Your trip to Manchester made slightly easier

Uncleskinny

It's all good
Subscriber
Google Maps Street Level has just gone live in the UK - not everywhere, but Manchester, Leeds, Bradford, Norwich, Birmingham - and others. Have a jaunt round Manchester centre - figure out the route to the S&G from the Apollo, and so forth. Very useful.

Peter

Buggers have got my flat on it.
The windows need a good cleaning.

That is absolutely incredible, how have they managed that?

Found my flat on it! It must have been an uncharacteristically sunny day in Manchester when they took the pictures. It may be similar in May but I would suggest visitors don't get lulled into a false sense of security and bring their brolly, just in case!

Just be careful when using Google Maps in the UK though... you might stumble upon drunken people vomiting on the street, while other people wear funny antlers on their heads.

ukvomit.jpg

Just be careful when using Google Maps in the UK though... you might stumble upon drunken people vomiting on the street, while other people wear funny antlers on their heads.

ukvomit.jpg

This is great - I predict a whole series of UK Google street view pics, in the same way we have a load of US ones, like the two war-reanactors fighting, or the deer being knocked over.

Peter

Ooooh, I'm so angry! They named the park I live opposite wrong! :mad: Hehe, at my Dad's house, there's a kid doing a paper round outside nextdoor's. :p

Morrissey's Manchester now on Google!!!

Has anyone had a look at the new Google Streetview? Great for stalkers lol, but its actually quite amazing, you can stroll up and down streets as if you were really there.

Here is a screenshot of 384 Kings Road:-

KingsRd.jpg

Google Maps Street Level has just gone live in the UK - not everywhere, but Manchester, Leeds, Bradford, Norwich, Birmingham - and others. Have a jaunt round Manchester centre - figure out the route to the S&G from the Apollo, and so forth. Very useful.

Peter

Peter
You should be recommending people buy ''Morrissey's Manchester''.... comes with a handy map inside:thumb:

Jukebox Jury

Peter
You should be recommending people buy ''Morrissey's Manchester''.... comes with a handy map inside:thumb:

Jukebox Jury

No one's going to have one of those fancy phones that can do this on the move are they? They still need bus tours, oh yes.

<looks at phone> - oh, wait...

Pete

How long do you think it will take me to realise if I want to see my house that badly I can just open the front door and see it from outside?

Back
Top Bottom