The Morrissey-solo Wiki is a continual work in progress, most of the data still needs to be populated. See the To Do page if you want to help.
Difference between revisions of "World Peace Is None Of Your Business (single)"
|Line 110:||Line 110:|
Revision as of 19:37, 29 May 2021
|Name||World Peace Is None Of Your Business|
|Release||13 May 2014 (Digital Download)|
|Art work||Photographer: Donnie Knutson|
|Chart position||UK #83|
Satellite Of Love (live)|
World Peace Is None Of Your Business
World Peace Is None Of Your Business was the first single released off Morrissey's tenth solo album, World Peace Is None Of Your Business. The song was produced by Joe Chiccarelli and co-written by Boz Boorer.
Morrissey began the recording of World Peace Is None Of Your Business on 1 February 2014 in France with producer Joe Chiccarelli. On 7 March 2014 it was announced that the forthcoming album was finished and provisionally set for a late June/early July release through the Harvest Records label.
World Peace Is None Of Your Business was released as a digital single on 13 May 2014. The single peaked at #83 on the UK charts.
It was included on a limited edition 4-track white label 10" EP released 07 July 2014.
World peace is none of your business
you must not tamper with arrangements work hard and sweetly pay your taxes never asking "what for?" ooh you poor little fool oh you fool world peace is none of your business police will stun you with their stun-guns or they’ll disable you with tasers that’s what government's for ooh you poor little fool oh you fool world peace is none of your business so would you kindly keep your nose out the rich must profit and get richer and the poor must stay poor ooh you poor little fool oh you fool
each time you vote you support the process each time you vote you support the process each time you vote you support the process Brazil and Bahrain Egypt, Ukraine so many people in pain
No more "you poor little fool" no more "you fool."
- Morrissey - Vocals
- Boz Boorer - Guitars, QChord, clarinet, sax
- Jesse Tobias - Guitars
- Solomon Walker - Bass guitar
- Matt Walker - Drums, tubular bells, percussion
- Gustavo Manzur - Keyboards, piano, organ, synths, trumpet, accordion, flamenco guitar, didgeridoo, QChord, backing vocals
- Kristeen Young - Backing vocals
- Christophe Minck - Harp
- Producer - Joe Chiccarelli
- Directed by Natalie Johns
Play count (Morrissey concert): 196
Morrissey live history:
- Aberdeen, Scotland 2018-02-16 (Morrissey concert)
- Adelaide, Australia 2016-10-26 (Morrissey concert)
- Akron, Ohio 2015-06-29 (Morrissey concert)
- Albuquerque, New Mexico 2014-05-14 (Morrissey concert)
- Antwerp, Belgium 2014-11-26 (Morrissey concert)
- Antwerp, Belgium 2014-11-27 (Morrissey concert)
- Asunción, Paraguay 2015-12-06 (Morrissey concert)
- Athens, Greece 2014-12-15 (Morrissey concert)
- Atlanta, Georgia 2015-06-13 (Morrissey concert)
- Austin, Texas 2014-05-24 (Morrissey concert)
- "World Peace Is None Of Your Business" single sleeve; song download listed on Amazon UK - Morrissey-solo
- www.thesmithschile.cl. (2014-07-01). "World Peace Is None Your Business" [10 Inch Vinyl Indie Exclusive] 4 track EP released (July 7, 2014). Morrissey-solo. Retrieved from morrissey-solo.com.
- Mastered By - Chris Bellman
- Producer, Mixed By - Joe Chiccarelli
Issued in a plain, die-cut sleeve with sticker on back. Barcode, FBI anti-piracy warning and manufacturing information printed on sticker.
1000 copies pressed with copies sold in the USA being numbered.
- World Peace Is None Of Your Business - Discogs master release: https://www.discogs.com/master/708899
- World Peace Is None Of Your Business (10" 45 RPM Limited Edition) - Discogs release: https://www.discogs.com/release/5885434-Morrissey-World-Peace-Is-None-Of-Your-Business
"World Peace Is None of Your Business" is a song by English singer Morrissey. It was released on 13 May 2014 as the first single from his tenth studio album of the same name (2014), through Harvest and Capitol Records. The single was accompanied by a music video, directed by Natalie Johns. The song was recorded in France with Morrissey's touring band which features guitarists Boz Boorer and Jesse Tobias, bassist Solomon Walker, drummer Matthew Walker and keyboardist Gustavo Manzur and was produced by Joe Chiccarelli, who is known for his production work for Beck and The Strokes.Due to changes in global music consumption, the physical versions of the first four singles from this album were released together as one 10" vinyl. The song was previously debuted live on 7 May 2014 at the San Jose Civic Auditorium in San Jose, California.