I wasn't looking at your chest but your t-shirt

L

Librarian on Fire

As daylight saving ends and the first breath of autumm is about to be felt, I folded up my Smiths t-shirt and placed it sadly in my drawer. Another summer passes and my hopes of meeting some girl wearing a Smiths/Moz shirt fade as well. Has anyone ever been out somewhere and passed a Moz robed person and exchange glances and smiles or has it led onto anything else really nice. Or am I being hoplessly romantic?

Way back on a sept morning in 1991 i was sitting in my 1st film studies class and had just said to my pal that there was a lack of female talent WHEN.....

In walked a stunning girl 5ft6 slim with brown hair and brown eyes with a lovely nice italion looks (my fav) AND A MORRISSEY T SHIRT (morrissey heading a football) and i was smitten and was amazed to find out a week later after loads of glances etc that she felt the same...

We split in 1994!!!

And know ten years later she is settled down with a kid and i am still a rambling boy of pleasure!!

It was nice sharing so much with a girl who liked decent music which is very rare these days,most girls like what ever is popular with there friends or what ever is deemed "cool"..

OHHH well!!!

> As daylight saving ends and the first breath of autumm is about
> to be felt, I folded up my Smiths t-shirt and placed it sadly in
> my drawer. Another summer passes and my hopes of meeting some
> girl wearing a Smiths/Moz shirt fade as well. Has anyone ever
> been out somewhere and passed a Moz robed person and exchange
> glances and smiles or has it led onto anything else really nice.
> Or am I being hoplessly romantic?

No, but does anyone know the girl seen in John Lewis in Kingston Upon Thames wearing a Morrissey shirt?, is she the same who has the Morrissey poster on her bedroom wall on Kings Road, visible from the road? Which makes us think there should be a register of Morrissey fans somewhere - like a list of people with a notifiable disease or those who have to visit a police station once a week.....

> No, but does anyone know the girl seen in John Lewis in Kingston
> Upon Thames wearing a Morrissey shirt?, is she the same who has
> the Morrissey poster on her bedroom wall on Kings Road, visible
> from the road? Which makes us think there should be a register
> of Morrissey fans somewhere - like a list of people with a
> notifiable disease or those who have to visit a police station
> once a week.....

We need a map. So you can type in an address and see every Moz fan within the general vicinity. That way you don't have to keep that running list (Suzanne - Austin, Mimi - Germany, Fabricio - Brazil, etc) in your head. Anyone technically savy enough to do it?

Seriously, yes.

It is dangerous.

It is exciting.

It is rewarding.

It is wonderful.

It is unbelievable.

...not really for the Moz stuff, although it helps...but the stuff that comes along with it jackass.

and it will happen if you decide to not look for it. trust me on this one. However if you are cautious about this...then you really are a complete fool.

Well, I've done so with Cure shirts but not Morrissey shirts.

Kirstie

start looking in the right places

> It was nice sharing so much with a girl who liked decent music
> which is very rare these days,most girls like what ever is
> popular with there friends or what ever is deemed
> "cool"..

what a horrible generalization. I wouldn't say it's just girls-I'd make a case that it's people in general. As for girls spefically I as well as others I am friends with who are females happen to have good taste in music. (here I go again with my music snobbiness..hehe) Maybe you are just looking in all the wrong places? I'd say the best place to meet someone is at a good concert or in a record store. Then you know what her music tastes are.

Kirstie

Re: start looking in the right places

I'd say the best place to meet someone is at a
> good concert or in a record store. Then you know what her music
> tastes are.

I did I did, she worked in Real Groovy Records, she was cute, short. Each week I would spend a small fortune buying cds, a Belle and Sebastian cd here, a enquiry about some obscure English indie band to impress her. I gave her a small gift of handmade chocolates to say thank you. Then after finding out what kind of music she liked, "Drum & Bass" (oh well) she tells me "all the sad stuff, the Smith, Morrissey, Manic Street Preachers". The next week I go in and by God did I look smart that morning, hair brushed and parted already to see if she would like to meet up for a coffee... and she wasn't there. I go back in the next week and nothing. I ask the girl with the ring through her nose where .... is, and the reply was that she doesn't work here anymore. Shyness is nice but it can stop you. Strike whilee the iron is hot.

Re: start looking in the right places

> I'd say the best place to meet someone is at a

> I did I did, she worked in Real Groovy Records, she was cute,
> short. Each week I would spend a small fortune buying cds, a
> Belle and Sebastian cd here, a enquiry about some obscure
> English indie band to impress her. I gave her a small gift of
> handmade chocolates to say thank you. Then after finding out
> what kind of music she liked, "Drum & Bass" (oh
> well) she tells me "all the sad stuff, the Smith,
> Morrissey, Manic Street Preachers". The next week I go in
> and by God did I look smart that morning, hair brushed and
> parted already to see if she would like to meet up for a
> coffee... and she wasn't there. I go back in the next week and
> nothing. I ask the girl with the ring through her nose where
> .... is, and the reply was that she doesn't work here anymore.
> Shyness is nice but it can stop you. Strike whilee the iron is
> hot.

ohhh... Maybe you need to stick to finding girls in libraries then? I'm sorry she just left you hanging like that. There are some bad ones in our gender

Kirstie

I guess i'll tell my sad pathetic little story. I've not only done it with Morrissey shirts but with Cure shirts. The Cure shirt bit was almost succesful actually. It was my frist day of summer school and I saw this guy with a Cure shirt on. And every day after he would be wearing a different cure shirt. I had no way of approaching him since none of my friends knew him and It was always from a distance that i saw him. BUT.. i HAD to meet him, he was adorable and if nothing.. would be fun to talk to about where he got so many damn shirts! Plus I know noone with my taste in music :-(

So... I eventually decided to wear my one and only cure shirt ;-p But nope. Didn't see him that day. Last day of school.. I wore it one last time.. and nope... never saw him. After school.. went to lunch at taco bell.. and who was in there eating at a table? I walked up to order my food and he says "hey" and I looked with a puzzled face.. "oh you like you cure?" "me too" duh ;-p We chatted for a while about shows we've been to and off i went. Well he ended up being an asshole, i later on found out. But hey... don't put that t-shirt away! You still may have luck! hopefully better then mine and my loser story ;-p

> Well he ended up
> being an asshole, i later on found out. But hey... don't put
> that t-shirt away! You still may have luck! hopefully better
> then mine and my loser story ;-p

Oho how sad I hate it when it turns out that way. People who have good taste in music should be great people besides!

Kirstie

Hi Unruly,

I Liked your story.. Indeed, I appreciated all these great tales of love unrequited, requited, and then how badly the affairs all turn out to be in the end.. But to read a trace of humanity into this sterile MSG board world is good.. And we all have a tale to tell..

My own love life with a female of the Morrissey Fan world turned out just as disappointing.. and now I have lost my faith in womanhood on that level..

..which is a crying shame because I was once a poetic and considerate man with much intelligent charm to give.. I keep mine hidden now.

..But on a trivial note.. I'll try the 'Meat Is Murder' T-Shirt and see what happens! Failing that a great big sandwich board advert!

some encouragement

> My own love life with a female of the Morrissey Fan world turned
> out just as disappointing.. and now I have lost my faith in
> womanhood on that level..

don't give up! It's usually just a matter of time before you find the right one. Keep trying with your Meat is Murder shirt!

Kirstie

Back
Top Bottom