Suedes, 'Head Music' release date..

J

JS

According to a link from, 'Billboard' the release date is May 25th. Can any1 confirm?

> According to a link from, 'Billboard' the release date is May¿ 25th. Can any1 confirm?

yes, the US release is on may 25

but the UK release on monday (may 3) woo hoo!

Re: Suede - 'Head Music' - review?

> According to a link from, 'Billboard' the release date is May¿ 25th. Can any1 confirm?

Does anyone REALLY care when it is out? Suede have (unfortunatley) really lost it! What is the point in buying the new album? - It would only confirm our suspicions....

> Does anyone REALLY care when it is out? Suede have¿ (unfortunatley) really lost it! What is the point in buying the¿ new album? - It would only confirm our suspicions....

I don't believe that we share any'suspicions', Issy.
I still quite like Suede. Yes, they have evolved and so has my reason for liking them.
Has anyone picked up 'Electricity' yet?

> I don't believe that we share any'suspicions', Issy.¿ I still quite like Suede. Yes, they have evolved and so has my¿ reason for liking them.¿ Has anyone picked up 'Electricity' yet?

"Head Music" is released...
at least here in sweden...
and by the way...are there any swedish moz-fans out there?

några svenska morrissey-älskare...?

> "Head Music" is released...¿ at least here in sweden...¿ and by the way...are there any swedish moz-fans out there?¿ några svenska morrissey-älskare...?

Ja det finns det. Jag är svensk och medlem i Unlovable Boxers. Är du också det? Jag tror jag har sett en Martin på medlemslistan.

so many illustrations

> I don't believe that we share any'suspicions', Issy.¿ I still quite like Suede. Yes, they have evolved and so has my¿ reason for liking them.¿ Has anyone picked up 'Electricity' yet?
Yes. i have both parts 1&2 of Electricity. Great songs expcept for Waterloo cause Neil sings on it. I should be getting the import album in the mail soon. Can't wait. Sure Suede are not as great as the first two albums, but they are still my favorites by far. A band with so much style cannot be ignored.

Re: Suede - 'Head Music' - good enough?

I'm sorry for offending you all...but have you listened to songs like "sleeping pills"...how can you compare the first 2 albums, and even the third with what they are producing now? i was a big suede fan and thought that they were more than wonderful when i saw them in Birmingham a few years ago...but they just don't have the magic anymore that they once possessed...they are good now, but it's likable good not lovingly good! (?)

> I'm sorry for offending you all...but have you listened to songs¿ like "sleeping pills"...how can you compare the first¿ 2 albums, and even the third with what they are producing now? i¿ was a big suede fan and thought that they were more than¿ wonderful when i saw them in Birmingham a few years ago...but¿ they just don't have the magic anymore that they once¿ possessed...they are good now, but it's likable good not¿ lovingly good! (?)

Well, make sure you don't actually LISTEN to the new CD before passing judgement, okay?

That'd just obscure your agenda.

Cliche' busta

> Well, make sure you don't actually LISTEN to the new CD before¿ passing judgement, okay?¿ That'd just obscure your agenda.

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhh! i actually said (didn't i? - maybe not)...judging by the recent single, suede have totally lost their magic...otherwise how else could i comment? That would be silly!

> I have to disagree-having "discovered'Suede in the last couple of years (be nice-i live in Austin, TX and its hard hard hard to find decent British imports without tapping into a couple af arteries), they haven't lost anything-they are just stretching their muscles after the Butler/Oakes transition. if you take "Dog Man Star" and "Coming Up" they are just different albums, and not just stylistically. DMS was an album, much in the vein of Dark Side O' the Moon, while CU was a collection of singles. Just imagine if the Smiths had continued without Johnny Marr...sure the album released following Marr's departure wold be 'shaky' at best, and certainly "Kill Uncle" was NOT Moz's best CD...but then Artist's, like everyone else, is entitled to a few transtional periods now and then. One final note: Coming Up increased Suede's exposure in the US market. 'Nuff said ya'll...By the way, whats the best way to get tickets to the v99 festival this August?

If Electricity turned you off, Head Music will turn you on.

Well, I've played it twice and am utterly thrilled. I'm afraid it isn't of Dog Man Star's width or pomposity, but a lot of that goes down to Butler, and Oaks isn't Butler. I bless Neil Codling. It's head and shoulders above Coming Up. There's a definite groove to the whole thing, more mellow and subtle than Electricity hinted at. Infact, Electricity seems to have positively sucked all the albums twisted guitars away. She's In Fahion, the next single is killer, without being a Suede compress. Everything Will Flow, Down and He's Gone are the three big midnight numbers, I'll be having them on last number recall until the phones cut off. It's all but free of drug references, like Brett holidayed with Betty Ford, apart from Savoir Faire, which mentions every Suede cliche; she, crack, f***ing machine, show life, yeah yeah. He must have slipped out on a weekend pass for that.

If Electricity turned you off, Head Music will turn you on. It would have been an injustice to have judged Dog Man Star by We Are The Pigs, the lead single from that album.

Not buying it will be as dramatic as buying it. So please, take the path of least resistance. It will be on your shelves soon.

Marrs.

Twelve Notes

Back
Top Bottom