Oscar Wilde.

K

Katie Coathanger

Has anyone read The Picture of Dorian Gray? read it. It's an obsessively great book. Morrissey's mum knows where it's at if she made him read Oscar Wilde as a kid. My mum made me read the Selfish Giant.

> Has anyone read The Picture of Dorian Gray? read it. It's an obsessively
> great book. Morrissey's mum knows where it's at if she made him read Oscar
> Wilde as a kid. My mum made me read the Selfish Giant.

your mum is a selfish giant?

> your mum is a selfish giant?

Hahaha! a gynaecological nurse actually.

I found this old tome that had everything oscar wilde had ever written in an old book store and it was the most amazing thing. he had this gift for dialog and anyone who can write a story that can break my heart in six pages is just beyond anything. that and de profundus is one of the most scathing things i've ever read, poetry haunting and beautiful, prose devastating and insightful. for the centenial of his death i few years ago the university of wisconsin held a week long symposiom and the keynote speaker for the main lecture was merlin holland his grandson( he did bear a bit of a resemblence especially in build) they were releasing a volume of all the letters o. wilde had written that have survived (i've got a signed copy). it was hilarious the blue and purple haired black girl in all in black all alone in a hall full of the pretentious and stuffy people who loved this man's work as much as if not more than any of them.

> I found this old tome that had everything oscar wilde had ever written in

Funnily enough I saw Oscar wilde just yesterday in Madame Tussauds..! Here's one for the fans..
Ruffian

pic222281.jpg

> Funnily enough I saw Oscar wilde just yesterday in Madame Tussauds..!
> Here's one for the fans..
> Ruffian

No, that is Jonathan Ross!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom