your top 3 worst smiths songs (non covers)??

Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now
The Boy With The Thorn In His Side
I Don't Owe You Anything

(This Charming Man just missed the cut)

Some extraordinary choices, folks. :confused:

Mine:
The Draize Train
Money Changes Everything
Oscillate Wildly

Ahhh, I can't look. It's too depressing to see 'Smiths' and 'worst' in the same sentence.

Just kidding. I love most of their songs except:
I Keep Mine Hidden
Work is a Four Letter Word
Golden Lights

These are always skipped and never get played. I just go meh. There used to be a time that I had to get up and fast forward to the next song or change the disc. Thanks to the digital age they may be in the library for completion sake, but never get played. I will pick a song from each album.

The Smiths - I Don't Owe You Anything - more like I don't owe you any airplay.

Hatful of Hollow - Accept Yourself - Accept that I always skip this song.

Meat is Murder - Meat is Murder - not because of the lyrical content but because I cannot get my jam on with cows being used as music instruments. Thankfully it is placed at the very end of the album.

The Queen is Dead - Some Girls are Bigger Than Others - Just not a fan... the fade out the fade in the placement... to me it is a throwaway track. It is the weakest song to me on a very strong album.

The World Won't Listen - Money Changes Everything - I get it Marr can play a guitar... not what I was looking for on the CD though..

Louder than Bombs - Oscillate Wildly - See Money Changes Everything

Strangeways Here We Come - Death at One's Elbow - Oh Glenn what the f*** is going on here? Seriously?

Stop Me - Work is Four Letter Word - Dreadful... If I had been in the recording studio I would have walked out right along with Marr.

Honorable Mention to Jeane

This thread is a bit oxymoronic.

It's just like Woody Allen said about orgasms..."even my worst one was right on the ticker."

This thread is a bit oxymoronic.

It's just like Woody Allen said about orgasms..."even my worst one was right on the ticker."

I gotta disagree... there are a few clunkers in the Smiths catalog. The overall catalog obviously shines but there are a few misses.

I gotta disagree... there are a few clunkers in the Smiths catalog. The overall catalog obviously shines but there are a few misses.

He actually said right on the money, not ticker.

Anyway, I'm just saying...for me, personally, even the worst one was great. I'm not debating that they didn't have some problem songs.

You just said Asleep and Accept yourself... they're between my favourites..
I really can't vote on this one

No lie, I have it in my will that "Asleep" be played at my memorial.

Back
Top Bottom