Michael's Bones??

F

Frank

What is this song about?? I've always wondered!!
The lyrics are real moving, especially when Moz sings "You are too brave, and i'm ashamed of myself as usual". Brilliant!! But WHAT OR WHO IS IT ABOUT!!

Thankyou for your time,

Goodnight and thankyou!

well maybe this part you`ce got, but it seems its about a boy who have committed suicide/got into a fight and got killed. (too brave)
since many moz songs are autobiographical, it maybe someone who has written letters to moz and described depression and adoration, which lead him to this suicide/fight. of course no one had a clue what went on on his mind (...i dont know where you get such notions from).

it also borrows some themes from wilde`s story "the happy prince(?)"
your gentle hands are frozen, and unkissed lips are blue, but his eye still cries (like the statue in the story). someone who is believed to be as good as dead, with no feelings, yet he is more noble and generous than humans.

> What is this song about?? I've always wondered!!
> The lyrics are real moving, especially when Moz sings "You
> are too brave, and i'm ashamed of myself as usual".
> Brilliant!! But WHAT OR WHO IS IT ABOUT!!

> Thankyou for your time,

> Goodnight and thankyou!

I could be wrong but I always had the feeling that Morrissey was talking about non other than himself, whilst changing the name into Michael because it's just as common as Steven. Okay he's obviously not dead but maybe he was feeling dead inside when he wrote that. All symbolical you know....

hey,
I have always loved the song,actually it is my favorite(might have something to do with the fact my name is michael,i dunno).I think it is one of the most prettiest and saddest songs Morissey has ever written, kinda epic in it's appeal

micheals bones is about john merrick.whose story was later told in the movie "elephant man".morrissey titled the song "micheals bones" because micheal jackson bought john merricks bones ,hence "micheals bones".

It's a tribute song to IRA man Michael Collins and Moz admits he's ashamed of himself for not being as brave as Michael Collins was.

"low lie the fields of Athenry"

"Michael they have taken you away"

Back
Top Bottom