iTunes

ajrooney

Led Zeppelin is about to go on and so are The Beatles. The only major acts holding out are Tool, Radiohead and The Smiths. What is preventing The Smiths from being on iTunes? Not that it matters to most of us, as we all probably have every Smiths song, it is just something that I'd like to know.

work is a 4 letter word is on itunes and so is
please please please let me get what i want
hatful of hollow was on itunes but they took it off for some odd reason:confused:

All the Smiths albums are on the UK iTunes. Even the "This Charming Man" EP is on there, complete with "Jeane" and "Wonderful Woman". No idea why it isn't up on the US version.

Conversely, not all of Mozzer's solo albums are on the UK one - no "Your Arsenal", "Bona Drag", "World of Morrissey" or "My Early Burglary Years" (annoyingly for me, because I don't want to spend a tenner just to get "Nobody Loves Us"). As far as I know, all of these are on the US version.

All the Smiths albums are on the UK iTunes. Even the "This Charming Man" EP is on there, complete with "Jeane" and "Wonderful Woman". No idea why it isn't up on the US version.

Conversely, not all of Mozzer's solo albums are on the UK one - no "Your Arsenal", "Bona Drag", "World of Morrissey" or "My Early Burglary Years" (annoyingly for me, because I don't want to spend a tenner just to get "Nobody Loves Us"). As far as I know, all of these are on the US version.

we do have them all..like you guys have all the smiths albums.

Is it possible for someone in the US to purchase songs solely listed on UK Itunes, and/or the other way around?
I would wonder why they would want to make purchasing music the slightest bit difficult...

Is it possible for someone in the US to purchase songs solely listed on UK Itunes, and/or the other way around?

Nope, I've tried it. You can switch your default store, but once you try to purchase a song, it tells you that you can't. I did find some other UK-based site (can't remember the name; started with "b") that does allow downloads to any country. That's where I got the two "The Youngest Was the Most Loved" live versions (Sheffield & Alexandra Palace, IIRC) that weren't available on iTunes US.

^^^Thanks for the response.
I've noticed people on Ebay purchasing itunes gift cards for various countries other than their own, and wondered if this was the reason they were doing this...
Oh well, at least there are alternatives.
BTW Love your name, nor am I!

^^^Thanks for the response.
I've noticed people on Ebay purchasing itunes gift cards for various countries other than their own, and wondered if this was the reason they were doing this...

Don't think so; even if you registered under a different email address, they still ask for your real address and CC number.

BTW Love your name, nor am I!

Thanks. None of us are; I'm surprised that it hadn't been taken.

Don't think so; even if you registered under a different email address, they still ask for your real address and CC number.

Thanks. None of us are; I'm surprised that it hadn't been taken.

Actually it works as I do it all the time. You don't have to give them CC info if you're usinga gift card for your first purchase. If you're in the US, you need to get a UK iTunes. When you try to redeem it you'll get a message that the gift card is only valid on their UK store which will require you to create a UK account. Just enter a phoney name and address but make sure you submit a different e-mail address than your US account.

I registered my UK account at Moz's old address on Kings Rd in Manchester so don't you go entering that address as well. Give the Queen's address in Buckingham Palace or Stonehedge or something like that.

Joey

Actually it works as I do it all the time. You don't have to give them CC info if you're usinga gift card for your first purchase. If you're in the US, you need to get a UK iTunes. When you try to redeem it you'll get a message that the gift card is only valid on their UK store which will require you to create a UK account. Just enter a phoney name and address but make sure you submit a different e-mail address than your US account.

I registered my UK account at Moz's old address on Kings Rd in Manchester so don't you go entering that address as well. Give the Queen's address in Buckingham Palace or Stonehedge or something like that.

No shit? It doesn't check the song every time you play it? I'll have to try this. Thanks for the tip.

Back
Top Bottom