The Smiths Encore?

Twice?! I've forgot about that, I remembered hearing some gigs playing a track twice

Has Morrissey played the same track twice yet?

Encore encore

Yes, I was at the Point in Dublin on the last night of the 2004 tour when Morrissey played There Is A Light That Never Goes Out TWICE. I think it was a spontaneous decision on his part; there was a lot of speculation at the time that this would be his FINAL gig. Moz made some mention of this being the end of the journey and such.

The Smiths Indeed said:
Yes, I was at the Point in Dublin on the last night of the 2004 tour when Morrissey played There Is A Light That Never Goes Out TWICE.

Yeah, he did the same thing at one of the Wiltern dates at the start of the Quarry tour - he played There Is a Light during the regular set, then played it again at the encore. A bit odd. As I recall, during the first time he played it, some people with cameras came onstage to film it - maybe he was considering a live video for it or something. I don't think that footage has surfaced anyplace yet.

love
math+

they played There Is A LIght for the single (For Live at Earl's Court release). the sound crew was there so to be cost effective, they played it twice the same night--to get multiple takes.

The sound crews are pretty novice if I must say, I spoke to one of them back at Glasgow Academy and he like if he didn't know what he was doing properly

Back
Top Bottom