's strange! And Israel's policy in the Occupied Territories. We can onluy hope they do better next time?
If indeed the war is meant to disarm Saddam of his WMD, then we'll all expect the troops to give credible evidence of the presence of these WMD. That will be another benchmark to judge this war. If indeed war is meant to liberate the Iraqi, the benchmark will be on the way the civilians are spared. If the war is to get rid of Saddam, the benchmark will be Saddam on trial or dead. And in that case, one cannot agree with the ultimatum which would allow Saddam to live happily in exile in Saudi Arabia.

> And another funny thing is, people weren't on the streets protesting
> America's Iraq policies of the past. They are on the streets protesting
> that that policy has been turned away from. They are protesting a policy
> which will remove the monster. Some solidarity with the opressed.

Solidarity with the oppressed is indeed what is the case. Voices from inside Iraq (not the exiles, indeed) are pro getting rid of Saddam, but contra bombs on city centers. I wonder whether everything has been done to keep the civilian suffering to a strict minimum. As far as sanctions are concerned, the judgement is negative. As far as massive bombing is concerned, the answer again is negative. Once Saddam's gone, that will be good and fine. As with the Taliban. But the cases are not the goals, but the means with which the goals can be reached. Afganistan was a different case - bombing mountains is much less risky than bombing a city of 5,4 million. The same holds for Kosovo: striking armed positions is easier than getting to Milosovic. And you'll have to admit that no action of the US army so far managed to get to the heart of the problem: mullah Omar, Osama Bin Laden, Milosevic himself (sent by the late Dzindzic), Karadzic and Mladic (both still living happily in Serbia). Which prompts the same question: is the way to get to Saddam really bombing the population?
It's simply not the case that the liberation of Iraq justifies extensive civilian casualties.

> So yeah, I take my cues from Iraqi exiles. I also have listened to Nazi
> Holocaust surviors, many of whom correctly see analogies between removing
> Saddam today and the missed opportunity to remove Hitler before countless
> millions died in the 20th century.

Well, "correctly" is probably not an objective word here. Removing Hitler was indeed an option after WWII began, but saving Jews from the holocaust so far never was high on the international agenda, not even during the war. Many holocaust survivors (even very famous ones, like P. Levi) keep/kept wondering why no one tried to cut the concentration camps off from the nazi murder machine (bombing railways, taking out administrative buildings ...).

> Not sure where the LEave-Saddam-Alone
> folks take their cues from. I guess they just hate Bush and don't think or
> care about much else. Explains why I'm the only one ever talking about
> SADDAM here.

> He's a fascist f***. The word fits him like a glove. I understand you
> don't wanna call a spade a spade, because who on earth would wanna stand
> up and advocate leaving a fascist in control of a nation?

He's not a "fascist" in the sense this word has received from history. You can't hide behind that word in order to promote a war against him. Just sticking with the facts is already more than enough to caracterize Saddam.

> But the clock is ticking on that motherf***er, thank goodness.

> I support the war contingent upon it being fought justly.
> If it's fought unjustly my support is removed.

But you seem to be pretty sure that it will be fought justly. I read your message where you are full of joy about the Moab. I cannot link that to your concern for the Iraqi. My concern goes to the Iraqi, and I hope that the use of traditional bombs (not the "smart" ones) will be as limited as possible. Even if that means that grounds troops will have to fight their way towards Saddam.

> Recent history proves America can live up to its promise of fighting wars
> justly: Kosovo, Afghanistan.

Well, that's a very simple statement. Kosovo is not Iraq. Afganistan is not Iraq. And even if I agree that the NATO intervention in Kosovo had the desired effects, with minimal civilian losses (although there were serious mistakes and I hope those responsible have been appropriately punished), there is yet no guarantee that the way in which the USA is promoting this war (Moab, cruise missiles even nukes!) is able to minimize the civilian losses.

> Now, do you want to bear the responsibility of accounting for every
> civilian death caused by Saddam if we had let him off the hook?

That's a wrong question, of course. I am not responsible for the death of Iraqi under Saddam's regime. I'm not responsible for the Chinese who died in Tian An Men, I'm not responsible for the Chechens who died under Russian fire. You couldd potentially only accuse me of being responsible for not trying to find a solution, peaceful or otherwise, in the interest of the safety of the Iraqi people - that is, if such a situation would indeed apply to me.

