single people unite

Re: It's All True. I'm Bouncing Up and Down on My wheelchair Right Now with a Dildo Underneath

LOL!!!!!YOU'RE JUST NOT SO f***ING FUNNY OMG LOL!!!!!

Re: That's Why..

LOL!!!!!YOU'RE JUST SO NOT f***ING FUNNY OMG LOL!!!!!

> I'm a single female (in my late 20s, ok early 30's) who has been depressed
> forever with many many failed, so-called relationships. Of course
> Morrissey has been a HUGH and MAJOR form of relief (as far as not feeling
> so alone living my absurd lifestyle). Thing is, its a bit annoying to feel
> this way and then go to a Morrissey show only to see loads of couples,
> singing along to "... and you leave on your own and..." (you
> know the rest). I've actually felt that way for 15 years and when I sing
> it - christ, i mean it. Im not saying they've NEVER felt this. Nor am I
> saying I have any more right to be a fan. I guess it's just such a kick in
> the gut to be presently going thru that pain and anger and then witness
> people walking hand in hand from a Morrissey show of all places..... a
> Celline show makes more sense.

> I'll shut up before I get myself in trouble by the lovebirds on this board
> (just kidding). I really just want to know if there's ANYONE who can
> relate???

I understand completely. Couples are just another, albeit minor, reason for me to avoid live performances. To be sure, there are a few artists whom I would enjoy seeing (Moz being one.) But, for me, music is fundamentally a solitary activity (then again, being a semi-recluse, what is'nt?) It is something to be enjoyed wistfully or with a few precious memories; nursing a glass (or bottle!) of burgundy. The kind of music I prefer does not recommend itself as a spectacle anyway --in this regard I am reminded of the conclusion of a Pitchfork review of Loren Connors' "The Departing of a Dream Vol. 1" (Vol. 3 is MUCH better!) ["And that's important to note. This album comes from and is geared toward solitude more than any album in recent memory; it almost seems obscene that this might be listened to by more than one person at a time. An album so completely gripped by a crushing sense of loneliness should probably carry some kind of warning label, to turn away people who actually socialize."]
I recognize that I miss out on the whole communal experience, embroiling oneself in the crowd and all of that...but really, I could not care less. If such were of value to me I would prefer singing hymns in church to the pagen dynamism of concerts.

Oh, and, at 31 I have been single for a decade. Surely more than many on this board combined.

P.S. Library couples are the worst. You may avert your eyes or attend to your reading but you can still HEAR them.

-Codreanu (Who, at the moment, feels a little like Holderlin in his tower.)

> Oh, and, at 31 I have been single for a decade. Surely more than many on
> this board combined.
> -Codreanu (Who, at the moment, feels a little like Holderlin in his
> tower.)

A decade, yow. I feel your pain. It's been just shy of 3 years now for me... and the worst part is, i already know what it's like to have a completely wonderful and all-encompassing relationship that went on for over 7 years. Now, in my early 30s, with almost 3 years of solitude under my belt... it gets pretty damn rough :-/ But, 3 years does not a decade make, so my hat is off (and heart is out) to you.

Life really can be cruel at times. But there's certainly enough interesting things in life that one can enjoy without an SO that life at least remains worth living and experiencing.

J.T.

> A decade, yow. I feel your pain. It's been just shy of 3 years now for
> me... and the worst part is, i already know what it's like to have a
> completely wonderful and all-encompassing relationship that went on for
> over 7 years. Now, in my early 30s, with almost 3 years of solitude under
> my belt... it gets pretty damn rough :-/ But, 3 years does not a decade
> make, so my hat is off (and heart is out) to you.

damn. yeah, they weren't kidding when they said that it becomes harder the older you get....at this point, the people who are dating easily jump from one relationship to another while the people who aren't are standing around and scratching their head and going "huh?"

i still maintain that the men have it easier in finding somebody. all they have to do is clean themselves up and find a decent job...or..no, wait a minute. all they have to do is convince the woman that she's joining the winning team at the ground level, and any minute now, this puppy is just going to take off and all she has to do is stick with him because he's going to be an astrophysicist one day. it might take some lying and sure, 9 times out of 10 she'll get sick of it and move on, but there is no excuse for not getting a little action in the meantime.

how sad are we...

So, so true...but what are you going to do? can't blame other people for being happy because you aren't...
Despite a few relationships that all lasted around a year, I feel permanently single. And it's getting harder and harder to deal with.
Providing my own income, having to make all decisions on my own etc.
Seeing just about *everyone* around me getting married and having children.

So, I took to the cliché of having an affair with a married colleague.

