How do they expect me to work????

T

Tingle

....when there's an unplayed all-new Mozzer album in my bag under my desk.

I should have taken the day off. Will knock off early anyway.

I noticed some graffiti this morning in chalk, (how caring is that), which said: "Work for money is slavery, work for love". *Nice*

.... I feel just like that! I'm sitting here at the computer all jiggy because I know the postman delivered a bright and shiny new Morrissey album to my door a few hours ago!! But it's only two hours away, jipeeh!

> ....when there's an unplayed all-new Mozzer album in my bag under my desk.

> I should have taken the day off. Will knock off early anyway.

> I noticed some graffiti this morning in chalk, (how caring is that), which
> said: "Work for money is slavery, work for love". *Nice*

You can't play cd's in your computer?
That's why I love having my own office. I listen to everything from Moz to Violent Femmes to NIN. I just turn it down a bit if I have a client coming in.

> I should have taken the day off. Will knock off early anyway.

> I noticed some graffiti this morning in chalk, (how caring is that), which
> said: "Work for money is slavery, work for love". *Nice*

I'm the same Tingle.My local record shop has kept me a copy of the Ltd Ed.Vinyl but I don't finish until 1800 !!

The blow is slightly cushioned by the fact that today is an Edinburgh Bank Holiday and I am working at double time and a half rates

Oh.....and the record shop stays open until 1900

he he leaving the office now and I have 1 hr to get the new cd and the free 7" of course. I haven't heard any of the UK buyers about the 7". Do you guys get it or not?

> he he leaving the office now and I have 1 hr to get the new cd and the
> free 7" of course. I haven't heard any of the UK buyers about the
> 7". Do you guys get it or not?

No, we don't get a bonus 7". I think all the tracks were on our Parts 1 & 2 IBEH singles. And I suspect that if they had given away free singles people would have said 'but I haven't anything to play it on'.

Do you get the 'bonus' DVD NFD? How did IBEH do in the Billboard Top Forty?

Johnny, what's all this about an 'Edinburgh holiday'? I wish I'd had a word in Ken Livingstone's ear about organising a 'London day off' for the date of Morrissey's new album. Well, he has done funnier things!

Oh Tingle, you have my sympathies. It's times like this I am glad I work part-time and have a few Mondays off. Do you not have a CD walkman you can listen to it on?

Mmmm, I've listened to Moz as well as the new Charlatans album (on the limited edition 3 x 7 inch set), both of them have made my day.

Oh well, you've waited 7 years, another few hours shouldn't make much difference, but I suppose it is as the man said "Why is the last mile the hardest mile?".

It's tagic Bluenose, really. I couldn't get away with using a CD Walkman, as that would be considered distracting and isolationist. If however, (I don't), I want to drone on all day about Grand Prix racing or Fantasy Football, that would be considered banter, and as such contributing to office life. Ha!

It's your day off isn't it? Have you ordered 'YATQ' for your library? You know you should. I like a lot of the Charlatans stuff but have gone off the singer since he was so bitchy about Mozzer.

> Oh Tingle, you have my sympathies. It's times like this I am glad I work
> part-time and have a few Mondays off. Do you not have a CD walkman you can
> listen to it on?

> Mmmm, I've listened to Moz as well as the new Charlatans album (on the
> limited edition 3 x 7 inch set), both of them have made my day.

> Oh well, you've waited 7 years, another few hours shouldn't make much
> difference, but I suppose it is as the man said "Why is the last mile
> the hardest mile?".

aha. you never got yours from Woolies then?

I bought mine from there at about 2.30 pm, took it back there at 5.10 pm (because they'd sold me a dodgy one, pah).

Sales were going well. That was the 2nd one they had sold that day.

This was despite it having a promitional tower thing that was visible as soon as you walked in.

I despair of the residents. I won't bother pasting any more promotional stickers on lamp-posts from now on.

> No, we don't get a bonus 7". I think all the tracks were on our Parts
> 1 & 2 IBEH singles. And I suspect that if they had given away free
> singles people would have said 'but I haven't anything to play it on'.

I am in The Netherlands and we have the 2cds, but got the 7" as well.

> aha. you never got yours from Woolies then?

> I bought mine from there at about 2.30 pm, took it back there at 5.10 pm
> (because they'd sold me a dodgy one, pah).

> Sales were going well. That was the 2nd one they had sold that day.

> This was despite it having a promitional tower thing that was visible as
> soon as you walked in.

> I despair of the residents. I won't bother pasting any more promotional
> stickers on lamp-posts from now on.

Got it from "Fopp" L on Cockburn Street.They only had 1 copy on vinyl but were opened until 7.
"Avalanche" had 25 vinyl but closed at 6....also got the CD

Back
Top Bottom