Your Morrissey shrine

Thanks Tom, Gregor. I never thought about it, but it IS a pretty shrine-like arrangement. Candles and the triptych setting. I'd like to think a view of Bona Drag-era Morrissey sets the tone for a nice relaxing bubble bath... but I don't know that the guests agree...:lbf:

Well, Piccadilly Palare.

Come on! Wanna see!

Okay, but don't make fun of it. And it's not like a shrine shrine, it's just the top of my bookshelf and it's not like I pray at it or anything, I just burn my incense and light candles there because it's safe. Morrissey is in the middle, it's like Where's Waldo a little bit, all the other images around him represent him in a way. It's complicated and I won't go into it and I'm NOT like some batty witch, it's just a way to organize my brain about him. :o

4264131280_c1dbbb60d4.jpg

Here's a close-up of the actual Morrissey part. :p

4264135874_5abeb8cd85.jpg

Okay, but don't make fun of it. And it's not like a shrine shrine, it's just the top of my bookshelf and it's not like I pray at it or anything, I just burn my incense and light candles there because it's safe. Morrissey is in the middle, it's like Where's Waldo a little bit, all the other images around him represent him in a way. It's complicated and I won't go into it and I'm NOT like some batty witch, it's just a way to organize my brain about him. :o

I like how subtle it is. It's a good use of physical imagery. Bravo!

Agreed - I like the subtlety as well, and the thought behind it!

I like how subtle it is. It's a good use of physical imagery. Bravo!

Agreed - I like the subtlety as well, and the thought behind it!

Thanks. He's the only living person or thing represented on it. Actually, the image is from one of those afterparty postcards shoved in my hands after a concert. :p I have a larger Years of Refusal LP propped up on a different bookshelf so I can get a good look at him everyday. :o

I like it. :) the frame is reallyyyy pretty.

I have that picture by my bed!

Nice, I think I'd like your Morrissey space. Mines rather tiny, and unfufilling.

I miss mine, it's a shame it was never really as tidy as that. Also, the majority of the stuff is internet prints.

Are those seed packets in between with the roses on them? I love this. :love:

Actually they are old pics of seed packets..I grow antique roses and you don't want to see the shrine I have on those LOL!
All the Morrissey stuff is all stuff JJ has sent me over the years.

Actually they are old pics of seed packets..I grow antique roses and you don't want to see the shrine I have on those LOL!

I think I just did. If anyone is a beautiful antique rose, it's Morrissey. :p

Best. Hobby. Ever.

How beautiful. :sweet:

Tags
mute emo 616
Back
Top Bottom