Does anyone... like...

ARRRGGHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!! I @#!!!ing hate Blur, Mockney wankers, need a good kicking.

> ... Blur?

> ... Blur?

I love "Modern Life is Rubbish". They've been going up their own arse musically ever since. "Music Is My Radar" was absolute rubbish ..... and Damon has always struck me as a rather unplesant person.

Re: On Blur and Gorillaz..

> ... Blur?

Remember the Britpop battle of 94/95.. Blur versus Oasis? I backed Blur then and I still do.. Blur live are a great specatcle having seen them at least 5 times or so.. whether they will play again is subject to much speculation.

To criticise Damon is easy. What you have to admire is the way he has tried to push boundaries (e.g. Music Is My radar) and change his song writing approach (i.e. with his work now with Gorillaz). Oasis were formulaic, peaked with Morning Glory, and then got so dull it was yawningly unbelievable... So, with Damon, ignore the image, recognise someones influence and song writing talents.

Blur made inventive albums and indulged themselves in odd moments of art rock. They should be praised for this.

I was actually at the Gorrliaz gig on Friday night at The Forum.. and although not necessarily 'my bag', trip hop rock, whatever the genre is defined.. I did enjoy myself.. It's not rock n'roll in the truest sense but an inventive approach nonetheless.. That is the beauty of music.. interpretation and performance. It's a show and if the music undeprpins it and brings it to life in your mind then so much the better.

Ruffian (Indie Boy through and through)

PS, Blurs best work (but least accessible) was 13.. 'Trimm Trabb' is one of my favourites.. Also check out the bass line from 'The Great Escape' of 'Entertain Me' .. the B side gem that is 'Mr.Briggs'.. or the raw punk energy of 'Popscene'.. Ignore the singles (by and large) the true fans indulge themeselves in the more obscure tracks..

> ... Blur?

I liked the boys who do girls and girl who do boys song.

hnia

Re: On Blur and Gorillaz..

I like Blur too. I was wondering though... I had seen on a british radio website that Gorillaz was no more? Is that true? I think it would definatly be a shame if it were. I was just getting into it.

Re: BLUR SUCK

> ... Blur?
BLUR SUCK ASS HOW LAME IS THIS GORILLAZ THING HES DOING NOW LIKE REALLY I HERD THE CD THEN I VOMITED IT WAS SSHHHHHIT

Re:WELL AT LEAST I DONT BLOW GERMAN SHEEP

BUT THATS ONLY MY OPINON MABEY I DO

Back
Top Bottom