Satan/Roy's Keen b-sides & boots

M

Maradona

Mozza's show at Glasgow has really re-kindled my love for him, so I've been busy picking up a few singles I missed out on in the mid 90's (Dagenham, Sunny, Alma). Got them on ebay, pretty cheap.

However, the Satan Rejected My Soul Cd and the Roy's Keen CD seem to be comparitively expensive. Are the b-sides any good? From the top of my head the tracks are "Lost", "The Edges are no longer parallel", "I ama Was" and "This is niot your Country". My question: are they worth picking up at any price?

While I'm at ait, could anyone point me in the direction of an online Moz bootleg resource. I'm also a big Springsteen collector (don't laugh) and there are tons of sites devoted to Bruce bootlegs. The last Moz bootleg I bought was Digital Excitation way back in 1992 I think.

Cheers,

David

"Lost" is superb.
Also I have a fondness for "Now I am a Was".
And indeed, "The Edges" and "This is not your Country" in all its 7 minute glory.
But I am in the minority on the last one.
If I was you, I'd buy the lot

> "Lost" is superb.
> Also I have a fondness for "Now I am a Was".
> And indeed, "The Edges" and "This is not your Country"
> in all its 7 minute glory.
> But I am in the minority on the last one.
> If I was you, I'd buy the lot

I concur with WH. Lost and The Edges Are No Longer Parallel are absolutely essential pieces of his solo discography. This Is Not Your Country has some scathing lyrics, a passionate vocal, and a very interesting arrangement.

Be sure to check out the Passions Just Like Mine web page (found on the Morrissey-solo Links page) for lots of good bootleg information.

Happy hunting,

Jamie

> Mozza's show at Glasgow has really re-kindled my love for him, so I've
> been busy picking up a few singles I missed out on in the mid 90's
> (Dagenham, Sunny, Alma). Got them on ebay, pretty cheap.

> However, the Satan Rejected My Soul Cd and the Roy's Keen CD seem to be
> comparitively expensive. Are the b-sides any good? From the top of my head
> the tracks are "Lost", "The Edges are no longer
> parallel", "I ama Was" and "This is niot your
> Country". My question: are they worth picking up at any price?

> While I'm at ait, could anyone point me in the direction of an online Moz
> bootleg resource. I'm also a big Springsteen collector (don't laugh) and
> there are tons of sites devoted to Bruce bootlegs. The last Moz bootleg I
> bought was Digital Excitation way back in 1992 I think.

> Cheers,

> David

I'm not sure what prices you are being quoted for "Satan" and "Roy's Keen" David but the singles are worth picking up for the B-Sides.

Although the 2 A-Sides could quite easily be the worst singles Moz has released all of the extra tracks from the "Maladjusted" sessions were top notch.

I'm a little fummoxed by the pole on the fron page which has the Quarry sessions in the lead in the best B-Side debate.

What you could do is buy the Japanese only release called "Lost Tracks" which is a really nice compilation of the "Maladjusted" tracks.

It features :-

1.Lost
2.Heir Apparent
3.The Edges Are No Longer Parallel
4.This Is Not Your Country
5.Now I am I was
6.I Can Have Both.

Lovely cover pic by Rankin and lyric sheet in both English and Japanese.

Back
Top Bottom