Your Tips For 2008

Discussion in 'Other Music archive (read-only)' started by Robert Neville, Jan 5, 2008.

1. nowherefast944

nowherefast944 Banned

isn't this the scum who talked tons of garbage on Moz recently? I think there was a main page story if i'm not mistaken?
    and i listened to him latest CD, wasn't anything special, IMO

2. nowherefast944

nowherefast944 Banned

i'd love to see The French Kicks get a little more attention. they've always been a favorite of mine. put pretty good album last year.

3. PregnantForTheLastTime

PregnantForTheLastTime Hideous trait.

No- I think there is also a band called 1990s, which may be what you are thinking of, but I don't recall anything like that on the main page.

The 1900s are a more of a 60s-folky pop thing. I don't know why, but the Chicago music scene is very folky right now.

4. nowherefast944

nowherefast944 Banned

ah you're right. my apologies!

The 1900s sound interesting. i'll check them out later when i'm done 'working'

5. Ethan Poe

Ethan Poe New Member

I have a tie for big bands this year...The View has another album coming out and I personally feel they are going to blow the Fratellis out of the water again this year. Also I don't know if she will put out another album this year but St. Vincent is my pick for the best up and coming artist at the moment

6. soundofthenorth

soundofthenorth I'm Not Sorry

view will blow the fratellis again? im sorry but the fratellis were "surfing the water" and the view pretty much "rowed the boat" :clap:

7. Ethan Poe

Ethan Poe New Member

posh The View was able to produce a far more interesting album with a lower budget than the Fratellis. On top of that songs like comin down, and superstar tradesman were just stellar. That defense being made after some dialogue on the matter I have been made aware that there should be a new St. Vincent album next year. That is now is second to or possibly on par with the next Morrissey album in terms of excitement for me

8. the judge

the judge New Member

My favs are (musically, I don't like the lyrics): Claudia, Wasted Little DJs

9. prue4ever

prue4ever Can't Stop Feeling

I really hope that Franz Ferdinand does great this year.

10. down_in_albion

down_in_albion Clandestine global evil

Jo Lean and the Jing Jang Jong, Vampire Weekend, Black Kids, Ting Tings. I would have said The Cribs and Reverend and the Makers but they both made it big last year I guess. Outside chances are The Social and These New Puritans.