Best Morrissey Song Ever, round 12

Best non-album track 1995-1997

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Johan de Witt

The next round of b-sides, 1995-1997,
perhaps my fave set of b-sides.
7 of the 12 candidates I absolutely adore.
Only 3 can go through, though.

Needless to say, the previous rounds are still open to vote in.
Round 1, Viva Hate
Round 2, Kill Uncle
Round 3, Your Arsenal
Round 4, Vauxhall and I
Round 5, Southpaw Grammar
Round 6, Maladjusted
Round 7, You Are The Quarry
Round 8, Ringleader of the Tormentors
Round 9, Non-album singles
Round 10,non-album tracks 1988-1990
Round 11,non-album tracks 1991-1994

"Nobody Loves Us", not a surprising choice really but it's the best of these. The lines "Born again atheist/practicing trouble-makers/make us our favorite jam". One of the best things he has written in years.

I'm going to need to think about this for a bit...... the three frontrunners for me are Nobody Loves Us, A Swallow on My Neck, and I Can have Both.

is a very harsh song,that you SHould listen to...is not on any albums,is there in a rare tracks compilation of b sides...

my fave I suppose is Nobody loves us but I voted the edges are no longer parallel,cuz my ony mistake is I'm hoping

chetthespian said:
Where did This is Not Your Country appear? It seems its the only song I don't have anywhere...

One of the "Satan Rejected My Soul" B-Sides

I went for "Have-A-Go Merchant" as it's one of his best pop songs ever. The "a-has" are wonderful. A lot of the other options are rather... trite for my taste.

This Is Not Your Country

Got my vote, I'm sure Nobody Loves Us will come out on top. This Is Not Your Country is such a strange, compelling song, one of may fave b-sides.

Re: This Is Not Your Country

Lost and Nobody Loves us are both 5/5 star tracks to me. I voted for Lost only because I had to pick something.

Whatever Happens, I Love You.

It was the first Morrissey song I ever heard. So for both the reasons of sentimental favourite and it being a great song I choose it.

Swallow is a real gem. Short, catchy and witty. On of my favorites from the whole catalogue.

'Lost ' is one of the all time solo greats. It was performed sooo good live too, especially where he namechecks the band as also being lost.
'Nobody Love Us' is perfect up until the end where it just sort of aburptly ends.

Lost, just because of that heartbreaking ending: "So if I see you/and I tell you/how I've watched you/don't make fun of me later/'cause I'm just lost". One of Morrissey's greatest moments. Apart from that ending the song is nothing special, though.

I voted for swallow, because its such a simple song but perfectly crafted. much like Sunny. Also ofcourse Nobody loves us is brilliant especially when put next to Daganham Dave

Back
Top Bottom