Your latest Morrissey/Smiths buy

I never thought for a single moment that this sleeve may have been tampered with.
Ever since I laid my eyes on the photos I received via email I knew I was looking at a rather unique and genuine item.

Not sure if I'll make sense, but I'm guessing he doesn't mean the entire front portion of the gatefold was removed, as your picture clearly states that it wasn't. But that just the thin layer (or whatever you'd call it) of paper that contains the picture itself was scraped off of that front portion. So your gatefold is still intact but the picture was carefully removed. I have no clue if this is true but I think that's what this person is saying. I guess someone could have done that if they wanted a clear area for the autographs, although that would still be kind of dumb to do.

That is ludicrous.

It is obviously a blank sleeve. It's ace and I want it.

Yeah, looking at my copies it looks like that'd be really difficult to do. I was just re-stating what I thought the other person was trying to explain. I wasn't saying it was actually the case. I think if there was one or just a few blank ones pressed accidentally, it's actually not that far fetched that someone involved in the process would have thought it would be a great place to get the band members to sign it. Seems quite plausible. Dang, I wish I had seen this for sale. Unfortunately, no time to scour everything on discogs for crazy stuff like this.

That is ludicrous.

It is obviously a blank sleeve. It's ace and I want it.

Great catch - well done! I do own a HOH mispressed LP which plays tracks by Oak Ridge Boys to one side. That's a nice item to own, but not in the same league as your superb find, again, congrats on your intriguing scoop!

Not quite as exciting as the blank Hatful, but The Smiths have never sounded so good.

2n1bdx5.jpg

Ok, so I haven't posted one of these for a while...

n4i7ah.jpg

The latest arrival is the one on the right in the third row, it is an alternative Greek pressing with Viva Hate printed in bright red.

William, It Was Really Nothing - Sweden 7" (top right)
This one completes my 7" collection of William and HSIN housed in William sleeves.

m9q0qc.jpg

Clockwise from top:

Rough Trade UK 1st issue
Germany
Sweden (textured sleeve)
Italy
Rhino UK reissue 2008 (part of Singles set)
Rhino UK reissue 2011 (part of Complete set)
HSIN Spanish promo (textured sleeve)
HSIN original release (Holland)
HSIN original release (EEC)
Rough Trade UK reissue
Canadian promo

This one completes my 7" collection of William and HSIN housed in William sleeves.

m9q0qc.jpg

Clockwise from top:

Rough Trade UK 1st issue
Germany
Sweden (textured sleeve)
Italy
Rough Trade UK reissue
Canadian promo

Nice, which is the spanish how soon?

Nice, which is the spanish how soon?

It's the one on the left in the 3rd row.
A very nice item to own, it differs from all others in several ways.
The background is generally a darker green and The Smiths is printed in black and much larger font than all other variants. The sleeve itself is actually textured, very similar to the Swedish release in that sense.

It's the one on the left in the 3rd row.
A very nice item to own, it differs from all others in several ways.
The background is generally a darker green and The Smiths is printed in black and much larger font than all other variants. The sleeve itself is actually textured, very similar to the Swedish release in that sense.

Nice collection! So, do you guys store all your vinyls by title or by country of release? For example, do you keep all William vinyls in one batch, or do you keep all the UK releases in one index, then another set with US pressings and another with French issues etc?

Nice! I love pictures like this. I guess I've got maybe 3 or 4 of those only. I'd love to get that Spanish How Soon is Now? one though. That is definitely a cool one.

m9q0qc.jpg

Clockwise from top:

Rough Trade UK 1st issue
Germany
Sweden (textured sleeve)
Italy
Rough Trade UK reissue
Canadian promo

Tags
the smiths vinyl
Back
Top Bottom