Your latest Morrissey/Smiths buy

Its the 12x12 artcard that came with the green vinyl from HMV
Ah ok thanks, thought it might be another edition of the vinyl. So the vinyls not available in black... (other than the test)...?

Test Press1.jpg
LIHS (1024x768).jpg

As usual, someone is selling a TP on eBay for $700.00. I F'ing HATE flippers.

As usual, someone is selling a TP on eBay for $700.00. I F'ing HATE flippers.

On this occasion, I don’t care if they’re listed on eBay at £1000, I wouldn’t buy one at £200 so it makes no difference. For me, the retail price was a piss taking joke, so I’ll direct my annoyance there. And if they were £50 start with, they’d “only” be getting flipped for £200-300, (and would we still be complaining..) The $700 prices were seeing is a result of the ridiculous retail price to start with. Greed all round.

I only need, and really want, a Hold Onto Your Friends promo.
Did it set you back much, if you don't mind me asking?
I remember someone on here buying one for about £350 from Reckless in Soho a few years ago and people were saying that was quite cheap!

£515 for the Hold On, Trex sleeve & Love Life.

Which isn’t bad when you break it down.

On this occasion, I don’t care if they’re listed on eBay at £1000, I wouldn’t buy one at £200 so it makes no difference. For me, the retail price was a piss taking joke, so I’ll direct my annoyance there. And if they were £50 start with, they’d “only” be getting flipped for £200-300, (and would we still be complaining..) The $700 prices were seeing is a result of the ridiculous retail price to start with. Greed all round.
I totally agree with you on the retail price. This was the first Morrissey record I haven't pre ordered. It would of been different if it was a color variant, black vinyl and a lead off single with a non lp b-side, not a live track b-side. This was the biggest scam I have ever seen a recording artist offer. I wouldn't give a dime for for it. I just don't like flippers in general or eBay for buying records, unless it is an auction that starts at $1.00 or something like that. Like eBay use to be. I don't even look at records that are set to buy it now.

Last edited:

515 quid for all three? I would say that is a bargain. I paid $175 for my Hold On 7" promo in 2002, around the same for my T-Rex sleeve and around $75 for my Love Life promo. Of all the vinyl promos from Suedehead to Have A Go, the hardest one for me to find in NM condition was Our Frank and it was the most expensive. I paid I think $325 for it in 2009.

Yeah that's decent. There is a T-Rex sleeve on ebay now which is already up to £155 with 3 days to go. I reckon it will hit £200 or so when the times up.
I got mine for £150 a few years ago, and I was happy with that. It was you that put me onto it, in fact.

Yep, 200 quid was an utter piss take, it put me off going up there at all.
Those TP's cost about a quid a piece to press. The profit on the signed TP's alone will be shit loads. It's the first time I actually felt the fans were being fleeced.

Yeah that's decent. There is a T-Rex sleeve on ebay now which is already up to £155 with 3 days to go. I reckon it will hit £200 or so when the times up.
I got mine for £150 a few years ago, and I was happy with that. It was you that put me onto it, in fact.

I know, its got a little nick on the sleeve tho, that would put me right off.

Bloody South American printing presses!

Tags
the smiths vinyl
Back
Top Bottom