Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds
Depeche Mode
New Order
The Bluetones
Erasure
Pulp
Oasis
Talking Heads

There hasn't been a really good new band since The Bluetones started.

The Stooges, Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band, Gogol Bordello, The Damned, The Kinks, Brian Jonestown Massacre, The Velvet Underground, MC5, The Doors, The Shangri-La's, The Buzzcocks, The Fall, The New York Dolls, Sparks, David Bowie, The Beatles, T-Rex, Magazine, The Cure, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Funkadelic, Sandie Shaw, The Shirelles, The Teddy Bears, The Cookies, Pixies, Talking Heads, Bob Dylan, X-Ray Spex, Odetta, The Exploited, Robert Johnson, Dead Kennedys, Pulp, Siouxsie & The Banshees, Gene Vincent, Public Enemy, Smokey Robinson, The Specials, The Libertines, Chuck Berry, Buddy Holly, The Aggravators, The Upsetters, The Skatalites, Nina Simone, Jackson 5, Ike & Tina, Alice Cooper (early glam), Billie Holiday, Leonard Cohen, Suicidal Tendencies, Lupen Crook, White Stripes, Bonny "Prince" Billy, The Misfits, The Breeders, Neneh Cherry, Elvis, Beck... some more I can't think of.

Edit: How could I forget The Clash, Ramones or PIL?! :eek: Do they go without saying?:p I'm hanging my head in shame!:D

Last edited:
Hüsker Dü
Ryan Harvey
Crass
Radical Dance Faction
Tom Frampton
Inner Terrestrials
Phil Ochs
Citizen Fish
Dead Kennedys
Black Flag
Adolescents
Minutemen
Bad Religion
Conflict
Meat Puppets
etc etc

NICK CAVE & ALL HIS PROJECTS
JOHNNY CASH
HANK WILLIAMS
GRACE JONES
GOGOL BORDELLO
THE FALL
REVEREND HORTON HEAT
DEMENTED ARE GO
THE METEORS
THE CRAMPS
HAZEL O CONNER
THE PIXIES
THE CARPENTERS and the list goes on

I must say: I love a lot.

But i prefer these the most:

SUEDE (seen them on stage about 80 times, met them in hotels, in tv studios, backstage, everywhere).

And:
ELVIS PRESLEY
JOHHNY CASH
BRETT ANDERSON
THE DOORS
MERCURY REV
BOWIE
...to name a few

The Boss
Gaslight Anthem
Bloc Party
The Cribs
American Nightmare
Minus the Bear
and Obviously New Found Glory. Their new album is a cracker.

i could not even begin to make a proper list,though some of the usual suspects are...
magnetic fields
the ocean blue
trashcan sinatras
luna
versus
belle and sebastian
heavenly
zombies

etc,etc etc....

I copied and pasted from my facebook:

Abba, The Beach Boys, The Beatles, Black Sabbath, David Bowie, Jeff Buckley, Jimmy Buffett, The Cars, Johnny Cash, Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds, Leonard Cohen, The Cure, Death Cab for Cutie, Depeche Mode, Disturbed, The Doors, Duran Duran, Bob Dylan, Echo & the Bunnymen, Elliot, Erasure, Flight of the Concords, Peter Gabriel, Robyn Hitchcock & the Egyptians, Buddy Holly, Interpol, James, Joy Division, Keane, The Kingston Trio, The La's, John Lennon, Modest Mouse, The Moody Blues, New Order, The New York Dolls, Night Ranger, Roy Orbison, Orchestral Manouevers in the Dark (OMD), Ours, Pet Shop Boys, Pink Floyd, The Police, Elvis Presley, The Psychedelic Furs, R.E.M., Radiohead, The Rolling Stones, Simon And Garfunkel, Smashing Pumpkins, Bruce Springsteen, The Sundays, Talking Heads, The The, U2, The Velvet Underground, Roger Waters, The Weepies, XTC, Yazoo (Yaz), Neil Young, Warren Zevon, and many more.

Failure/On/Year of the Rabbit/Ken Andrews (any Ken Andrews project)
Dredg
Silverchair
Antony and the Johnsons
Girl in a Coma
Tegan and Sara
City and Colour
Sleater Kinney
The Ramones
The Beatles
The Doors
New Order
Depeche Mode
Avenged Sevnefold
Steely Dan
and so on...

Elvis
David Bowie
PULP
Tindersticks
Richard Hawley

The main ones would be: Shiina Ringo/Tokyo Jihen, Jaurim, Metric, Radiohead, Momoe Yamaguchi, Namie Amuro, MALICE MIZER, LUNA SEA, Chiyo Okumura, Alizee, Baby V.O.X, The Supremes, Jung Hoonhee, Faye Wong, David Bowie, Depeche Mode.

Plus many many more. Here's some links to music geek sites I'm on.
rateyourmusic
last.fm

Led Zeppelin
AC/DC
Manic Street Preachers
Janis Joplin
Jeff Buckley
Joni Mitchell
Queen
You Am I

Back
Top Bottom