What is Marr doing nowadays..??

R

Ruffian

..except to hawk his undoubted talents to become yet another session performer.. (as in evidence with Neil Finn, as his low key appearance on 'Later With Jools Holland' illustrated).. I find his whole career a frustrating enigma.. a promising and a respcted experimental collaberation with Bernard Sumner, some fannying around with 'the The'.. some bit part interviews on TV (on the back of his Smiths work) and then the Healers (ponderous two gig wonders whatever), and then continuing rock B-List obscurity...

Why can't some people accept and embrace their past and the work they have done in the past with some pride... Even Morrissey will bash out 'Half a Person' on occassion..

Marr... Please do Something.. Fill the void left by Morrissey.. but do something relevant.. Your credibility will always remain, but prove you haven't lost it..

Beth Orton

I think that Johnny's contribution to the forthcoming Beth Orton album will slake your thirst for new "relevant" Marr material. It's an amazing collaboration. They sang 4 songs together at a show in London in January. I can hardly wait for the new album. Beth will be working on it this summer, so I'm hoping for a winter release.

> but do something relevant.. Your credibility will always remain,
> but prove you haven't lost it..

Marr Appears with Orton

Re: Beth Orton

> I think that Johnny's contribution to the forthcoming Beth Orton
> album will slake your thirst for new "relevant" Marr
> material. It's an amazing collaboration. They sang 4 songs
> together at a show in London in January. I can hardly wait for
> the new album. Beth will be working on it this summer, so I'm
> hoping for a winter release.

Hi BlueGirl.. What a great piece of news.. thanks a lot for this 'snippet'.. I am a huge Beth Orton fan (I quite like her actually in a 'I wouldn't mind getting to know you kind of way' as well as te music of course) Anyway, I didn't realise a collaberation was in the offing.. excellent..

Back
Top Bottom