The Morrissey-solo Wiki is a continual work in progress, most of the data still needs to be populated. See the To Do page if you want to help.
Kiss Me A Lot (single)
|Name||Kiss Me A Lot|
|Release||27 March 2015 (Digital Download)|
|Format(s)||Digital Download, CDr Promo|
|Chart position||UK - did not chart|
The Bullfighter Dies|
Kiss Me A Lot
→Spent The Day In Bed
Morrissey began the recording of World Peace Is None Of Your Business on 1 February 2014 in France with producer Joe Chiccarelli. On 7 March 2014 it was announced that the forthcoming album was finished and provisionally set for a late June/early July release through the Harvest Records label.
Kiss Me A Lot was released as a digital single on 27 March 2015.
The official music video was posted by Sam Esty Rayner on YouTube, 5 April 2015.
stock-yard, church yard your mammy's backyard I don't care when or where I just care that you're there and that you will kiss me a lot kiss me all over my face kiss me a lot kiss me all over the place kiss me a lot I don't care where or when but when you've kissed me kiss me all over again.
- Morrissey - Vocals
- Boz Boorer - Guitars, QChord, clarinet, sax
- Jesse Tobias - Guitars
- Solomon Walker - Bass guitar
- Matt Walker - Drums, tubular bells, percussion
- Gustavo Manzur - Keyboards, piano, organ, synths, trumpet, accordion, flamenco guitar, didgeridoo, QChord, backing vocals
- Kristeen Young - Backing vocals
- Christophe Minck - Harp
- Producer - Joe Chiccarelli
- Directed by Sam Esty Rayner
Play count (Morrissey concert): 137
Morrissey live history:
- Adelaide, Australia 2016-10-26 (Morrissey concert)
- Akron, Ohio 2015-06-29 (Morrissey concert)
- Antwerp, Belgium 2014-11-26 (Morrissey concert)
- Antwerp, Belgium 2014-11-27 (Morrissey concert)
- Asunción, Paraguay 2015-12-06 (Morrissey concert)
- Athens, Greece 2014-12-15 (Morrissey concert)
- Atlanta, Georgia 2015-06-13 (Morrissey concert)
- Barcelona, Spain 2014-10-10 (Morrissey concert)
- Barcelona, Spain 2015-04-29 (Morrissey concert)
- Belfast, Northern Ireland 2015-03-24 (Morrissey concert)
- Artwork [Artwork Enhanced By] - Rob English
- Photography By - Terry Richardson
℗ 2015 Etienne
- Kiss Me A Lot - Discogs master release: https://www.discogs.com/master/815304
- Kiss Me A Lot (AAC Single 256 kbps) - Discogs release: https://www.discogs.com/release/6827477-Morrissey-Kiss-Me-A-Lot
Discogs information (additional release)
CD in plastic sleeve, often including four-pages of press/information, released to promote [r=6047296] in Japan.
- Kiss Me A Lot (Promo) - Discogs release: https://www.discogs.com/release/8589580-Morrissey-Kiss-Me-A-Lot
"Kiss Me a Lot" is a song by English singer Morrissey. It is the eighth track on his World Peace Is None of Your Business album and was released as the fifth single off the album via digital download on 26 March 2015, through Atom Factory. Of the release, Morrissey stated: "I humbly ask for all and any support with this download release, which, has always been waiting in the wings if not for unpleasant circumstances familiar enough not to be repeated here. Thank you to Atom Factory for making this happen, and here's to sound reason, good times, and music that matters."Furthermore, artwork for the download has been enhanced by Rob English at Atom Factory using a previously unseen photograph taken by Terry Richardson.On 5 April 2015, the official video for the song was announced on True-To-You, directed by Morrissey's nephew, Sam Esty Rayner. (Rayner had previously appeared as a young James Dean in his uncle's video for the song "Suedehead".)
Related Forum Threads
- Morrissey A-Z: "Kiss Me A Lot" - Morrissey-solo (May 15, 2021)