> Never hear much about that.
> You act like there's some benign status-quo in Iraq. But it's GUARANTEED
> that civilians would die in extremely large numbers if Saddam held power.
> This is a man who is already responsible for an estimated 1.5 million
> deaths.

That's again an implication my texts do not convey; there is no benign status-quo in Iraq and nowhere did I state that.
The numbers you quote are also not very "clean": you probably include deaths from the Iraq Iran war that cannot be included if we're talking about civilian Iraqi. You probably include the deaths related to the embargo. Again, you cannot attribute those deaths entirely on Saddam alone. The UN has its fair share of responsibility.
Dropping bombs on Bagdad in order to get Saddam out of power seems a tad overreacting, and in what way is that helping the Iraqis? Why is it consistently made to look as if a massive war, carpet bombing, even nukes are the only way to get Saddam out of Iraq? The goal of the military operation may indeed very well be to save the Iraqi population, but the way in which it will probably (again, judging from what we are informed about) be done, can hardly be considered a great help to the Iraqi population.

> Yes, we are at the moment of truth now, thank goodness for that.

The Iraqi population also consider this a moment of truth, but are much less elated about it.

> Just interested - can you name the 30+ countries, and identify which ones
> are sending troops?

I'm supposed to memorize the list? I heard it orally. There are 30-some nations doing something something to help the war effort. And another 15 on top of that who are silently giving defensive help.

The Coalition of the Willing includes Iceland, Japan, Spain, Poland, Czech Republic, Qatar, Denmark, Italy, Australia, Hungary, and many more.

As far as troops...Great Britain has sent over 40,000 troops and a large part of their navy, Australia has sent 2,000 troops plus aircrafts and other shit. Poland, the Netherlands, Romania, and the muslim nation of Albania have each sent some token but much appreciated troops and other personnel for some specific purposes. Did Spain or Italy send any troops? I forget, but I don't think they did. But Slovakia and the Czech Republic sent some people to Kuwait to help out in the event of a chemical attack.

I dunno, I may not be entirely accurate on all this. I'mgoing by memory of an oral news report on the radio.

> Mmmmmm, and what's his position on the wholesale abrogation of Palestinian
> human rights by the occupying Israelis? Bush actually deserves some credit
> for not adopting Wolfowitz's "roadmap" to peace. Wolfowitz
> should be demonised for his position vis a vis Israel, but he CERTAINLY
> should have been listened to years ago in relation to Saddam.

I've already posted my views on Israel some months back, and I'm a little tired tonight so I don't wanna get into that. I'm watching the beginning of IRaq's liberation on TV. = )

> That's hardly much more than a wild guess.

That Saddam would hold on to power? Well, given that he only responds to demands with 250,000 troops costing a billion dollars a day on his border,
and given that he only respnds to the threat of that force if he thinks it might actually come and get him, and given that the window for war would close in a few weeks and we'd have to wait till next fall, and given that FRance has vowed to veto anything remotely relating to an ultimatum or call for use of force without even reading it, it seems to me that if France had its way it would have been perfectly clear to Saddam that he would have home free. It would have been total victory for Saddam. And he'd live to terrorize his people for a long while longer, and to threaten the world to an increasing degree.

>The first Gulf War was a very
> good opportunity for UN-led troops to go and get Saddam.

So you supported regime change and urban warfare in Baghdad in 1991, and without UN authorization? And you support that long before it was clear that such regime change warfare was the absolute last resort (as it is today)?

Or you don't?

Or what are you saying?

Your type is always so damn vague about what you actually SUPPORT. Why is that?

We probably should've gotten Saddam in 1991. I really don't know. At the time, we didn't know what would happen over the next 12 years. It was a tough call and would've been a tough sell politically, most especially because people like you would march in the streets. It seems to me you don't see the obvious point right in front of your face: WE ALREADY TRIED TO GIVE PEACE A CHANCE AND NOTHING UNDER THE SUN GOT SADDAM TO COMPLY. So it's really laughable when people call for more time, when more time and more time and more time is what we've already done for years and years.

>It was not done,
> even though his record on human rights violations was well known already
> at that time; as much as his chemical and biological arms buildup.

