The Morrissey-solo Wiki is a continual work in progress, most of the data still needs to be populated. See the To Do page if you want to help.
Certain People I Know (single)
|Name||Certain People I Know|
|Release||7 December 1992|
|Art work||Designland, E. Riff, J. Slee|
|Vinyl Etching||WHY BOTHER TO KEEP CLEAN?|
|Format(s)||7" Vinyl, 12" Vinyl, CD|
|Chart position||UK #35|
Certain People I Know
→The More You Ignore Me, The Closer I Get
12" Vinyl, CD
[HMV 12POP1631, HMV CDPOP1631]
I take the cue from Certain people I know I use the cue And then I hand it on to you
And when I swing it So, it catches his eye Weren't you there? - You'd have died!
I trust the views of Certain people I know They look at danger And they laugh their heads off
Their clothes are imitation George the 23rd Don't you find this absurd?
I'd hate to be like Certain people I know They break their necks And can't afford to get them fixed
They'd sacrifice all Of their principles for Anything cashable I do believe it's terrible
- Directed by George Tiffin
Play count (Morrissey concert): 81
Morrissey live history:
- Antwerp, Belgium 2014-11-27 (Morrissey concert)
- Athens, Greece 2014-12-15 (Morrissey concert)
- Atlanta, Georgia 1992-11-18 (Morrissey concert)
- Auburn Hills, Michigan 1992-09-26 (Morrissey concert)
- Barcelona, Spain 2014-10-10 (Morrissey concert)
- Beaumont, Texas 2014-05-25 (Morrissey concert)
- Belfort, France 1992-07-04 (Morrissey concert)
- Berlin, Germany 2014-11-23 (Morrissey concert)
- Birmingham, England 1992-12-12 (Morrissey concert)
- Bloomington, Illinois 2015-07-11 (Morrissey concert)
- Beethoven Was Deaf
- Certain People I Know (single)
- The CD Singles '91–95'
- The HMV/Parlophone Singles '88–'95
- The Malady Lingers On
- World Of Morrissey
- Your Arsenal
- ¡The Best Of! Morrissey
- Backing Vocals - Alain Whyte
- Engineer - Peter Jones (2)
- Performer - Alain Whyte
- Performer - Boz Boorer
- Performer - Gary Day
- Performer - Spencer Cobrin
- Photography By - Linder Sterling
- Producer - Mick Ronson
- Sleeve - Designland
- Sleeve - E. Riff
- Sleeve - Jo Slee
Issued with full-colour photo and lyrics inner-sleeve.
"Certain People I Know” recorded at the Wool Hall "You've Had Her” and "Jack The Ripper” recorded at Abbey Road Studios
Ⓟ 1992 EMI Records Ltd. © 1992 EMI Records Ltd.
- Certain People I Know - Discogs master release: https://www.discogs.com/master/5266
- Certain People I Know (12" 45 RPM Single) - Discogs release: https://www.discogs.com/Morrissey-Certain-People-I-Know/release/488473
"Certain People I Know" is a single by Morrissey released in December 1992. It is the third single to be taken from the Your Arsenal album and is the third and final Morrissey single to be produced by glam rock musician Mick Ronson. Reaching number 35 in the UK Singles Chart, the song had the distinction of being Morrissey's lowest charting solo single up to that point. The track is in many ways a tribute to the influence of Marc Bolan on both Morrissey and his guitarist Boz Boorer, featuring a guitar line played by producer Mick Ronson that recalls "Ride a White Swan" by T. Rex. This was also the first Morrissey single to be released following the singer's bottling off stage at the Madstock festival when he supported Madness and the subsequent NME story regarding his alleged racism. This led to the single cover being changed from featuring the singer's name spelt out in the colours of the Union Jack to plain black writing.The video to the track was shot in Calumet Park, Chicago.
Related Forum Threads
- Morrissey A-Z: "Certain People I Know" - Morrissey-solo (Feb 10, 2021)