Thursday November 23, 06
Today I feel grateful because:
1. I live in a beautiful townhouse in a nice neighborhood--where it is quiet, clean, and warm. I feel safe and secure and very blessed to reside here.
2. I am very fortunate to have a healthy, loving, intelligent, sensitive, generous, talented, and perfectly wonderful son.
3. I am grateful to be a mom. This is a role that is very rewarding. It is the only job that I have not quit or been fired from.
4. I am very blessed to have a near-perfect husband--one who is considerate, conscientious, generous, intelligent, curious, adventurous, creative, innovative, flexible, giving, affectionate, tolerant, pragmatic, masculine, sensitive... I could go on and on.
5. I am grateful to have a mother and stepfather who love my son as if he were their own. They share a very special relationship with him that is one of a kind.
6. I feel appreciative to have a mother who is so SANE. Her pragmatic approach to life has kept me grounded... well, maybe I have fluttered off a few times. But I have always returned to stable footing thanks to her.
7. I am fortunate to be alive. Life is worth living. I'm glad that I failed at starving myself to death. I am supposed to be here. Someday I will know exactly why I survived.
8. I am grateful to have HAD a brother. Though he is no longer alive, his memory will live on through me and others who were fortunate to have known Jeff.
9. I am grateful to be an American citizen. I could just as easily have been born to Sudanese parents.
10. I am grateful to have been spared religious indoctrination. Once one is brainwashed to believe, it is very difficult to completely give up those childish make believe stories. They continue to circulate in the brains of victims--like a record skipping--playing the same messages over and over--guilt, hate, violence... Thanks mom and dad. :)
11. I am blessed to have lived a very full life so far. I truly have lived.
12. I am grateful to have been born during the internet boom. I am a knowledge junkie--spending countless hours researching and learning via the internet. As long as I am online, the world is my oyster. I have the capacity to learn about any subject I choose.
13. I am blessed to have an assertive personality. I feel fortunate to have the charisma and confidence to take me through life with a passionate and determined approach.
14. I am so blessed to have the prettiest, smartest, loving, playful, and affectionate cat on the planet. :D
15. I am grateful that I no longer feel addicted to the Moz community. It has lost its hold on me.
16. I am very grateful to have seen Pearl Jam in concert this last July--a dream I have wanted to come true for a long time. I was not disappointed.
17. I am fortunate to have received so many wonderful gifts this year--all my pigs, music, DVDs... I feel special and loved.
18. I feel very fortunate to have been able to PLAY house this last year. Deep down inside, I have always wanted to be a homemaker. I don't know how much longer I will wear this title. But I am enjoying every moment of it. I am very domestic. I love to make a home beautiful and pleasant for those--including myself--who live there.
19. I feel thankful that my son is growing into a young, well-adjusted man. I must have done SOMETHING right.
20. I am grateful for all my internet friends. Luv you guys!
21. I am grateful for being cute and tiny.
22. I am grateful to be a creative, savvy shopper.
23. I am grateful to be done feeling grateful. :D