Yes, UN Resolutions were passed over his WMD and human rights violations right after the Gulf War, precisely to try and find a solution short of further war to remove Saddam. So what's with you? This is what we're talking about! The UN failed to enforce it's resolutions!!!!! Saddam failed to allow any solution short of war! Pay attention. Jesus Freaking Christ.

> If I remember well, the first Gulf War didn't beat the drums of
> "saving the Iraqi population" - it was limited to the liberation
> of Kuwait.

Yeah, so? In the Gulf War we were acting to stop the agression of Saddam, which included his invasion of Kuwait, the lobbing of SCUD missiles into some other neighbors, and the threatening of invasion of Saudi Arabia.

The LEGAL BASIS of the current war (which is really just a continuation of the previous war) is that he didn't abide by his ceasefire agreement, and years and over a dozen more UN Resolutions followed, ending with his current material breaches of his final opportunity to fully and immediately comply.

I keep seeing what you guys post and I guess you just don't follow the news very closely and don't seem to understand that the legal basis for the Iraq war is an unique situation with a 13 year history justifiying it.

Now some of those UN Resolutions along the way do demand he end his sick, evil treatment of his people. Those are part of the "Iraq has been and remains in violation of its obligations" mentioned in 1441. And furthermore, the human rights and liberation aspect gives us a clear conscience in acting, because while the primary motivation for Bush and Blair and company is national and world security, along with that comes the liberation for Iraq.

I keep seeing you guys posting lists about all the other countries where there are evil things going on. But I guess you all have your heads in your asses and can't follow that Saddam is an outlaw who invaded Kuwait and has been in violation of the resulting UN demands ever since. Now you guys obviously DON'T support going to all these other countries and liberating them, so you're not being at all serious. What you're saying is you OPPOSE the liberation if IRAQ *despite* all the solid legal bases that demand our intervention. That liberation for Iraqis comes long with this is a GOOD thing, duh. How can you not understand that?

>The question is on Bush senior as to know why he chose at that
> time to leave Saddam in power. And why the West eventually hoped the
> Iraqis themselves would topple Saddam without any further help from them.
> That was a cynical misjudgement many Iraqis (especially in the North and
> South) still blame the 1991 coalition for.

YEah, we called on people in Iraq to rise up, and then we let them down.
And YOU want to backstab them AGAIN and leave them even MORE hopeless than ever before. Imagine how you'd feel in IRaq today, where journalists such as Peter Arnet in Baghdad are talking the past few days about how the ice is breaking and some IRaqis are beginning to cautiously speak more freely for the first time, and many (and I have no idea how representative) are telling them they want to build a new future and they understand what the USA is doing. And you'd have our forces back down and give Saddam a victory. Absolutely sickening to even contemplate such a course of events.

> Unwilling? Absolutely not - I don't see how you could try to infer that
> from my previous message.

Is this your usual screenname?

> What did it mean for the Iraqi people? They have suffered under a very
> strict and severe embargo for which Saddam himself is to blame in the
> first place and the UN and USA in the second place. Why is that? When it
> became clear that economical sanctions weren't doing the trick, the UN
> continued to enforce them.

Well, we miscalculated how evil Saddam is. How willing he'd be to let his people suffer to score propaganda points with dupes, and how hellbent he'd be in his obsession for acquiring ever more monstrous weapons of mass destruction.
The oil-for-food works in Northern IRaq. But anyway, I obviously support ending the sanctions and the suffering under them, as I support KILLING SADDAM and ending this shit once and for all. You, OTOH, support what?

>The consequences are not very pretty: as far as
> welfare and health issues are concerned, the innocent Iraqi people
> suffered a whole lot. They moreover became more and more dependent on
> government help (food, water and healthcare). Quite the opposite of what
> the embargo originally was meant to do. Yet sanctions continued. They
> haven't harmed Saddam, made the population even more dependent on him, and
> allowed him to stay in place.

Apparently what you support is ending the sanctions and leaving Saddam in power?

So you support total victory for Saddam, and you'd have allowed him to truly become the next Hitler.

> Aren't you afraid you're taking certain moral principles too far? What's
> next? An invasion of Africa, where the conditions of millions of people,
> many more than in Iraq (which was a rather prosperous country before the
> first Gulf War)? An invasion of China, of North Korea? Chechnya? Israel
> and the occupied territories? If you want to be lead a moral coalition to
> rid the world of bad things, I wish you good luck.