I'm telling you, it isn't easy!

Re: It's All True. I'm Bouncing Up and Down on My bed right now with Grim's MUM Underneath

LOL!!!!! THAT WAS JUST SO f***ING FUNNY OMG LOL!!!!!

Re: how sad are we...

> So, so true...but what are you going to do? can't blame other people for
> being happy because you aren't...
> Despite a few relationships that all lasted around a year, I feel
> permanently single. And it's getting harder and harder to deal with.
> Providing my own income, having to make all decisions on my own etc.
> Seeing just about *everyone* around me getting married and having
> children.

actually, i dont mind providing my own income, etc, although sometimes i won't mind if there is someone around to take turns and wait if the plumber needs to come out! Otherwise, i strongly suspect that i was never built for dating. I've generally have the view that boys tend to ruin things, so maybe that's not the most positive attitude to have when someone asks you out. suddenly, i get this flash to about 3 years down the road where i've given up everything, and he's being an asshole despite the fact that i'm picking up his socks while he plays with his Playstation and then i end up saying 'no'.

> So, I took to the cliché of having an affair with a married colleague.

oh wow...that's hard core. that sounds dangerous. i'm not quite to that point yet because i still like to pretend that people get married to a person because they actually mean to be faithful to them....however, i understand that i'm a very naive person.

> A decade, yow. I feel your pain. It's been just shy of 3 years now for
> me... and the worst part is, i already know what it's like to have a
> completely wonderful and all-encompassing relationship that went on for
> over 7 years. Now, in my early 30s, with almost 3 years of solitude under
> my belt... it gets pretty damn rough :-/ But, 3 years does not a decade
> make, so my hat is off (and heart is out) to you.

> Life really can be cruel at times. But there's certainly enough
> interesting things in life that one can enjoy without an SO that life at
> least remains worth living and experiencing.

> J.T.

I know the feeling only too well ,i'm not gonna get into it with to many details but i know what you mean.

i bought one ticket for the morrissey show. ONE. that pretty much says it all, doesn't it? the last time i was kissed it was in a dream. sigh.

Re: how sad are we...

> can't blame other people for
> being happy because you aren't...

True, but as you said, it still isn't easy.
Friends tell me all the time that I'll find someone, when in my mind I now truly believe it's just NOT gonna happen someday. And that's a horrible realization. I do know being with someone doesn't change everything for the better. But it would definitely help. It's boring being alone. I'm so bored ALL the time. But when I do go out, I get even more depressed because people hand in hand are everywhere and it's just a constant reminder of why I feel shitty in the first place.

I've found that now I'm just jealous of happy people... period. Of course, being crazy with depression, anxiety and ADD, well it's not so easy to meet people either. Loneliness quickly becomes a vicious cycle. Can't stand being alone, but can't stand being around others either. So I just stay home and listen to Morrissey agree with me.

> So, I took to the cliché of having an affair with a married colleague.

I personally don't blame you for having an affair. I've been guilty of some things like that myself. Loneliness, when overwhelming enough, will control your mind when making decisions. THE DEVIL WILL FIND THINGS FOR IDLE HANDS TO DO. Remember though this person is the one who is married. Chances are, if they weren't with you, they'd be with someone else.
Which leads me to mention that that's another thing about people in relationships that drives me mad. Ok, they may not be happy. And I've known a lot of people who when they aren't and they do leave... they whine about being alone for the 3 days that they're single UNTIL meeting someone else. Which only proves to me that being alone is not something that most humans can deal with, be it 3 days or 30 years. OR, they stay in a bad relationship only to cheat. AND sometimes they have a great relationship and they cheat cause they're just greedy!!!

I could go on and on, but I'm giving myself a headache.

> i bought one ticket for the morrissey show. ONE. that pretty much says it
> all, doesn't it? the last time i was kissed it was in a dream. sigh.

i do that all the time. usually, i can't find people who are interested in going to that show anyway.... one of the last guys i halfway dated (i don't know what you would call it because i think of them all as 'just friends' and i never ask them for a further definition) always wanted things his way. we were always going to see the bands and movies that he wanted to see. one day, i put my foot down and suggested something else. we went, but he whined all the way back to the car afterwards that he missed the band that HE wanted to see for that....a local band that he had seen numerous times.

Re: sad twat

Thats what i said after i saw your mum's fatty

read that again & then go write it out 1000 times correctly, you ignoramus

> Thats what i said after i saw your mum's fatty

Read mine again and write it 2,000 times fatso.

LOL!!!!! THAT WAS JUST SO f***ING FUNNY OMG LOL!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom