Does Moz enjoy life(now and then)

The question is old, i know...but it goes on...My question would be: does his depression stops him for being interested in life, curious etc., all positive thinking shit. I mean, does he live his life to the fullest? Maybe it is more questionable for younger Moz, but nevertheless....And what of his interests and jollies you know for a fact?I am just curious ...because he seems to be more stable and happy as he gets older, and i am quite the opposite:(
I guess,i just want to know what is his secret:rolleyes:
Actually, i wanted to ask him the same question on true to you.net:o

I guess my question is too stupid or its obvious that he has many interests like art or boxers, but i guess what i am aksing is: is there any pattern to follow when it comes to deep sorrow.(to still be interested in things) i guess not. Thank you nevertheless.

I don't know - I think creative people are all a bit nutty and have bouts of depression and neurosis. I think people who are stable and content have less urge to create something. But I think creating music and art does make a person sporadically extatic after all. At least that's how I am - a neurotic hobby wannabe artist. So, if you're down - start learning an instrument, painting or something like that. Try it out!

no its interesing, he says he's not interested in Boxing or football anymore, he always complains about new music but does look out for bands, obviously still likes new york dolls. Think what really keeps u interested in life and u appreciate more as it goes on is ur relationships and ur friends. he seems like that too

Thanx, Christine! Its sure what keeps me going, but are you sure that Moz appreciates frends and relations that much? He seems to be pretty self -sufficient at the moment. And i read somewhere that he has more admiration for words than for people(It was rather old interview)

I think he'd be happier if he stopped thinking everyone was out to get him all the time.

I think Morrissey’s pretty lucky in the fact his depression doesn’t seem to render him immobile, I mean he said the times he suffered the most from it was in his teenage years and in the Smiths, but looking at his amazing rate of productivity and creativity, it really doesn’t seem to have hindered him. If anything, it seems a source of inspiration, like he can take those feelings, maybe of frustration or anger at the world, and convert them into some kind of energy he can only release through his words and singing. I think that’s so fortunate because for most people it would seem that depression just stands right in the way of any kind of production. I think when he was younger he seems to have been much more introspective, like he seemed to have no curiosity of other countries and that’s one thing that has considerably altered with him. And maybe that opening up is a sign that he deals better with his dark times now? He always seems to have said that because he had such a rotten time when he was younger, growing older could only be a relief and I think that’s a pretty positive way to look at it, I wish I could have that attitude!

I was just watching the French interview he did earlier this year and he mentions how watching the films of Claude Brasseur helped him through a dark few months he’d had; they lifted him out of it. So I guess he’s always had his films that he turns to and that hasn’t changed. And he does seem to have a few close friends he can talk things through with, like that guy on The Importance documentary, who said Morrissey turns up in his dressing gown on and wearing his glasses. So it sounds he does have ways of dealing with it and I think seeing how he is now is very inspiring, you know, if he can do it…

I agree with your comment, ST.
Many musicians who suffered depression either committed suicide or led self-destruction, unable to produce anything.
Morrissey is very fortunate that he somehow manages to find a way to live, being creative and inspire many others.

I agree with your comment, ST.
Many musicians who suffered depression either committed suicide or led self-destruction, unable to produce anything.
Morrissey is very fortunate that he somehow manages to find a way to live, being creative and inspire many others.

he took prozac for a while. brrrr. i can never quite understand why someone who has so much success has depression, but so many artists do.

What fascinates me is his strength and self-confidence nowa-days. He really doesnt seem weak at all

Did he ever?

Well, i never said he was weak. I guess i thought of his vulnerability. It was more apparent when he was younger. He said that he was construction-worker instead of some softy and he was right. He just seems to be more at ease with himself. Like he is playing with shitty things. I must admit, the fact that he is mature, still very tender and sensible at the same time, makes him...very sexy. I hate when people said that being mature means be able to accept all shit. He is still rebel and i like that. I guess he just got got relationship with his own persona:)

Back
Top Bottom