Meeting Morrissey

Scott

Hey, im going to the kings lynn morrissey date of this tour, and just wondering, those of you who have been on previous dates of this tour, what are the chances of getting to meet the man himself? is he tending to get to venues extremely early? does he tend to avoid people waiting around? are people queuing extremely early? just getting a bit excited about the prospect of meeting him, just thought id see if many others had met him on this tour, as this is the first time ive managed to get morrissey tickets!!
Thanks for reading:)
x

Hmm

Unfortunately or fortunately, the only way to meet the man himself is by either a)personal invite backstage or b)crashing his 'scene'

I would tend to think option b would be rather unpleasant for the both of you. That said, option a doesn't occur very much, but it did occur a few times on the last tour, most notably Earls Court and Dublin in December of 2004.

I escaped from the village long enough to be lucky enough to go to almost as many gigs as Julia last tour, and the Dublin aftershow was definitely a highlight of the tour for me!
Not to be missed if the opportunity arises. I honestly think Mozzer gets as much from those types of planned meetings as do the fans!

Scott said:
Hey, im going to the kings lynn morrissey date of this tour, and just wondering, those of you who have been on previous dates of this tour, what are the chances of getting to meet the man himself? is he tending to get to venues extremely early? does he tend to avoid people waiting around? are people queuing extremely early? just getting a bit excited about the prospect of meeting him, just thought id see if many others had met him on this tour, as this is the first time ive managed to get morrissey tickets!!
x

Extremely difficult! he doesn't "hang out" in places usually, so it'll be tough. keep in mind, there's always one shitstain who'll run it for the group. You might see him, and muster up the courage to introduce yourself to him, by the time you do, some shitstain's asked him about a Smiths Reunion or something else lame like that and he gets annoyed and walks off.

Scott said:
x

you need to find """" at one of the gigs or """""" - they are on speaking terms with morrissey, - here's a clue, they both have ginger hair

Patrick McGoohan said:
I think he just walks off because he may just be more than a bit annoyed at the constant barrage of people - many of whom are NOT fans, thats the worst part - coming up to him and generally invading his privacy wherever he may be.

BINGO!!!! you've won the prize. Good luck nevertheless.

Patrick McGoohan said:
Mr. Pimp, I'm afraid I have met the man. Scott hasn't. See above.
I read it, and knew it. I commented on what you said. usually, it's an awkward situation for all involved, or someone ruins it for the bunch. I was telling whoever wanted to meet him, good luck.

well, meeting him would be awesome, but im sure ill enjoy the show nonetheless! the place where he is playing though, there only like 2 possible places he could get in, so hopefully will catch a glimpse, not gonna deliberately piss him off to try and meet him if he obviously doesnt want to be bothered tho.

Last edited:
Scott

I am going up to Kings Lynn from Cambridge on my own. If you or any fellow Morrissey Soloers fancy a jar or two beforehand let me know.

Last edited:
Scott said:
x
Hi Scott, it IS possible to meet him and have a chat...have done it more than twenty times over the years. he WON'T stop if there is a crowd of you waiting and he doesn't like people who expect him to stop and sign things. He rarely stops after gigs...he did once in Swansea when he chatted and signed stuff for ages but that was an exception!!

Enjoy the whole event, Scott. Let us know how your first time was!!

Back
Top Bottom