if your jaded in love...your probably right in being so

P

philosopher

http://today.reuters.co.uk/news/newsArticle.aspx?type=oddlyEnoughNews&storyID=2005-11-29T183827Z_01_MCC967073_RTRIDST_0_OUKOE-UK-LOVE-MOLECULE.XML

God that's depressing!
There you are thinking you have some sort of soul connection going on and it's just bloody nerve growth factor.
Still it's marvellous while it lasts. Or so I'm told.

'If you find yourself caught in love
Say a prayer to the man above.
Thank him for every day you pass
You should thank him for saving your sorry ass.
If you're single, but looking out
You must raise your prayer to a shout.
Another partner must be found
Someone to take your life beyond
Another TV "I Love 1999"
Just one more box of cheapo wine.'

Re: i like the link on the same page

> Morrissey is an embarrassment to his own kind.

either that or he is "discreet"

> http://today.reuters.co.uk/news/newsArticle.aspx?type=oddlyEnoughNews&storyID=2005-11-29T183827Z_01_MCC967073_RTRIDST_0_OUKOE-UK-LOVE-MOLECULE.XML

Free of the sensational headine, the study suggests only a positive correlation between NGF and the initial stages of romance: correlation does not equal efficient causation; moreover, assigning NGF a causal role would, more than likely, simply hitch a further element to a self-determining causal nexus... e.g. the stimulation of L- receptors in the retina is not seeing-a-sunset.

File this with similar brazen exercises in nuerophysiologic reductionism. My personal favourite was the conclusion of a paper featured in Psychology Today in the mid-eighties the upshot of which was that romantic bonding is contigent upon the exchange of neuro-hormones in partners' saliva (seven years till biochemical tolerance, after that... finito).

"There is no such thing" said Belacqua wildly "as a simultaniety of incoherence, there is no such thing as love in a thalamus. There is no word for such a thing, there is no such abominable thing."
--Samuel Beckett, Dream of Fair to Middling Women

Re: No wonder I have interminable writers-block!

and why Ive got herpes

excerpt from my debut book:

roses are red violets are blue

codreanu is desperate for ass

:>)

Back
Top Bottom