How Does Morrissey Do His Hair?

J

Joe Bonomo

Please, someone, please tell me: how on earth, exactly, does Morrissey cut and style his hair? Apparently no hairdresser on earth knows how to do it, as I have tried at least ten different hairdressers, and I've even brought in a plethora of pictures, but no one can ever cut my hair the way I want it--like Smiths-era Morrissey. And then styling it! That's the worst part! How does/did he do it!? By the time I'm done styling every day, I look like Elvis, not Morrissey (not that this is a necessarily bad thing). BUT I WANT MORRISSEY'S HAIR! HOW ON EARTH DOES HE DO IT!? Please, someone has got to know this. And yes, I'm pathetic, but I don't care. Morrissey's hair is perfect; there isn't anything wrong with wanting to look good. Please let me know. Thanks.

Sincerely,
Joe Bonomo
[email protected]

oh my...

joe,

sometimes it's not as much a matter of the cut, but the hair itself. to achieve the Mozzer look, you will need:

(1.) A heavily receding hairline. This helps with the illusion of the gravity defying-protruding quiff that is desired. there's not much you can do if you do not have one of these yet. Stretch out and wait, or do some advanced work with your Gillette Sensor. perhaps you can have greasetea over to help, i hear he's quite skillful with razors.

(2.) The right length. Too short gives you the Ricky Martin 'livin' la vida loca' look, & too long turns you into Buster Poindexter.

-c

--------------
> Please, someone, please tell me: how on earth, exactly, does
> Morrissey cut and style his hair? Apparently no hairdresser on
> earth knows how to do it, as I have tried at least ten different
> hairdressers, and I've even brought in a plethora of pictures,
> but no one can ever cut my hair the way I want it--like
> Smiths-era Morrissey. And then styling it! That's the worst
> part! How does/did he do it!? By the time I'm done styling every
> day, I look like Elvis, not Morrissey (not that this is a
> necessarily bad thing). BUT I WANT MORRISSEY'S HAIR! HOW ON
> EARTH DOES HE DO IT!? Please, someone has got to know this. And
> yes, I'm pathetic, but I don't care. Morrissey's hair is
> perfect; there isn't anything wrong with wanting to look good.
> Please let me know. Thanks.

> Sincerely,
> Joe Bonomo
> [email protected]

moz15.jpg

scary

> Please, someone, please tell me: how on earth, exactly, does
> Morrissey cut and style his hair? Apparently no hairdresser on
> earth knows how to do it, as I have tried at least ten different
> hairdressers, and I've even brought in a plethora of pictures,
> but no one can ever cut my hair the way I want it--like
> Smiths-era Morrissey. And then styling it! That's the worst
> part! How does/did he do it!? By the time I'm done styling every
> day, I look like Elvis, not Morrissey (not that this is a
> necessarily bad thing). BUT I WANT MORRISSEY'S HAIR! HOW ON
> EARTH DOES HE DO IT!? Please, someone has got to know this. And
> yes, I'm pathetic, but I don't care. Morrissey's hair is
> perfect; there isn't anything wrong with wanting to look good.
> Please let me know. Thanks.

> Sincerely,
> Joe Bonomo
> [email protected]

thats just plain scary....i dont know how to describe it but it's boarder line sick.Its like that smiths video(i cant remember the name)that has all the guys trying to dress and look like morrissey.....shudder

you definetely need loreal FX

My friend looks really cute, he has hair like that (and for a woman to compliment a guy's hair means a lot..hehee), but he uses the new Loreal FX gel, it is really light but doesn't appear to have any gel. It really appears your hair just poofs straight up naturally. Although I hate to say this, it also has to do with how far does your recede. I remember back in the late 80's (yeah, I was young but old enough to remember my older sister and her boyfriends) when guys would shave back their head to get that artificial hairline.
Well good luck then. Cheers.

Re: you definetely need loreal FX

Morrissey uses Paul Mitchell styling products. Having an expensive hairdresser would help too.

You do need the right hair type.

> sometimes it's not as much a matter of the cut, but the hair
> itself.

He's right. You'll need the correct hair type. If you've got straight, oily hair, you'll end up having a more polished pompadour look rather than the casual one you're looking for.

Here's some advice too. Rather than mimicking Morrissey, copy the source: James Dean. If you copy Dean, you'll end up looking more like Smiths-era Morrissey than if you try copying the copy.

If your hair is all wrong, don't worry. You can always get a perm. But you'll have to keep getting the perm, that's the only drawback.

ah_173.jpg

Re: Here's What I Do

> Morrissey uses Paul Mitchell styling products. Having an
> expensive hairdresser would help too.

Hi, there... Well, I love this thread.. Last Haloween I (tried) to go as Moz ... Of course NO ONE knew who the hell I was supposed to be except my friends.. But I didn't care, I thought it was hilarious - I also tried this outfit at the New Wave City smiths Tribute, and a couple of people recognized me there... But I was the ONLY one to dress up at that, so I felt like a dork (oh wait, I *AM* a dork) - Anyway, This style is in the cut, but mostly in the styling and sculpting -

Here is what I did:
- Grow Side burns
- Get hair cut very close around sides and back
- trim hair on rear-top of head
- Leave as much hair on the front as necessary to hang over your bangs
- While hair is wet, put in a leave in conditioner type product (or something that will make hair stay)
- Blow dry hair this way: Sides straight back, rear top straight back, and front (longer part) directly UP.
- Let it set like this for a while (til it dries)
- Then go back with a very flexible hold product (I use Aussie Dew-Plex) and start folding the longer hair on top up and toward the middle of your head (do this on both sides)
- This is where the real art is, I wouldn't comb it too much or you tend to get the too uniform 'Elvis' look where you want the Finger combed look.
- Keep over lapping hair, and you may eventually have to use heavier gel to get it to stay the right way.

Oh well, that's the best I can do: Here is a pic of me on Halloween... I'm quite drunk and was partying with my friend Darth... God I am such a geek... Please don't laugh, or I'll smack you in the mouth! Hee hee... Screw you! I know you are laughing!!!

mozvadr.jpg

HAHAHa... Thats a very good impression Of Morrissey (as a drunk) .. I think i would have thrown you some gladioli along with some of my spare change! :) Nice Hair by the way.

Re: scary

> thats just plain scary....i dont know how to describe it but
> it's boarder line sick.Its like that smiths video(i cant
> remember the name)that has all the guys trying to dress and look
> like morrissey.....shudder

Oh, you never admired someone's look in the media and were influenced in your hair and dress? Liar! Everyone does it. Even if they don't know they do.

> HAHAHa... Thats a very good impression Of Morrissey (as a drunk)
> .. I think i would have thrown you some gladioli along with some
> of my spare change! :) Nice Hair by the way.

Heh Heh, yeah, it's funny trying to imagine Moz as a belligerant drunk...

mozvadr.jpg

untainted

> Oh, you never admired someone's look in the media and were
> influenced in your hair and dress? Liar! Everyone does it. Even
> if they don't know they do.

I can honestly say the though of copying someone else.....let alone the hairdo they may have,turns my stomach

Back
Top Bottom