Is the Morrissey support curse finally over??

J

Joe McEwan

After the recent success that The Thrills and The Libertines have had since supporting the mighty Moz. Do you think the curse of being Morrisseys support band(Elka, Marion, Echobelly) is finally over?

> After the recent success that The Thrills and The Libertines have had
> since supporting the mighty Moz. Do you think the curse of being
> Morrisseys support band(Elka, Marion, Echobelly) is finally over?

Was there ever a curse? Libertines were well respected before the Morrissey slot. I assume Morrissey hand picks the supports? Maybe it's the sign of his taste that many of these acts, whether they achieve popular appeal or not, have an element of interest to this community, so who cares if it appeals to the masses.

Now, where's my athletic support.
Ruffian

PS, the masses can keep the Thrills.. I'll keep the Pony Club. And will always be a diehard Libertine.

> After the recent success that The Thrills and The Libertines have had
> since supporting the mighty Moz. Do you think the curse of being
> Morrisseys support band(Elka, Marion, Echobelly) is finally over?

Having seen both acts last year, I hope the Morrissey support curse does strike, because both acts are crashing bores. I have never seen a band less thrilling than The Thrills. As for The Mulletines, well...yawn...

Neither of them are as good as Marion were, or Sack for that matter. But hey, the masses must have their 'rock'.

> Was there ever a curse?

Elka didn't need a curse to be terrible--they were the worst, third-rate Suede copy band ever.

Cheers,

Jamie

Back
Top Bottom