what label will moz end up on?

D

david edge

is anyone else kind of worried that moz isnt going to get another deal, what with malajusted only selling 85,000 inn the us? a friend of mine told me that on mtv today moz was mentioned among a bunch of bands who are being dropped by there labels because of low sales...i wonder why he isnt on reprise because he is very close with reprise boss howie klein...it seems like klein could give him the backing that moz needs...anyone have an opinion on this?

In the wider scale of things I don't think having Morrissey on your label is about making money. In the past he's bought prestige to otherwise less credible record companies. It's been about image and the acts that may flock towards it. Wouldn't it make you smile to share labels with his masters voice ? Only his negotiating stance on that level has changed. If money is an issue, which sadly it maybe, then I can only think of greed. Last year he was amongst the 20 highest earners in entertainment in the UK, probably thanks to the delicious taste of The Smiths back catologue. I haven't used mouth was since.

Marrs.¿ is anyone else kind of worried that moz isnt going to get¿ another deal, what with malajusted only selling 85,000 inn the¿ us? a friend of mine told me that on mtv today moz was mentioned¿ among a bunch of bands who are being dropped by there labels¿ because of low sales...i wonder why he isnt on reprise because¿ he is very close with reprise boss howie klein...it seems like¿ klein could give him the backing that moz needs...anyone have an¿ opinion on this?

A Vile Two Fingered Gesture

¿ Last year he was amongst the 20 highest earners in entertainment¿ in the UK,
---------
If you have a link to where you read this, I'd love to see it.

Colin, sorry but I read it in a paper at the death of the year. Marrs.¿ If you have a link to where you read this, I'd love to see it.

twelve notes

morrissey stinks

When someone consistently does poorly at the job they are paid to do, they get fired. When you have a bad waiter, you don't tip him.
Morrissey makes bad records, so Morrissey doesn't deserve to label.

And anyway, why would you sit around worrying about the man? He doesn't care what happens to YOU.¿ is anyone else kind of worried that moz isnt going to get¿ another deal, what with malajusted only selling 85,000 inn the¿ us? a friend of mine told me that on mtv today moz was mentioned¿ among a bunch of bands who are being dropped by there labels¿ because of low sales...i wonder why he isnt on reprise because¿ he is very close with reprise boss howie klein...it seems like¿ klein could give him the backing that moz needs...anyone have an¿ opinion on this?

RAMMSTEIN RULES!

Re: morrissey stinks

¿ Morrissey makes bad records, so Morrissey doesn't deserve to¿ label.¿ And anyway, why would you sit around worrying about the man?
--------
Let's ignore the curious syntax of "doesn't deserve to label" for the moment. Morrissey doesn't make bad records - he makes unpopular records. There's a massive difference there.

The reason we care about Moz is because we feel that, in some way, we actually know him. Moz has some general feeling for his fans, but obviously can't return that same kind of attention to 80,000 folks in this country.

your post stinks

>When someone consistently does poorly at the job they are paid¿to do, they get fired. When you have a bad waiter, you don't tip¿him. Morrissey makes bad records, so Morrissey doesn't deserve to¿label.And anyway, why would you sit around worrying about the man? >He doesn't care what happens to YOU.

What the blankety blank are you doing on Morrissey-solo if you don't just adore the man? I am curious - just who is your favorite performer? We would love to visit your site and trash your hero, but we have better manners than you do.

Re: morrissey stinks

> When someone consistently does poorly at the job they are paid¿ to do, they get fired. When you have a bad waiter, you don't tip¿ him.¿ Morrissey makes bad records, so Morrissey doesn't deserve to¿ label.¿ And anyway, why would you sit around worrying about the man? He¿ doesn't care what happens to YOU.

You've convinced me. I'll be selling all my Morrissey records tomorrow. Happy?

Back
Top Bottom