Awesome YouTube site with Unrealeased/Remastered songs.

Re:

hipsterdisco is quite cheeky to steal stuff from smithstorrents, never gives the credit to the original source.

Last edited:
Re:

Oh, I didn't realize that. But still, I found them pretty cool. And yes, credit should be given.

Don't let her bully you; no one takes her seriously.

The important thing is that these versions were new to you, and if they were new to you then they will be new to others, as well. Thank you for calling our attention to them; there's probably lots of new fans here who weren't aware of these alternate versions and rarities yet. That's what counts. While I totally agree that nods should be given to the initial uploaders of the boots, let's not forget that almost all of this stuff is unofficially released and uncondoned by Morrissey, the author of the songs, so this notion of being chastised for not giving credit where credit is due, even down to the most anal, minute detail of every individual blogger and bootlegger, is a little ironic to say the least.

I haven't looked at every song uploaded to that site but many of them were originally leaked on vinyl bootlegs, most or all of which were shared here by the user Motorways. Then, different rips appeared on Smithstorrents.

The guy who runs this blog (http://smithsrecycle.blogspot.com/) did a home remastering of the Smiths' "Demos and Instrumentals" bootleg and he also touched up a somewhat recently unearthed bootleg of Troy Tate mixes. I believe his versions of these boots are also up on Smithstorrents, but either way visit his blog, you'll find some great stuff.

YouTube compression basically cancels out the effect of the remastering; I'd highly recommend tracking down the best quality audio files from the boots on this board and elsewhere online.

Back
Top Bottom