Your latest Morrissey/Smiths buy

A record store in Franfurt has "Vauxhall & I" for for sale (100 Euro vinyl 1994). The general condition is good (not mint but near very good). It took me 30 minutes to think the situation over and I left the shop without the record. I can't sleep tonight.

A record store in Franfurt has "Vauxhall & I" for for sale (100 Euro vinyl 1994). The general condition is good (not mint but near very good). It took me 30 minutes to think the situation over and I left the shop without the record. I can't sleep tonight.

You may not have slept last night, but this morning you woke with one hundred bucks still your pocket... I'd wait for a lesser price.

P.S. your profile pic appears to display the anxiety in your decision making over this LP!

You may not have slept last night, but this morning you woke with one hundred bucks still your pocket... I'd wait for a lesser price.
P.S. your profile pic appears to display the anxiety in your decision making over this LP!

"Your possibly latest Morrissey buy"

Thank you. It's the expression of the eternally doubting, shy Morrissey fan (old school).
Here in Germany, SG, Quarry, Beethoven and more rarely Maladjusted and Vauxhall turn up from time to time for 100 euros (never less) in larger second-hand shops. There is no real way to buy them "live" for 50 or 75 euros. I feel like a second class fan this morning with the "original" 1994 CD and the vinyl reissue. A miserable feeling.

Such experiences in record shops cannot be compensated by soulless Discogs purchases. The moment you discover Morrissey vinyl from the 90s.

P.S.
The official grading should be VG+

NME Department Of Enjoyment cassette 1984 UK w/ Girl Afraid [Live] - £9
NME Readers' Poll Winners 1984 UK 7" (M) w/ What She Said [Live] - £3
Compilation Rough Trade 1986 CA LP (NM) w/ Miserable Lie [Live] - $8 CAD
The Smiths Peel Sessions 1988 CD UK - $11 USD
Club Bang! Rarities Vol. 2 Promo 2003 CD US w/ Shakespeare's Sister [Live] - $13 USD
The Old Grey Whistle Test: The Anthems 2013 CD w/ Bigmouth Strikes Again [Live] - $11 USD

Finally managed to get my paws on a copy of New York Dolls. I was fully expecting to pay a lot more than the price I paid. Very happy 😀.

IMG_20210914_191731_817.jpg

(y)

good purchase.

i assume you have all box sets, jap rarities, original V&I vinyl, Vegas 45-befitting a grade A Moz fan/collector:trophy:
not reissues and/or rus knock offs signaling a mediocre, broke type of fan/collector🤬

:hammer:

Discovered this whilst on a short trip to London:

Glamorous Glue 7" promo

The seller wanted £200 but I managed to haggle the price down to £180 which looking at Discogs, seemed a decent price? Especially as it is in beautiful condition.

Now just seen someone has one on Ebay for £900 :openmouth:

Attachments

• 20220419_172534.jpg
    20220419_172534.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Discovered this whilst on a short trip to London:

Glamorous Glue 7" promo

The seller wanted £200 but I managed to haggle the price down to £180 which looking at Discogs, seemed a decent price? Especially as it is in beautiful condition.

Now just seen someone has one on Ebay for £900 :openmouth:
Congratulation that´s a good price. The one on Ebay for 900 pounds will never sell, the price is way to high.

A bunch of Morrissey Japanese magazine clippings
An England is Mine Japanese movie poster
90`s Morrissey newspaper clippings from English newspapers
Some Morrissey fanzines
Morrissey postcards

Does it have the En Double Vinyle Vert • 180 GR sticker on ?. I picked three different ones up (technically) the week of release. HMV. Teale one with identical cat number to the 2016 reissue (sticker over the cat no) & finally, the latter one, with the sticker in the top right hand corner.

1653906961891.jpeg

Alright, so you ordered it from GB. There are some retailers here in the EU that still sell the album for appr. 32 € + postage. Not sure how much that would be to Down Under.
The version i got does not have an hmv OBi strip. According to discogs there are three "versions" out, the one with the obi strip, one with a retailer sticker and a naked one. I am pleased to say that i was able to grab a naked one, and it comes in unlimited numbers, they say.

Alright, so you ordered it from GB. There are some retailers here in the EU that still sell the album for appr. 32 € + postage. Not sure how much that would be to Down Under.
The version i got does not have an hmv OBi strip. According to discogs there are three "versions" out, the one with the obi strip, one with a retailer sticker and a naked one. I am pleased to say that i was able to grab a naked one, and it comes in unlimited numbers, they say.
It's all about the teal for me. $60 AUD is a pretty good price compared to all the others but if u can get it for $32 then great!

Does it have the En Double Vinyle Vert • 180 GR sticker on ?. I picked three different ones up (technically) the week of release. HMV. Teale one with identical cat number to the 2016 reissue (sticker over the cat no) & finally, the latter one, with the sticker in the top right hand corner.

View attachment 81739
Are your discs green per the sticker colour or teal?

Tags
the smiths vinyl
Back
Top Bottom