Early Xmas Wish List

• Thread starter Pretty Girl Making a Grave
  • Start date
P

Pretty Girl Making a Grave

There is just one thing on my wish list this year, Santamoz..

I wish that this board had a majority, instead of a minority, of mature, intelligent people with interesting topics to debate instead of stupid Americans that think throwing insults left, right and centre is funny.

In case you hadn't noticed, a lot of the most ignorant people on this board are not Americans, but rather come from the same island nation as you do. Sorry to burst your bubble. I know it's just so much easier to deceive one's self into thinking that the only stupid people in the world are Americans, but sadly, it's not reality. But it is ignorant.

But yes, I agree. I do wish that this board didn't attract so many trolls, whatever their nationality.

Paul Bunyan

There have been few characters of American folklore with the stature of Paul Bunyan. This legendary hero of lumberjacks throughout American possessed strength, speed, and skill that matched the vastness of North American.

According to legend, Paul Bunyan and his giant blue ox, Babe, left many a mark on the landscape, receiving credit for creating Puget Sound, the Grand Canyon, and the Black Hills, among others.

Some folklore experts have credited the French-Canadians for starting the tales. Others attribute the tales to a Western logging company during the early 20th century. Still others consider it a European import.

All agree, however, that Bunyan legend probably grew as the tales about him grew, bringing a new meaning to the term "tall story." Stories about Bunyan and Babe first circulated through the logging camps of Michigan, Wisconsin, and Minnesota, where loggers first heard and then retold the fables, adding local or personal embellishments.

Back
Top Bottom