Your latest Morrissey/Smiths buy

Not really a buy but rather a completed project.

Morrissey: The Lyrics, 416 Pages, featuring all lyrics from the solo years

That is stunning Johnny. I've wanted to do the same for some time now, ever since buying a similar item from the band Suede. Can you share any info on how you did it - online store, local bookbinding? Are the songs listed chronologically - did you list the singles after each album, even if the single came first? What about songs where the lyrics have changed - eg Ouija Board?

Can you produce extra copies?

Dave

That is stunning Johnny. I've wanted to do the same for some time now, ever since buying a similar item from the band Suede. Can you share any info on how you did it - online store, local bookbinding? Are the songs listed chronologically - did you list the singles after each album, even if the single came first? What about songs where the lyrics have changed - eg Ouija Board?

Can you produce extra copies?

Dave

Thank for your positive feedback, Dave! I did the book binding by myself as well as the layout of the book.

The songs are devided into the following chapters:

Studio albums: Viva Hate up to World Peace in chronological order. Every original release is followed by its reissue(s) given that there are additional songs such as b-sides, demo etc. (e.g. the original viva hate release is followed by the 1997 and 2012 reissues adding the additional songs) That's how I tried to fit in most of the b-sides. I know it's not the best way since the bonus tracks don't always relate to the specific era of the album, but it's the most efficient way to avoid song doublings.

Compilation albums: Bona Drag up to Swords in chronological order. Same structural order as for the studio albums. No best of/greatest hits albums because of unnecessary doublings.

B-Sides: All b-sides which neither appear on any expanded edition, reissue nor compilation album.

Cover versions: All cover versions, whether officially released or not.

Unreleased: Everything unreleased but circulating.

Unheard: Songs known to exist but not circulating.

The book further features a short discography and of course an song index. To some of the songs there are short notes featuring interview statements or trivia.

If you want a copy or further information on the book just pm me. Feel free to ask me any questions!

- - - Updated - - -

I would love a copy! Please let us know if you can get more copies printed!

If you want a copy, please send me a pm. Thanks!

Thank for your positive feedback, Dave! I did the book binding by myself as well as the layout of the book.

The songs are devided into the following chapters:

Studio albums: Viva Hate up to World Peace in chronological order. Every original release is followed by its reissue(s) given that there are additional songs such as b-sides, demo etc. (e.g. the original viva hate release is followed by the 1997 and 2012 reissues adding the additional songs) That's how I tried to fit in most of the b-sides. I know it's not the best way since the bonus tracks don't always relate to the specific era of the album, but it's the most efficient way to avoid song doublings.

Compilation albums: Bona Drag up to Swords in chronological order. Same structural order as for the studio albums. No best of/greatest hits albums because of unnecessary doublings.

B-Sides: All b-sides which neither appear on any expanded edition, reissue nor compilation album.

Cover versions: All cover versions, whether officially released or not.

Unreleased: Everything unreleased but circulating.

Unheard: Songs known to exist but not circulating.

The book further features a short discography and of course an song index. To some of the songs there are short notes featuring interview statements or trivia.

If you want a copy or further information on the book just pm me. Feel free to ask me any questions!

- - - Updated - - -

If you want a copy, please send me a pm. Thanks!

This is really impressive, I'm certainly interested in having a copy. I really don't know why Moz has not done something similar himself? He could do a really great job and give a paragraph explaining the reason behind each song. I'm pretty sure it would sell by the bucketful. Brett Anderson has created a lyric book for the Suede songs and has even signed each copy. It is a really nice item.

This is really impressive, I'm certainly interested in having a copy. I really don't know why Moz has not done something similar himself? He could do a really great job and give a paragraph explaining the reason behind each song. I'm pretty sure it would sell by the bucketful. Brett Anderson has created a lyric book for the Suede songs and has even signed each copy. It is a really nice item.

John Shuttleworth has a great one too - Honed Lyrics!

November Spooned a Mozter - Italian 7" (promo)

e64v94.jpg

From top to bottom, clockwise:
UK 7", EEC 7", Italy 7" (promo) and Portugal 7" (promo)

Would possibly trade this for something like a GFIAC misprinted 7", i sold mine a few month ago and instantly regretted it, same goes for the HOTYF 7" Promo, or a Japan Jigsaw.....etc

Speaking of misprinted GFIAC, what was the deal with this one? It doesn't seem to have the two b-sides, so do you guys think it is just a faded regular 7"
Just wondering why it went for $147
http://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-SMITHS-...Smz14q5%2F07kkqSxfjgg%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Speaking of misprinted GFIAC, what was the deal with this one? It doesn't seem to have the two b-sides, so do you guys think it is just a faded regular 7"
Just wondering why it went for $147
http://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-SMITHS-...Smz14q5%2F07kkqSxfjgg%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

There's two sides to this argument, one thinks the green covers are a genuine misprint and rarity, while others say it's just a faded sleeve and the only real rarity is the misprinted back cover with 12" details instead of 7". This listing gave no opinion either way, I'm sure the seller was pleased with the final price. It was consistently green though over full surface of the sleeve. It's a good looking argument for a misprint.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
There's two sides to this argument, one thinks the green covers are a genuine misprint and rarity, while others say it's just a faded sleeve and the only real rarity is the misprinted back cover with 12" details instead of 7". This listing gave no opinion either way, I'm sure the seller was pleased with the final price. It was consistently green though over full surface of the sleeve. It's a good looking argument for a misprint.

That listing was not for a mispressed sleeve, and the buyer just got ripped off.

I rest my case, the two opinions above and the guy who give $147 for a green sleeve. Is 2:1 a correct ratio of opinion I wonder?

Buyer definately was not ripped off, it was a fare and well described item seller didn't mention the colour,stated track listing, catalogue number, even state of the vinyl was disclosed, he didn't suggest anywhere it may something unusual, just described the item and left people to bid 11 bids. Where's the rip off?

Last edited:
I never said the seller did anything wrong. I was just wondering why the bids were so high when it only has the one b-side.
I guess some think it is a misprint, some do not.

I have done the "window test" with a grey 7" of GIAC and it does indeed turn green after some time in the sunlight. Along with the color, the quality of the image also changes and appears a bit washed out. I then compared it to my Australian 7", which was intentionally released with a green tint, and the shade of green and image quality vary too much for me to believe the green UK version was intentional. I'm with IR and believe the 7" version with the 12" tracklisting is the only real misprint.

Tags
the smiths vinyl
Back
Top Bottom