What earphones do you use on your iPods??

I have been amazed at the sound of Phillips earbuds. They are much better than Sony or Koss, and Koss were terrible, Sony only adequate. I had purchased a set of Phillips small earbuds and they were great, and after lots of rough use, keeping my mp3 player in my front pocket, I needed a new set. This time Target was out of the $21 set I wanted so I got the $14 style that wrap around your ears like reading glasses, and they are even better. So far I've had them about 6 months, so they're a great value, but that wouldn't be the biggest issue. I need good sound and these sound great!

I think the apple ones that come with your ipod are quite good, did you're ipod not come with any?

I've been through a few sets. I agree that the Sony ones weren't very good, so eventually I broke down and got a replacement set of Apple ones (found them cheaper on line, but they're not cheap). To me, nothing equals the sound. I did have to become more disciplined about keeping them in the case when not in use because the original set got trashed in about six months. Soon it won't matter because I'll be deaf and those $1.98 ones will be good enough.

Has anyone tried a non-iPod mp3 player? How do they compare??

mine is a creative zen (i call it ipod too though..) and its perfect, i have it for a little more than a year now and even though i had heard problems about creatives mp3 players mine still works fine. its headphones are great too. when i bought it there were no ipod nano and the ipod mini 4gb was same price as zen 5gb so it was an easy (sort of) decision, plus if something happens to the ipods battery you can't replace it while zens battery is detachable. i think ipods and zens are the two top mp3 players, i've heard bad things about the sony ones and i've never heard any mention at all for the rest.

i've also heard that the sennheiser headphones are very good.

mine is a creative zen (i call it ipod too though..) and its perfect, i have it for a little more than a year now and even though i had heard problems about creatives mp3 players mine still works fine. its headphones are great too. when i bought it there were no ipod nano and the ipod mini 4gb was same price as zen 5gb so it was an easy (sort of) decision, plus if something happens to the ipods battery you can't replace it while zens battery is detachable. i think ipods and zens are the two top mp3 players, i've heard bad things about the sony ones and i've never heard any mention at all for the rest.

i've also heard that the sennheiser headphones are very good.

calling a zen and ipod?!?! are you mad woman?

Hi Andy,

My apple ones are very very good dear - Sennheiser make fantastic headphones but that may be a bit ott for an 'ipod' or similar (they make expensive headphones for DJs and I should know as I am married to one!) although I'm sure they do smaller bud style ones... Oh I don't know why I even replied to this, ask me about fashion dear, I'll stick to what I know!!

at least i'm not afraid to buy one like, erm, you? :p

yeah, those ipods! taking over the world...i see what they're doing...i see

I don't have an iPod. that rechargable battery thing sounds like a hassle, and the apple music store is of the devil. Wouldn't buy sony again, but that's what I play my mp3's on. After Sony was caught putting spyware on consumer cd's I would never buy another product from them. I'm sure I will eventually bankrupt them. :rolleyes:

Sony mp3 player by the way, was very difficult to load, but they did come out with a streamlined mp3 manager. It won't play tunes formatted for ipod though. Don't buy it.

Don't buy anything by Sony. THey've given us all the perfect excuse to download their products, when they did the hidden software thing.

Some Phillips-stuff. Costed me 10EUR, cheap ànd quality.

I know it sounds daft, but I gotta get a new set, and I want GOOD ones!!

Senheisser MX500's if you want standard ear buds.
Senheisser CX300's if you want the ones that bung your ear canal.
Senheisser PX100's if you want over the head folding headphones.

I like Senheisser products. All of the above are within the £20 barrier if you shop around online. All are much better than the freebies that come with Ipods/Mp3 players.

Senheisser MX500's if you want standard ear buds.
Senheisser CX300's if you want the ones that bung your ear canal.
Senheisser PX100's if you want over the head folding headphones.

I like Senheisser products. All of the above are within the £20 barrier if you shop around online. All are much better than the freebies that come with Ipods/Mp3 players.

Good lord Cutestory - a serious reply? Thats not like you... are you ill dear?!
I'm quite concerned, I hope you will be back to your normal self very soon!:D

Music is my main passion, the equipment it's played is another. I recently bought a Denon DM35 stereo..... it's spectacular.

Would it make you more confortable if I claimed to have been best man at Mike Joyce's wedding?

do you know if these make the battery drain faster? i think i read on creative's website that if you want to use headphones other than the ones the player came with it might have that effect on the battery. are they saying that to scare us? :rolleyes:

do you know if these make the battery drain faster? i think i read on creative's website that if you want to use headphones other than the ones the player came with it might have that effect on the battery. are they saying that to scare us? :rolleyes:

Indeed they are. That is complete bollocks.

The output of the player is standard, matter what you put it through. The only possible change would be if you had to turn the player up louder on the new headphones than the old ones, but to be honest this is a)very unlikely and b)not going to make that much difference anyway.

Back
Top Bottom