See above.

> Again, you should return to the Gulf War I. At that time, who cared about
> the fate of the Iraqi? Yet all of a sudden, Bush junior thinks they are of
> primary importance.

>And how does Saddam threaten the world? Leaving aside
> Israel, none of its neighbours appear very much terrified at Saddam's
> presence.

First of all, I don't for one second except your view that none of the other neighbors feel threatened. They all do.

And I love how you say "leaving aside Israel."Israel is an ally of America and Saddam has vowed to help commit a holocast there, including the pledge to one day destroy Jerusalem. But lets just "put that aside." LOL!

And should we put aside that he gave safe haven to Abu Nidal, the biggest name in terrorism previous to USama bin Laden, and responsble for blowing up airports in Vienna and Rome, the assination of democratic Palestinian, and the murder of Israeli ambassabor to England, and contributor to provoking war in LEbannon?

And should we put aside that he funds Plaestinian homicide/suicide bombers who blow up little children on purpose? Just a few days ago he gave another suybstantial amount of financial support to such atrocities.

And should we put aside that Al Qaeda agents are in Iraq today, many of whom were invited in AFTER 9/11? (IOW, even after the atrocity of 9/11, Saddam welcomed them with open arms). There's also CIA evidence that Saddam gave poison gases training to al Qaeda agents. See The New Yorker Feb 10, eight pages of evidence on links.

Lets put that all aside?

OK then, even if you put all of that aside, there's still a clear threat that requires action. The UN declared him a threat who must be disarmed, and did so unanmiously. Duh. Again, you've gotta watch the news sometime.

>Kuwaitis are much more under pressure now, with an imminent war,
> than they have been during the last 10 years.

And Kuwait will be glad when Saddam is gone, as he is a complete threat to them. Saddam, quite obviously, intends to one day re-invade Kuwait and hold the world hostage with WMD so they can't knock him out again (he told aides after the Gulf War that his mistake was he invaded Kuwait before he had nukes).

>By their own admission.
> Leaving Saddam in power for sure doesn't promote peace, justice, welfare
> or prosperity in Iraq. The question is whether you need a massive bombing
> campaign to get to Saddam; given that a UN approval doesn't seem necessary
> anyway. Do you need to use nukes to kill a fly?

We waited years and years for Saddam to comply, he chose not to in his final opportunity ("final opposunity" was the UN's words, not mine). No serious alternative action was offered by anyone, and that's because there is no serious alternative action. Duh - that's why we're back at war! Do try and tune into the news, please!

> Well, the Iraqi exiles find it probably amusing that Bagdad is under bomb
> threat; a city of about 6 million people. I spoke to Kurds who survived
> Saddam's purges, my husband even went into Kurd-controlled Norther Iraq.
> They want Saddam out of power for sure, yet are not really happy with the
> present war plans. Nor with what will come once Saddam is ousted.

Oh, but since you said above that the sanctions and so forth were so horrible, you'd obviously have all that lifted, including the No-Fly Zones, so what you'd have happen to the Kurds, rather than lifting the threat Saddam presents to them, is a re-continuation of the genocide Saddam commits against them.
Or am I making unreasonable speculations on what your policy would have been?
Oh, but you failed to say what we should do. But you did make it obvious what would happen if we followed your thinking, so you really can't weasel around this shit and not justify the consequences of what you advocate..

> Precisely. And many more "peaceniks" as you like to call them,
> have been opposing Saddam's rise and powergames. Why would they be
> irrelevant? As we have been doing with Saudi Arabia, and Israel, for
> already quite a while.

> I don't mind if Wolfowitz is Jewish or not. That's besides the point
> entirely. I do mind he's not very talkative about getting to Saddam after
> Gulf War I.

>You do understand that this imminent war will be judged on a
> number of factors: (a) how the Iraqi civilians will suffer during it, (b)
> whether it will uncover Saddam's stocks of WMD (c) whether Saddam will
> indeed be ousted and (d) whether the Iraqi will finally have the freedom
> to elect the leader they want - since that's the highest goal of a
> democracy.

(b) and (c) are guaranteed. There's no chance he doesn't have illegal weapons, and there's no chance he'll be in power a month from now.

