Your latest Morrissey/Smiths buy

Wasn't the ROTT-version with the two "making of the video" videos limited aswell?:rolleyes:

It was the "deluxe edition", which is similar to a "special edition" but different than a "limited edition". It's all just record label speak. Rarely is anything numbered or marked "limited edition" worth anything.

I jusy got the fake Green Vinyl copy of MIM from Sis Rays, I bloody paid for it in May & had to remind them about it! Anyhoo it arrived today.
I'm still awaiting on that multi-coloured one coming in though!

love

Grim
P.s. I got another 12" IJWTSTBH as well, sheesh!

"Handsome Devils" French Promo CD was in the letterbox this morning... :D.

Lucky you, I've been after that promo for some time, unfortunately every time they now appear, they fetch silly money. It's my own thought, I was offered a sealed copy for very reasonable money a few years back but wasn't in a financial position to spend the money. Oh well, I'll keep on looking.

The own purchases in the last 10 days:

Let Me Kiss You - UK promo (yellow writing)
Let Me Kiss You - UK promo (pink writing)
First of the Gang - UK 1 track acetate promo
Live in Earls Court - UK promo in cardboard sleeve

It was the "deluxe edition", which is similar to a "special edition" but different than a "limited edition". It's all just record label speak. Rarely is anything numbered or marked "limited edition" worth anything.

"Deluxe edition", Thanks.

It's the Rough trade Compilation LP with various artists (Holland Rough Trade, LP: MD7982). Miserable Lie in live at the Oxford Apollo on 18 march 1985 sounds really good. I bought it 35 euros.

Hi Grim,

I think I might have unwittingly confused you, what I actual bought was 'First of the Gang' advanced 1 track promo cd-r. I used the term acetate as that is what Eil are calling them (not that the cd came from them) and assumed that was the correct terminology. However just looking at other dealer web pages, this may be incorrect. If so, I apologise.

However if this is what you want a scan of, let me know and I will be happy to oblige.

Hi Grim,

I think I might have unwittingly confused you, what I actual bought was 'First of the Gang' advanced 1 track promo cd-r. I used the term acetate as that is what Eil are calling them (not that the cd came from them) and assumed that was the correct terminology. However just looking at other dealer web pages, this may be incorrect. If so, I apologise.

However if this is what you want a scan of, let me know and I will be happy to oblige.

hi EDLS right I see, I was hoping it was for the 7" single tbh, I think I'd just let my imagination run away with itself! No need for the cd-r scan, well not for my sakes now, unless anyone else would like to see it? Thanks for the update & offer of the scan though.

cheers

love

Grim

ROTT pre release promo CD, unlike the common one this CD comes in a white custom sleeve, individually named (BBC 1 presenter) and numbered with typo's in the tracklisting on sleeve and disc.

The smiths Greatest Hits
Morrissey Greatest Hits

Which is a bit sad really, But birthday soon so lots more morrissey/smiths albums for me :)

but at the moment "You Are The Quarry" is my favourite :rolleyes:

Hi elvisje,

That sounds like the cd I was after. I imagine they only send one copy per radio station. I hand it in my mitts about 3 weeks ago at the Oxford record fair, but the dealer wanted (in my humble opinion), too much money for it. I offered him in fair price (in my eyes), but he refused to budge. Oh well never mind, I hope you got it for a decent price. I'm not to upset as I still managed to buy 3 other promo's from him.

Hi elvisje,

That sounds like the cd I was after. I imagine they only send one copy per radio station. I hand it in my mitts about 3 weeks ago at the Oxford record fair, but the dealer wanted (in my humble opinion), too much money for it. I offered him in fair price (in my eyes), but he refused to budge. Oh well never mind, I hope you got it for a decent price. I'm not to upset as I still managed to buy 3 other promo's from him.

I doubt it was, as I had purchased my copy online some two months ago. I paid GBP 19, which is not cheap but given that I had not seen that cd before or after my purchase, I still feel its a good buy... My copy belonged to a female Radio 1 presenter to be precise.

I doubt it was, as I had purchased my copy online some two months ago. I paid GBP 19, which is not cheap but given that I had not seen that cd before or after my purchase, I still feel its a good buy... My copy belonged to a female Radio 1 presenter to be precise.

are her initials J. L.?

love

Grim

The name of a Radio 1 DJ printed on the back of the promo cd I tried to buy was a bloke. They must send these out to various DJs even if they work for the same radio station, which I suppose makes sense. If yours does belong to J.L then I'm very jealous.

The dealer with the copy I saw wanted double what you paid, I offered £20 which I, like you, think is a fair price but as I said, he unfortunately declined. Maybe in the future?

EDLS's earlier post got me thinking about the 1st of the gang promo's, so I checked the passions site...
Promotion:
UK and Europe: Four different cds were sent to radio for promotion. Two of them feature only the title track. The difference between them is that one has Morrissey's name written in a serif font and the title given simply as "First Of The Gang" and the other has Morrissey's name and the full title in Old English. The other two promos feature all four single tracks. The difference between them is found in the cd label's text layout. All promos are numbered ATKPX003.
So I dug out my promo's, oh bugger, 4 different ones, I've got 3, so now I need the 4th, can anyone out there help me?
here's the 4 track promo I've got
1stg1f.jpg

this is the cd label text layout I've got
1stg1.jpg

so if you've got a spare different label layout, please get in touch.

love

Grim

here's the single track promo's
1stg3.jpg

1stg2.jpg

the actual cd's are the same as the passions site says
1stg2a.jpg

love

Grim

Tags
the smiths vinyl
Back