Your latest Morrissey/Smiths buy

hsinpromo2lt4.jpg

hsinpromovk9.jpg

Thanks to Gerry!

thanks to our VivaBob just added a few more pieces to my collection.

I was well pleased with the U.S. cd of Rott with the different sleeve but I'm more wow'ed with the biggy Quarry cd, I can't work out why they'd do a bigger than usual copy, anyone know why? I'm off to the pash site to see if it's got the answer?

love

Grim

I was well pleased with the U.S. cd of Rott with the different sleeve but I'm more wow'ed with the biggy Quarry cd, I can't work out why they'd do a bigger than usual copy, anyone know why? I'm off to the pash site to see if it's got the answer?

I dunno, but it's damn irritating. My Earls Court CD is also in that bigger-than-normal paperboard sleeve, and they don't fit very well on my CD tower shelves. IIRC, I had to look hard for undamaged copies at the store when I bought them, because they didn't fit well in the slots and got very dinged up on the sides.

I dunno, but it's damn irritating. My Earls Court CD is also in that bigger-than-normal paperboard sleeve, and they don't fit very well on my CD tower shelves. IIRC, I had to look hard for undamaged copies at the store when I bought them, because they didn't fit well in the slots and got very dinged up on the sides.

Yeah I tried to put it in my cd box but it won't fit so for now it's in the 7" box until I find a better home. So the Earls Court is the same, ok so how do I source a top copy, please? :)

love

Grim

I haven't looked for one recently. Should I? Come to think of it, I think that's the only format in which it was released in the US.

well I'd like a copy if you happen by one?

love

Grim

Australian CD ( 4 songs) of Certain people I know
7'' Australian vinyl - ASK ( CBS 1986 cover)
12'' German vinyl - What difference...? ( Moz on cover)

Viva Hate 12" on Sire, unopened, still in plastic
Rank 12" on Sire, unopened, still in plastic
Greek pressing of Viva Hate 12"

AKA music in Philadelphia has had them out for a few days now.

i think they start selling their new releases a few days early

That's just it--the release date was officially 03/25, but I've read some reports of stores not stocking it until April 1st. Usually my local Best Buy is very good about stocking new releases on the release date.

It was beautiful to see a huge Greatest Hits poster on the front window of Virgin...I thought I'd never see that living in Arizona :rolleyes:

I have a a copy of the oversized Quarry album on cd. My only explanation for this release is that it is in the same dimensions as a vinyl LP. The cd itself is in a plastic sleeve like a vinyl record would, (the regular release came in a card sleeve) while the booklet is the same as the Jewel case release, so it's too small for the slot into which it sits. I bought it in HMV in Manchester as an import. The Copyright notice is worded for the US and it is made in the US but it has the same cover as the regular release. I am selling most of my stuff so if anyone wants this let me know. Gerry

Tags
the smiths vinyl
Back
Top Bottom