(a) and (d) are uncertain. But as to (a), the recent history of American-led coalition wars shows they fight them justly, so it can be reasonably anticipated that we'll fight this one justly. And as to (d), whatever comes after Saddam, I have NO DOUBT that it'll be better than Saddam.
However, the nature of the government that comes next is the area the governments involved are most prone to break promises. This is the area people need to put the most pressure on our governments over.

OK, I'm almost typed out.

Wait, I do have to respond to the MOAB thing.

> But you seem to be pretty sure that it will be fought justly. I read your
> message where you are full of joy about the Moab. I cannot link that to
> your concern for the Iraqi.

Sorry, I'm glad America has such awesomely superior firepower with incredible advancements in targeting. You see, this means the war will be as quick as possible, and with as few innocent deaths as possible. If such technologies are used with that intention anyway.

So yeah, we have a big, bad Mother Of All Bombs. GOOD! You see, wars are most successful in every aspect when the GOOD GUYS have OVERWHELMINGLY SUPERIOR FIREPOWER. Apparently what you're interested in is a fairer fight for the dictator of Baghdad. You wanna lift the sanctions, let him use all his country's oil wealth to fund horrendous WMD, and then force us to go to war with him some years down the line when Saddam will be quite able to take millions of lives down with him. Sorry, I don't want a fairer fight. I don't wanna, as Tony Blair says, "kick the problem into the tall grass" again, and have to face Saddam when he's stronger.

> Well, that's a very simple statement. Kosovo is not Iraq. Afganistan is
> not Iraq. And even if I agree that the NATO intervention in Kosovo had the
> desired effects, with minimal civilian losses (although there were serious
> mistakes and I hope those responsible have been appropriately punished),
> there is yet no guarantee that the way in which the USA is promoting this
> war (Moab, cruise missiles even nukes!) is able to minimize the civilian
> losses.

Um, there is all the reasons for removing Saddam that we had for removing Milosevic, plus a mountain of more reasons.

> That's a wrong question, of course. I am not responsible for the death of
> Iraqi under Saddam's regime. I'm not responsible for the Chinese who died
> in Tian An Men, I'm not responsible for the Chechens who died under
> Russian fire. You couldd potentially only accuse me of being responsible
> for not trying to find a solution, peaceful or otherwise, in the interest
> of the safety of the Iraqi people - that is, if such a situation would
> indeed apply to me.

You're trying to find a solutuion, are ya? Funny, I don't see any solutions from you in this long post. And yes, you would be responsible for the consequences of Saddam holding on to power if France's agenda had won the day.
Leaving Saddam in Baghdad is a policy. Doing nothing is a policy. Kicking the probken in the tall grass is a policy. And those who push for a policy and see it carried out share the responsibility for the consequences.

> That's again an implication my texts do not convey; there is no benign
> status-quo in Iraq and nowhere did I state that.
> The numbers you quote are also not very "clean": you probably
> include deaths from the Iraq Iran war that cannot be included if we're
> talking about civilian Iraqi.

We're talking about EVERYTHING. We're talking about the consequences on human beings and our world if Saddam were let off the hook.

> The Iraqi population also consider this a moment of truth, but are much
> less elated about it.

Says the self-appointed spokesperson for the Iraqi people who opposes the removal of their dictator.

Re: tick tock tick tock -- time's running out, Saddam

> Your peculiar brand of sociology is a marvel of social science! Just
> because people don't make signs about things, it means they obviously
> don't believe them. Interesting.

What it reveals to me is that what they're about, above all else, is primitive anti-Americanism and a personal hatred for Bush. Why can't I point out what is obvious? There's very little concern for the fate of Iraq amongst those who wanna kick the problem of Saddam into the tall grass.

> I've never made a sign expressing my appreciation of Moz, I must hate his
> guts.

That's silly. We're talking about PEACE MARCHES relating to IRAQ. How dare anyone have a "peace" march over Iraq that don't call for the freedom of the Iraqi people. They didn't even call on Saddam to do the one thing which would have guaranteed no war: Full, Immediate compliance with Resolution 1441.

> That Saddam would hold on to power?

More precisely: the fact that you said "your (referring to me) policy" without actually even questioning the kind of policy I had in mind. The rest of this paragraph is therefore absolutely unnecessary and sheds hardly any light on the matter. If you read my answer well, you could have spared the typing.

