The Morrissey-solo Wiki is a continual work in progress, most of the data still needs to be populated. See the To Do page if you want to help.
Piccadilly Palare (single)
|Release||8 October 1990|
3:48 (Bona Drag 20th Anniversary)
|Art work||Anton Corbijn|
|Vinyl Etching||GEORGE ELIOT KNEW|
|Publisher||HMV Records (UK)|
Sire Records (US)
|Format(s)||7" Vinyl, 12" Vinyl, CD|
|Chart position||UK #18|
| November Spawned A Monster|
Off the rails I was and
Off the rails I was happy to stay GET OUT OF MY WAY On the rack I was "easy meat" And a reasonably good buy A reasonably good buy
The Piccadilly palare Was just silly slang Between me and the boys in my gang "So bona to vada, OH YOU your lovely eek and your lovely riah"
We plied an ancient trade Where we threw all life's Instructions away Exchanging lies and digs (my way) 'Cause in a belted coat Oh I secretly knew That I hadn't a clue
The Piccadilly palare Was just silly slang Between me and the boys in my gang Exchanging palare You wouldn't understand Good sons like you NEVER DO
A cold water room It's not much, I know But for now it's where I belong Am I really doing wrong? Around the centre of town Is where I belong Am I really doing wrong?
So why do you smile When you think about Earls Court? But you cry when you think of all The battles you've fought (and lost)? It may all end tomorrow Or, it could go on forever (In which case: I'm doomed) It could go on forever... (In which case: I'm doomed)
Play count (Morrissey concert): 62
Morrissey live history:
- Dublin, Ireland 1991-04-27 (Morrissey concert)
- Paris, France 1991-04-29 (Morrissey concert)
- Deinze, Belgium 1991-04-30 (Morrissey concert)
- Utrecht, Holland 1991-05-01 (Morrissey concert)
- Cologne, Germany 1991-05-04 (Morrissey concert)
- Berlin, Germany 1991-05-05 (Morrissey concert)
- Hamburg, Germany 1991-05-06 (Morrissey concert)
- Copenhagen, Denmark 1991-05-07 (Morrissey concert)
- Aberdeen, Scotland 1991-05-14 (Morrissey concert)
- San Diego, California 1991-05-30 (Morrissey concert)
- Bona Drag
- Piccadilly Palare (single)
- Live In Dallas
- Your Arsenal
- Suedehead: The Best Of Morrissey
- The CD Singles '88–91'
- The HMV/Parlophone Singles '88–'95
- Engineer [Assistant] - Steve Williams (6)
- Engineer [Assistant] - Stewart Day
- Guitar - Kevin Armstrong
- Mixed By - Alan Winstanley
- Photography By [Photograph By] - Anton Corbijn
- Producer - Clive Langer & Alan Winstanley
- Producer - Stephen Street
- Voice [Additional] - Suggs
White inner sleeve manufactured by DRG Malago Some come with b-side labels on ‘both’ sides!
Made in Great Britain Sleeve manufactured in England
Runouts are stamped except for "GEORGE ELIOT KNEW", which is etched.
- Piccadilly Palare - Discogs master release: https://www.discogs.com/master/5010
- Piccadilly Palare (12" 45 RPM Single) - Discogs release: https://www.discogs.com/release/384891-Morrissey-Piccadilly-Palare
Discogs information (additional release)
Tracks 1 & 3 Warner Chappell Music Ltd./Copryright Control Track 2 Warner Chappell Music Ltd./Virgin Music (Publishers) Ltd. ℗ 1990 The copyright in this sound recording is owned by EMI Records Ltd. © 1990 EMI Records Ltd. Manufactured in England by EMI Records Limited. Made in the UK
Issued in a standard J-card case with an insert.
- Piccadilly Palare (Single) - Discogs release: https://www.discogs.com/release/461609-Morrissey-Piccadilly-Palare
Discogs information (additional release)
℗ 1990 The copyright in this sound recording is owned by EMI Records Ltd. © 1990 EMI Records Ltd.
- Piccadilly Palare (Single) - Discogs release: https://www.discogs.com/release/1139603-Morrissey-Piccadilly-Palare
"Piccadilly Palare" is song by British singer Morrissey, released as a single in October 1990. The song features one of Morrissey's former colleagues from the Smiths, Andy Rourke, marking the last time any former member of the Smiths would collaborate with Morrissey. Background vocals were provided by Suggs, lead singer of the band Madness. "Piccadilly Palare" reached number 18 on the UK Singles Chart and number five in Ireland.