My download of ROTT is excellent quality, sounds like a promo rather than the Amazon stream...

F

freeyourself®

I've read quite a few posts that suggest the quality of the Amazon stream of ROTT, and therefore the downloads of that posted on this board, is muffled and crap.
Did anyone else download the album from this link: http://www.iglooart.net/stuff/ which appears to have been pulled now, unfortunately, as the download I got from there was great quality, very clear and an overall excellent sound, apart from the first track, IWSYIFOP of course, which had a glitch, but which I already had anyway.
It has made me wonder if the version I have was recorded from a promo copy of the real thing, which we all know have been doing the rounds recently.
I know the sound of the actual CD is going to be much better, naturally, as all compressed song files bastardise the sound of the original somewhat, but on the whole I'm really happy with this version to be going on with, and to me this album is a work of art which gets better after every play (I'm now on my 73rd).

there is a copy of the promo cd going around u just need to find the right person that has it

yes, it's a little mysterious

That glitch in I Will See You in Far-Off Places can't be reproduced in the Amazon stream, with the way Media Player works. Don't you think it would have been encoded better, though, if it was from a promo?

If it's a promo, why is there so much background noise? Would you inevitably get that if you were recording the actual album from a stereo line-out to a computer or cd/dvdr? It seems like rather a lot of it?

love, math+

have you compared your download against the one linked on the board?

Have you listened to the one available here? Is there a big difference between it and the Igloo one? The one linked here also has the beginning glitch.

Re: have you compared your download against the one linked on the board?

> Have you listened to the one available here? Is there a big difference
> between it and the Igloo one? The one linked here also has the beginning
> glitch.

Oh right, No, I just got the one I mentioned and because I already had an OK version of IWSYIFOP I wasn't that arsed.
Still, I maintain that the copy I have is good quality, considering, and certainly much better than the one many others here seem to have, judging from the comments.

i have a 320kbps rip of it which sounds pretty spiffing.

The down load I have is rather good too. I can speak with some authority as I also have the promo and have been listening to that on a cd player since I got it last week. There is really very little difference in the quality between the two and since the promo won't play on my computer, I downloaded this other version and burned a disc on itunes and put this on my walkman. It's all good although I am a little annoyed that the album was streamed after I bought the promo as I might have waited and not bothered with the promo. I just had to hear it we will have to wait and see if all this affects sales although I doubt it will I want to get the cd/dvd version anyway.

Back
Top Bottom