>Well, given that he only responds to
> demands with 250,000 troops costing a billion dollars a day on his border,
> and given that he only respnds to the threat of that force if he thinks it
> might actually come and get him, and given that the window for war would
> close in a few weeks and we'd have to wait till next fall, and given that
> FRance has vowed to veto anything remotely relating to an ultimatum or
> call for use of force without even reading it, it seems to me that if
> France had its way it would have been perfectly clear to Saddam that he
> would have home free. It would have been total victory for Saddam. And
> he'd live to terrorize his people for a long while longer, and to threaten
> the world to an increasing degree.

> So you supported regime change and urban warfare in Baghdad in 1991, and
> without UN authorization? And you support that long before it was clear
> that such regime change warfare was the absolute last resort (as it is
> today)?

I believe you can read this in my posts indeed, though partly. I supported a regime change in Bagdad in 1991, with or without force - unspecified: it wouldn't have required the amount of urban warfare troops will probably need now. Whether the UN would have approved or not is a different matter, but hardly of much authority. I keep it open; people adn public opinion were in 1991 much more anti-Saddam than nowadays. If you remember.
In 1991 it was already clear that keeping Saddam in power was at all costs of the civilian population; as it would be clear that embargos have never ousted anyone. Remember Cuba? Remember Serbia? And that keeping him in place was a constant threat to the neighbours, esp. Kuwait, Iran and for ideological reasons also Israel. The inspections weakened Saddam's military power, and the fear for Saddam in the neighbouring countries is now much lower than what it used to be in 1991.
I share the insight with Wolfowitz, if you're interested. Scientists and researchers were already rather convinced in 1979 that Saddam was to be kept from power. The dealings with France, Germany, Russia in the 80s confirmed those initial suspicions. 1991 offered the perfect occasion to do so. Hitler wasn't just pushed back out of France and then left in peace in Germany. If you remember.

> Or you don't?

> Or what are you saying?

> Your type is always so damn vague about what you actually SUPPORT. Why is
> that?

> We probably should've gotten Saddam in 1991. I really don't know. At the
> time, we didn't know what would happen over the next 12 years. It was a
> tough call and would've been a tough sell politically, most especially
> because people like you would march in the streets.

Well, thank you. This is a pointless debate; I have the impression you don't really read what I write or take for granted that you can put me aside with anyone you oppose. And I have the impression you have no good memory of 1991: there were hardly no marches against the 1991 Gulf War. France even sent support and bombed, to cite but one ally of the 1991 coalition.

I won't take the time to answer to the rest of your post, which continues along the same line of puerile generalizations and interpretations + attacks on consequences you imagine that would follow from your interpretations. That's not a way to debate.

> And I have the impression you have no good
> memory of 1991: there were hardly no marches against the 1991 Gulf War.
> France even sent support and bombed, to cite but one ally of the 1991
> coalition.

You're just making shit up now! I do remember 1991. I remember there were many protests. No, they weren't as large as the protests today, that is true.
But in America there was LESS support for the Gulf War than the 71% who currently support this war. And there was vigorous dissent in Congress. And 1991, through "peace" protests, was when the phrase "No Blood For Oil" first caught on so strongly. And quite simply, there was very little public support for the idea of marching into Baghdad when there was still another option on the table.

It's amazing you don't see that the number of people who, today, stand up and say the international coalition was wrong to remove Saddam from Kuwait in 1991 is so small. Indeed, now people are generally saying we should have fought MORE, and without the UN. And it's amazing you don't notice that after the Gulf War we ALREADY GAVE the opportunity for a peaceful means of disarming Saddam and removing his threat through weapons inspections and the UN. And that that was a failure. You've gone into how much pain the IRaqi people have suffered because we decided to leave Saddam in power in 1991.

So how could it be that that's the policy we should continue today, when you yourself say we should have done what we're doing now in 1991?

No doubt if we had followed France, in some years down the line we'd be facing a much more terrifying and costly war, and the consensus then would have been, "Why didn't we do this in 2003?"

> I won't take the time to answer to the rest of your post, which continues
> along the same line of puerile generalizations and interpretations +
> attacks on consequences you imagine that would follow from your
> interpretations. That's not a way to debate.

