Daddy's voice

R

rosecrutian

I know lots of people have been dismissed for suggesting the song is about Johnny Marr giving Moz a blow job but I assume people accept that the song is undoubtedly about homosexual oral sex.

Re: You're a pig!

I'm really not trying to cause offence but it's so obvious from the lyrics that it's about a bloke experimenting with homosexuality. I'm not sure what I said to be called a pig, does homosexuality offend you?

Yes, it is obvious. So obvious in fact we haven't bothered pointing it out to one another.

> I know lots of people have been dismissed for suggesting the song is about
> Johnny Marr giving Moz a blow job but I assume people accept that the song
> is undoubtedly about homosexual oral sex.

Hmmmmm interesting interpretation of that song Rosecrutian . Personally (and I am not arguing w/ you), I don't see anything in the lyrics that suggests that it is about two guys and a BJ.

You condescending c***! I've read people discussing the meanings of other songs on here when they are quite obvious but they don't get smug pricks like you being so aloof. What is it with people like you? If I said Morrissey had written a song about being unhappy or being in love then you'd think it was fine, as soon as I state that he has written a song about gay sex you get all defensive. My next question was going to be if we all accept it's about a male experimenting with gay oral sex, then why is the suggestion that it might be Moz and Marr such a terrible idea?

> I'm really not trying to cause offence but it's so obvious from the lyrics
> that it's about a bloke experimenting with homosexuality. I'm not sure
> what I said to be called a pig, does homosexuality offend you?

hey rose,
don't think our friend jimmy realizes there's a bit of sexual ambiguity in moz's lyric. personally, there's not enough for me in the lyrics to agree with your assessment. i'll admit though that i have no idea what he's singing about. but you're theory fits in with the roy's keen=sex song theory that only a few seem to get. hopefuly one day moz will explain all.
joey

Well then plus or minus must think you are really stupid then! I think it's fairly obvious, I'm not sure I can think of any other meaning to the song. daddy is young and restless and then some other bloke beckons him over and gives him some "affection" that was from a strange direction (so he wasn't gay he was experimenting with something he hadn't done before) and this affection got stuck in his throat. I promise I'm not trying to be lurid and piss people off, it's just the way I see the song.

> My next question was going to be if
> we all accept it's about a male experimenting with gay oral sex, then why
> is the suggestion that it might be Moz and Marr such a terrible idea?

Well of course that was going to be your next question. Why do you think Jimmy got ticked off and I got snooty? We can spot it coming *nudge nidge, wink wink* a mile off.

I think the way you are interpretting my question says more about you than me to be honest. You cannot have a conversation about sex, particularly gay sex without either viewing it as smutty inuendo or as me being nasty. I have asked 2 genuine questions that should have caused no offence. If you think I'm wrong, why not say "no you're wrong because....." as opposed to making yourself look like a homophobic, sexually repressed, anal bastard.

> Well then plus or minus must think you are really stupid then! I think
> it's fairly obvious, I'm not sure I can think of any other meaning to the
> song. daddy is young and restless and then some other bloke beckons him
> over and gives him some "affection" that was from a strange
> direction (so he wasn't gay he was experimenting with something he hadn't
> done before) and this affection got stuck in his throat. I promise I'm not
> trying to be lurid and piss people off, it's just the way I see the song.

Geezzz a little edgy today rosecrutian.. he, he, he. And no, I am not stupid.

Thanks

I don't think you're stupid at all, just plus or minus thinks it's really obvious what it's about so I assume he'd think you are.

Forgive me if I've mistaken your intentions.

If you've been around here any time at all then you'll have seen the smart arses descend on us with their innocent leading questions. If you're not a smart arse just here to wind people up by pointing out the obvious and wanting to know why we're not bothered by it, which we're patently not, then I apologise.

If you are on the piss-take, how many times can we say that we don't care. It's a funny song. It's surely meant to be taken on the level of *nudge nudge, wink wink* (Monty Python reference to sad people who need all their jokes underlined in case you didn't know.) It's not a confession or admission or any of those other loaded words. Finding a funny song oes not make you homophobic. It makes you a Morrissey fan.

I'm not sure you should always assume the worst in people. You think it might be a humourous song but that is not to say that it definitely isn't about Morrissey though is it? Surely like many of his songs it's ambiguous and for us to decide, in which case I find it odd that people on here are so absolutley appalled by any suggestion that it might be about Moz or someone Moz knows. If (and I accept it's a big if) the song is about Moz then why would that be a bad thing? If it wouldn't be a bad thing then why is it a bad thing to suggest that it is a possibility. The fact that you think that the subject matter MUST be lighthearted does smack of homophobia to some extent. The fact is Morrissey's sexuality is unknown yet people on here go mad if anyone even suggests that he might be gay. If that isn't homophobia then I don't know what is.

LYRICS?

> I don't think you're stupid at all, just plus or minus thinks it's really
> obvious what it's about so I assume he'd think you are.

i know i've seen them posted here for this and other new songs that are coming out, but is there one site that has all if not most of the lyrics to all the newer songs NOT on You Are the Quarry?

Generally I'm all for people placing whatever interpretation they want on a song but in this case.......

No, no, no, no, no

This is definitely a funny song. Have you seen him sing it? It's FUNNY.

Of course it's about blowjobs. Sometimes he sings "Someone got stuck in his throat" instead of something. Blowjobs can be funny, gay or straight, depending on the way the words are sung.

And yada yada yada with the homophobia. It's boring, mate. That's why we go mad. We know he's not the straightest pencil in the box. If he's not bothered why should we be?

Right, I'm off to Newport Pagnall with Dagenham Dave and my acoustic guitar before someone tries to tell me I'm missing deep and meaningful messages in the gales of laughter.

I didn't say it didn't contain humour, just that doesn't mean it isn't semi auto biographical.

> You condescending c***! I've read people discussing the meanings of other
> songs on here when they are quite obvious but they don't get smug pricks
> like you being so aloof. What is it with people like you? If I said
> Morrissey had written a song about being unhappy or being in love then
> you'd think it was fine, as soon as I state that he has written a song
> about gay sex you get all defensive. My next question was going to be if
> we all accept it's about a male experimenting with gay oral sex, then why
> is the suggestion that it might be Moz and Marr such a terrible idea?

I quite agree, I mean does anyone here seriously think 'Hand in glove' wasn't based around homosexuality?