YT:Smiths Official: The Queen Is Dead Talking Heads (R.Adams / R.Brand / S.Street / S.Maconie et al)

Probably me least fav track on the record (keep in mind it’s a fantastic record with not a poor song to be found). Love Adams as well

'Never...' was always my least fave track on the album. It always felt bitty and throw-away and a bit of an album-filler. Probably not helped by coming immediately after 'I Know...' which is a hard act to follow and a bit of a show-stopper. But after hearing what Adams said I will have to listen to it again now with fresh ears...

"Never had no one ever" and "Vicar in a tutu" were always my least favorite songs on the album, I like them, not bad by any means but far from the magic of There is a light, I know it's over, The boy... or any other on the album.
Incidentally, "Never had no one ever" is one of my favorite demos on the Deluxe edition, the trumpet really adds something to the song which is otherwise too linear and similar all the way through.
I think Adams is the first person I've heard say that was his favorite song on the album.

Updated with S.Street video 8th December.
Regards,
FWD.

Updated 9th December with Stuart Maconie.
Regards,
FWD.

No more room in the title...
Updated 10th December:
Richard Hawley re: Vicar In A Tutu.

Regards,
FWD.

"Never had no one ever" and "Vicar in a tutu" were always my least favorite songs on the album, I like them, not bad by any means but far from the magic of There is a light, I know it's over, The boy... or any other on the album.
Incidentally, "Never had no one ever" is one of my favorite demos on the Deluxe edition, the trumpet really adds something to the song which is otherwise too linear and similar all the way through.
I think Adams is the first person I've heard say that was his favorite song on the album.

I love the trumpet too. Adds to the feeling of a 'film noir' vibe I felt in the lyrics

Updated 13th December:
Bernard Butler on Cemetry Gates:

Regards,
FWD.

Updated 16th December with Sonya Madan re: I Know It's Over.

Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
Updated 20th December with John Bradley West re: Frankly...

Regards,
FWD.

Updated 10th Jan, '18 with Julie Hesmondhalgh (ex Coronation Street) re: Bigmouth...

Regards,
FWD.

Updated the 1st of March with Lucy Porter re: Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others.

Regards,
FWD.

Tags
tqid reissue

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom