Ask/panic with label missing?

Ask 7" with label missing?

I just bougt a copy of the Ask 7" with the b-side (cemetary gates) label missing as if it were never glued on to the record. It is a purple label with cat. no. RT194. The guy that sold it to me told me that it was a mistake from the pressing plant and when they found out it was too late to take it back so a few copies slipped away. Does anyone know if this is true and if its rare?

Last edited:
Hi. I don't know if it is rare but you can be sure people on here will be delighted to tell you if it isn't.
They seem to enjoy dishing out disappointment. And usually they are wrong when you know the full facts.
Good luck.

Hi. I don't know if it is rare but you can be sure people on here will be delighted to tell you if it isn't.
They seem to enjoy dishing out disappointment. And usually they are wrong when you know the full facts.
Good luck.

You are wrong but here is a very easy solution: keep out of this site.
Cheers Moz

Re: Ask 7" with label missing?

I just bougt a copy of the Ask 7" with the b-side (cemetary gates) label missing as if it were never glued on to the record. It is a purple label with cat. no. RT194. The guy that sold it to me told me that it was a mistake from the pressing plant and when they found out it was too late to take it back so a few copies slipped away. Does anyone know if this is true and if its rare?

Things like this, wrong label on the wrong side of the reord or no label at all etc are very common and the variations of mispressings like these seem endless. Traditionally these mistakes do not fetch a lot of money and aren't really sought after by collectors. I know some people might be interested in these hick-ups but don't expect a fortune for it.

Hope this helps:)

Re: Ask 7" with label missing?

Robert sounds very bitter but the truth is these mispresses are not worth a premium over regular ones. Some completist Smiths fan may pay slightly over book for this but in general, they are not that sought after. FACT.

Back
Top Bottom