Star & Garter This Friday 1st March

This thread is fantastic.

I am, that's why i have to be a bit more particular about who i dabble with ;) Once i'm extinct from the S & G, all that will be left are young pretenders who think the Karma Sutra is a medium strength curry from Bengal.

Well then, I'm sure it will be a really sad day for all the girls in S&G when you become 'extinct' from there.

Last edited:
All he needs to do now is start pulling on your hair by the slide and possibly kick some sand in your eyes and then you DEFINITELY know he fancies you.

Well then, I'm sure it will be a really sad day for all the girls in S&G when you become 'extinct' from there.

It will be hun. I've heard they have the engraved plaque ready to mount on the pool table in my memory. Looks like you'll just have to kiss that instead. No tongues though, they'll be cleaning it with Brasso you know ;)

I've been told to take Deano and Ben's side, so... erm

Yorkshire is rubbish and smells.

I think that keeps the mature nature of this discussion intact.

This is a quote from the below website: -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bradford/student_guide/huddersfield_interesting_facts_adam_clarke.shtml

"Huddersfield Station has been described as 'the finest facade of any such building in the country' (John Betjeman), 'a stately home with trains in it' and The Guardian once dubbed Huddersfield the Athens of the North''....

I'm sorry, no offence intended, but that made me chuckle :D You're right Steph, Ben is from York. Due to Shed Seven originating from there though, i class it as an excellent city. York is a mighty fine place that also can be proud of the fact that the National Railway Museum is there. Having the best looking train station, you must admit, comes a poor second honey :p x

Manchester LA LA LA!

Last edited:
Yes, Huddersfield train station is beaautifful (better than any of Manchester's!:p ). It fills me with pride everytime the train pulls in to Hudds, you see the beautiful station facade, the statue of Harold Wilson and The George Hotel, where Rugby League was created. I never slagged York or Manchester off...I think York is a lovely city and I love Manchester too, thats why I live here!:rolleyes:
Yet I am very proud of my town and my county, you ever been to Huddersfield, it's worth the 40 mins on the train! My friend Andy said it looks like something out of a Hovis advert! For a town, it has alot going for it!

Btw: Thanks for the link, I just learnt alot more interesting facts about Huddersfield!

Last edited:
We gave the world Shed Seven and Judi Dench. Bow before us.

We gave the world Harold Wilson, James Mason, Gordon Kaye (of 'allo 'allo fame!), Patrick Stewart (well near enough and he is a town fan),Simon Armitage, Rugby League and two popular television programmes, and we're only a town!

But I don't think the measure of how good a place is, is who comes from there!

Famous York City fans - Jon Champion. That's it.

And gun crime.

A couple of bad things about Huddersfield -

The chippys still make chips in lard.
Pubs still serve dripping butties at darts / quiz nights
It's on the wrong side of t' Pennines

Good things about Huddersfield -
The Cadbury's Smash adverts in the 70's
Frank Worthington
2007 is the twentieth anniversary of Manchester City beating Huddersfield Town 10-1.
All together now
Rememem, rememberember, rememem, remberember, rememem, remberember when, when, City scored TEN!
I was there that day, stood on The Kippax. And it is frightening to think it was 20 years ago!!!! :eek:

Jukebox Jury

Back
Top Bottom