I understand you don't wanna go on record clearly with what policy you would have us follow, and I understand you don't wanna get into the consequences of leaving Saddam in power. There is simply no logic behind the suggestion that letting Saddam off the hook would promote peace and justice in Iraq.

> You're just making shit up now! I do remember 1991. I remember there were
> many protests. No, they weren't as large as the protests today, that is
> true.

They weren't quite that large. They weren't large at all.

> But in America there was LESS support for the Gulf War than the 71% who
> currently support this war. And there was vigorous dissent in Congress.
> And 1991, through "peace" protests, was when the phrase "No
> Blood For Oil" first caught on so strongly. And quite simply, there
> was very little public support for the idea of marching into Baghdad when
> there was still another option on the table.

That's precisely because no one at that time seriously considered the fate of the Iraqi. And why is that? Why did the international community had to put them under even more pressure during 12 years? 1991 was the perfect occasion to finish Saddam''s regime once and for all. It wasn't done. That was a giant mistake, and the pain and suffering caused during these 12 years are not that easily forgotten by this second attempt to remove Saddam from power.

During all those years when disarming Saddam was the "main problem", it was obvious that no one thought about the Iraqis themselves: disarming Saddam would have brought few, I repeat, very few relief for the Iraqi themselves.

> It's amazing you don't see that the number of people who, today, stand up
> and say the international coalition was wrong to remove Saddam from Kuwait
> in 1991 is so small. Indeed, now people are generally saying we should
> have fought MORE, and without the UN.

For goodness's sake - how dare you ! THis is what I have been saying all throughout my posts. DO you actually have the nerve to rub this under my nose ?

>And it's amazing you don't notice
> that after the Gulf War we ALREADY GAVE the opportunity for a peaceful
> means of disarming Saddam and removing his threat through weapons
> inspections and the UN. And that that was a failure. You've gone into how
> much pain the IRaqi people have suffered because we decided to leave
> Saddam in power in 1991.

Again, you just continue not to read what I write.
I hold the UN and all involved responsible for letting Saddam off the hook for 12 years. I hold the US responsible for not caring to remove Saddam in 1991. The Iraqi suffered before 1991, and the first Gulf War made it much worse. That's a moment in history when Iraqi felt enormously betrayed; and still resent that so few ferm policies were ever taken in their favour.

There is no point of appealing to the UN or trying to find a peaceful way to disarm Saddam. Even if he would have disarmed, the day the inspectors left and the embargo was stopped, he would have begun again. And in what way would that have been a good thing for the Iraqi?

The present war is a poor and ill-managed attempt to ***finally*** do something for the Iraqi. But why wait that long? Why was the removal of Saddam only taken seriously after 9/11? Do I have to tell you there is very bitter resentment towards the international policies amidst all those Iraqi who have lost relatives, friends during 1991 and afterwards. Among those who had to leave, loosing everything and being stuck in foreign, often hostile countries.

It's been much, much too long. And I long to see Iraq liberated, I can't forget what happened to many Iraqi during these endless 12 years. When the world stood by and watched - no, didn't actually watch.

It's not too late, but there is absolutely NO ROOM FOR MISTAKES anymore.

None. So I'm completely against Moab and nuke threats on Bagdad or the Bagdad aera - that is NOT, again NOT in the interest of the Iraqis themselves.

> So how could it be that that's the policy we should continue today, when
> you yourself say we should have done what we're doing now in 1991?

Read above if you still don't understand. I'm tired of having to repeat myself to someone who doesn't seem to be listening.

> No doubt if we had followed France, in some years down the line we'd be
> facing a much more terrifying and costly war, and the consensus then would
> have been, "Why didn't we do this in 2003?"

And that's the ONLY argument you can come up with? A terrifying and coslty war? YOU WOULD HAVE LEFT THE IRAQI ALONE FOR ANOTHER TERRIBLE AND ENDLESS PERIOD OF SUFFERING.

That's the whole point. THat has been the point and the sentiment since 1991. Since 1991. Get it?

> I understand you don't wanna go on record clearly with what policy you
> would have us follow, and I understand you don't wanna get into the
> consequences of leaving Saddam in power. There is simply no logic behind
> the suggestion that letting Saddam off the hook would promote peace and
> justice in Iraq.

Stupid ! Read better and answer once you've read.

Back
Top Bottom