Best morrisey/smiths CD?

B

Balki

Um, i just recently heard about morrisey and the smiths.and i love them witch CD would you suggest for me?i have no idea which one tto get.

> Um, i just recently heard about morrisey and the smiths.and i
> love them witch CD would you suggest for me?i have no idea which
> one tto get.
I spite of what others might say .As far as the Smiths , the recent "very best of" is a fine musical intrduction to the Band. Just dont look at the cover while you play it ! Then one should move on through " The Queen is dead' ,Meat is Murder" etc.

Re: queen is dead

I agree, start with Best of as a general introduction, then it's got to be either Queen is Dead or Strangeways... - can never decide between the two.
Next purchase: Vauxhall and I by the Moz.

Personally I'd start with "Singles". I know 'the very best of' has a few more songs, but I like how "Singles" is arranged chronologically - the way the songs were meant to be heard - and I think the songs will sit in better context this way. That being said, there are no bad albums in the Smiths cannon - my first album was "Rank" - a live album, and I got hooked through that.

How about morrissey's Southpaw Grammar cd?? it's simply delish.I dig the tracks dagenham dave and teachers are afraid.I suggest you go there to your local record store and buy it now.

Re: My Very Extremely Early Buglary Years

good call,tonz of B-sidez on that disc.I like Bona drag and Your arsenal too,although it is a live cd,i suggest it still so you can enjoy the whole mozzer concert experience as well. Also think viva hate is simply smashing.

Re: My Very Extremely Early Buglary Years

"Me Early Buggery Years" is more like it!

Strangeways and Vauxhall..

These r the 2 gems.. I want to introduce a cousin of mine to Morrissey/Marr. I'll turn him onto this 2. Hope this helps.

Meat Is Murder and Vauxhall.. but the magic is that these choices change..

Back
Top Bottom