Your Top 10 Shittiest Bands

• Thread starter Sick of 'Best Of' Polls
  • Start date
S

Sick of 'Best Of' Polls

In lieu of another 'Best Of Top 10', how about a Top 10 Shittiest...

01) The Strokes
02) The Darkness
03) Poison
04) Motley Crue
05) Crash Test Dummies (mm mm mm mm, blame Canada!)
06) Back Street Boys
07) NSYNC
08) Aerosmith
09) Limp Bisquick
10) Franz Ferdinand

Dimitrij, he is putting of the band Morrissey up number one!

Is ultimate in the shit.

At last someone asked.

Bands:

1) The Grateful Dead
2) Bob Marley and the Wailers
3) The Cure
4) Matchbox 20
5) Limp Bizkit
6) System of a Down
7) Jefferson Airplane/Starship
Eight*) Linkin Park
9) The Bee-Gees
10) Edie Brickell & The New Bohemians

Solo Artists:

1) Barry Manilow
2) Madonna
3) Peter Murphy
4) Paul McCartney
5) Neil Diamond
6) Britney Spears
7) Bjork
Eight*) Kid Rock
9) Andrew Ridgely
10) Sting

Actually, the only correct answer is "Too many to list and far too difficult to rank."

* I deny you, emoticon.

01) The Strokes
02) The Darkness
03) The Vines
04) The White Stripes
05) Crash Test Dummies (mm mm mm mm, blame Canada!)
06) Back Street Boys
07) NSYNC
08) Interpol
09) Hot Hot Shit
10) Franz Ferdinand ...........

11) Rap(except run dmc/3rd bass and ice cube)
12) Sum 41
13) Good Carlotte(and all the rest of these "punk" bands)

f*** YOU... The Cure are up there with The Smiths

> At last someone asked.

> Bands:

> 1) The Grateful Dead
> 2) Bob Marley and the Wailers
> 3) The Cure

My opinion of course.

The Cure were good when I was 17. Now I'm 30. Their material has NOT aged well over the years.

Bob Marley and the Wailers? You must be having a laugh, they're legends.. how can you compare Bob Marley to f***ing Jefferson Airplane?

> At last someone asked.

> Bands:

> 1) The Grateful Dead
> 2) Bob Marley and the Wailers
> 3) The Cure
> 4) Matchbox 20
> 5) Limp Bizkit
> 6) System of a Down
> 7) Jefferson Airplane/Starship
> Eight*) Linkin Park
> 9) The Bee-Gees
> 10) Edie Brickell & The New Bohemians

> Solo Artists:

> 1) Barry Manilow
> 2) Madonna
> 3) Peter Murphy
> 4) Paul McCartney
> 5) Neil Diamond
> 6) Britney Spears
> 7) Bjork
> Eight*) Kid Rock
> 9) Andrew Ridgely
> 10) Sting

> Actually, the only correct answer is "Too many to list and far too
> difficult to rank."

> * I deny you, emoticon.

1) U2 (Just die. Please.)
2) Metallica (I have to put up with them all the time from my f***ing father)
3) Guns N Roses (See above)
4) Slayer (There's a theme here...)
5) The Strokes (Oh! Look at us! We're so cool! No, yr not. Piss off)
6) Stereophonics (Why are they still here?)
7) Rammstein (Scary German shite)
Placebo (A band with a demented sex dwarf as their frontman does not do it for me)
9) McFly (If yr gonna rip off another shite pop band at least pick a better one than Busted)
10) The Libertines (I can't be the only one that's pissed off with all the "drama" surely?)

Maybe you're hearing has deteriorated over the years!

It may seem difficult to compare Jefferson Airplane and Bob Marley and The Wailers, but of course it's easy if one considers their one dominant and uniting characteristic: they both suck.

Re: f*** YOU... The Cure are up there with The Smiths

Relax. It's not like I put them at number one on my shit list.

As a band, The Cure receive far too much credit for having ripped off a constellation of greater talents such as New Order, to name but one.

Certainly one cannot say The Cure are "up there" with The Smiths, for the simple reason that The Smiths were a tightly-knit band known for their virtuosity. The Cure are not really a band at all, but a collection of musicians supporting that Revlon Rimbaud, Mr. Robert Smith.

As a singer and lyricist, Smith is an embarrassing pseudo-intellectual with a voice to set God's teeth on edge. He is not a genuine talent. He is a third-rate graduate student with a silly fixation on Halloween. And without a stable of French writers to pillage, Smith would have no words to write whatsoever. I'd like to give him credit as being the first to discover the hidden link between existentialism and ice hockey, but I suspect his innovation is only due to the fact that he has a solid grasp of one and not the other.

Deep down Smith must know this, which is why he is so bitter that Morrissey and The Smiths get far more attention in the music press. Fortunately, from the looks of him, Smith seems to have discovered the consolation of beer and chicken wings.

You're comparing a music that captured the rebellion and essence of working downtrodden peoples of an era in an unbelievably stark way, with a band of american titbags who wrote a song called "we built this city on rock and roll". You may not like Bob Marley, but that's a different thing, you can't compare a legend who brought the issues of Jamaica to the outside world with fluidity and talent with a bunch of talentless cocks.

> It may seem difficult to compare Jefferson Airplane and Bob Marley and The
> Wailers, but of course it's easy if one considers their one dominant and
> uniting characteristic: they both suck.

Cheers for the civil response.

You're bringing politics into it. In that light, I have no choice but to agree. If music is the United Nations, then Bob Marley would be Dag f***ing Hammarskjold.

My objection is narrower than that: I find his music unlistenable. It's a matter of taste. I admire the politics of The Clash, for instance, but I wouldn't give a toss if they hadn't put out a clutch of amazing records.

If Marley brought the plight of Jamaicans to the world then he deserves my respect. I just think he and his band were, well, shitty.

And I'm not really comparing Marley to Jefferson Airplane-- again, they have one characteristic, the one I mentioned. If the question were, "The Ten Worst American Titbags" then Marley certainly would not (of course, could not) have been on the same list. But the post asked us to list the ten shittiest bands ever.

By that criterion, Marley certainly makes the cut-- unimaginative, repetitive ditties that all sound utterly alike to my ears. His musical legacy is a sacred cow that ought to be put under the knife. It won't be, but that's what remote corners of the Internet like this one are for.

Back
Top Bottom