hand in glove (827)
hand in glove
(email not shown publicly)
Sunday January 10, 10
Many of you may have seen this already, but I thought I'd post it here anyway as it looks soooo good! I hope to try it very soon. This recipe won best Entree in Vegetarian Times!
Wild Mushroom Ravioli in Sage and Brown Sauce (by Emily Peterson - Institute of Culinary Education New York, NY)
1 Tbs. olive oil
1. Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Add shallot, and saute 2 minutes. Add mushrooms, and cook 7 to 10 minutes, or until softened. Add wine and thyme, and cook 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Cool.
2. Cut 1 won ton wrapper in half, to form 2 rectangles. Brush edges of won ton half with water, and place 1 tsp. mushroom mixture on one side. Fold won ton wrapper in half to make square ravioli, pressing on edges to seal. Place on baking sheet. Repeat with remaining won ton wrappers and filling.
3. Melt butter in large skillet over low heat. Add sage leaves, and cook 8 to 10 minutes. or until fatty solids in butter sink to bottom of saucepan and turn nutty brown. (Personally, I'd use Smart Balance with an olive oil base - not sure if it would work as well, though)
4. Meanwhile, cook ravioli in large pot of boiling salted water 2 minutes, or until they float to top. Transfer to skillet with slotted spoon, and toss to coat with brown butter sauce. Season with salt and pepper, if desired, and sprinkle with cheese.
- Per serving (8 ravioli) 298 cal., 5 G PROT
(Vegetarian Times, January 2010, pg.63)
Of course this is fattening, but not as fattening as some vegetarian ravioli recipes, however! It's definitely worth a try.