Zimmer/Marr and...

Discussion in 'Other Music archive (read-only)' started by Uncleskinny, Oct 12, 2014.

1. Uncleskinny

Uncleskinny It's all good Subscriber

My son (a huge Hans Zimmer fan) and I (a huge Johnny Marr fan) were down the front at the Hammersmith (Eventim) Apollo last night for a rare Hans Zimmer live performance. He had an orchestra, drummer, guitarists, bassist, string quartet and choir. Quite something. In the first half he played music from Rainman, Lion King, Gladiator and Crimson Tide, amongst others. In the second half, Johnny Marr came on an played along to songs from The Dark Knight and The Thin Red Line, as well as the encore of Inception, which Johnny took centre stage on. About halfway through the second half, Zimmer announced a 'change of pace', and the string quartet began playing some chamber piece, which then morphed into 'Happy', Johnny still playing. Then Pharrell Williams walked on and sang along, and the crowd went nuts. He stayed to do vocals on "Electro Theme" from Spiderman 2. Anyway, an amazing night. This pic (which I shouldn't have taken, against the rules) was halfway through 'Happy', you can see Zimmer, Williams and Marr.

[​IMG]

P.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2014
  2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just saw this tweet from James Russell (Morrissey 25 Live)

@JamesRussellMCD: Just filmed @RealHansZimmer @Johnny_Marr . Absolute honour. #legend #director oh and @Pharrell made a special appearance. Incredible

3. mcrickson

mcrickson Reckless Endangerment

Imagine if the ensemble broke into 'Happy' and Morrissey came out to sing it.

4. Uncleskinny

Uncleskinny It's all good Subscriber

Yes, cameras all over the place last night. The lighting effects, all around the arena, were incredible.

P.